This site exists on your donations. Donate here
Switch theme
About Contact Log in Register!

351,278 users • 208,735 reviews
122,398 films • 18,478 TV series

Chicken & Mushroom Soup. (359 views, 7 replies)

This topic has been closed.

God
Report comment
(3y)

This will be my only 2nd attempt at making up a soup, i think i made up a chicken and sweetcorn one years back, or is it i've eaten a lot of them lol.

Half way through making it now, this is how i will make it up:

Ingredients:
5 ounce of button mushrooms, chopped (but not to finely).
1 Pre cooked chicken thigh, skin removed, pulled apart into little bits and the bone put to one side.
1 Large egg white (first time I've separated a yolk lol).
1 Knorr stock cube.
15 gram of butter.
A little black pepper.
Approx 750 ml of water.
150 ml double cream.

Fry the butter in a sauce pan or small pan and add the mushrooms and black pepper.

Then add the chicken and fry for a few mins.

Add 500 ml of the water boiled with the stock cube dissolved in it and the left over bone.

Mix the egg white with the rest of the " cold " water and add that.

Bring to the boil and simmer for about 40 mins and stir once or twice.

Remove the bone and stir in the double cream and bring back to the boil and simmer for a few more mins.
Read more

+5

God
Report comment
(3y)

Update on the taste:

The chicken and mushroom could have done with a " little bit " of salt adding to it.
And you can see the color of the butter showing through the back ground of the cream (some might like that).
As for the flavor, it has a lovely creamy taste to it (bit like those tins of cream of chicken or mushrooms soups).

8/10 Would be 9/10 if i had added a little salt to the chicken at the start, will deff be making this again.

+5

Hide 1 reply...

senior guru
Report comment
(3y)

I hope you don't mind if I add a recipe of my own. If you like cream soups and such, you will like this too.

Cream Perogies

5 strips of bacon cut into 1 inch pieces
5 mushrooms, cut up ( I always try to use fresh white ones but a can of bits and pieces, drained really well will work too.)
1 medium sized yellow onion, diced/chopped
12 potato & cheddar cheese perogies
1 can of 2% evaporated canned milk.

Fry bacon, onions, and mushrooms over medium heat. Not to hot because they will burn. Just until the onions are soft. I like my bacon crisp.

Remove them from the pan but don't get rid of the bacon grease.

Boil perogies. Not too long. Just until they float around the top of the water. About 5 minutes. Then drain the perogies and put them in the fry pan with the bacon grease. All on the same side so you can keep track of which ones you've turned. I like them a little bit seared on both sides but YMMV.

Once the perogies are fried to your liking, add the bacon, onion, & mushrooms and mix all together really well. Then pour the entire can of milk in and keep stirring until it thickens. You must keep that milk moving or it will burn.
Read more

+1

Hide 3 replies...
Report comment
(3y)

@michael59 That sounds lovely that, thanks for sharing. smiley smiley

+1

Report comment
(3y)

@PureVodka🍺 I'm gonna try your recipe too. I'll let you know how I do. Is it okay to just use a boneless skinless chicken breast?

+1

Report comment
(3y)

@michael59 Yes that will be fine.

+1

top expert
Report comment
(2y)

This looks very helpful (I am hungry now)! Thanks

+2

This topic has been closed.

Similar forum topics

FEEDBACK

Join 351,278 users who love movies and TV shows!

208,735 reviews • 122,398 films • 18,478 TV series