This site exists on your donations. Donate here
Switch theme
About Contact Log in Register!

351,278 users • 208,882 reviews
122,472 films • 18,489 TV series

Bruce Willis suffering from FTD (378 views, 19 replies)

This topic has been closed.

senior master
Report comment
(1y)
(edited)

www.cnn.com/2023/02/16/entertain...

The family of Bruce Willis has announced that the actor is suffering from a form of dementia called frontotemporal dementia, or FTD for short.

+1

admin
Report comment
(1y)

age just age

+1

Hide 3 replies...

master
Report comment
(1y)

dementia at its worst is frontal lobs involved
usually brings big personality changes smiley
and not normal aging at all

+2

Hide 2 replies...
Report comment
(1y)

@🌞Suisen🌞 No, it's not normal aging.

It is HORRIFIC.

+1

@🌞Suisen🌞 I agree with you there. Eventually when he gets to the end stages he will not even know who he is or have the ability to communicate. I feel so bad for him and his family. It is a devastation disease🙏💔

+1

senior master
Report comment
(1y)

BigSteve already reported this.

Personally, I think it's awful. Age doesn't include dementia!

Dementia is HORRIFIC for family, and for the sufferer.

I cared for a neighbour as he began this journey. His moments of being himself again included the absolute horror of recognising he was not in control of his mind or his body anymore.

Dementia patients often become violent.

It's even more common for those with money (Bruce?) to be abused and used for the monetary gains of others.

No one deserves this hell. I hope his family, his children in particular, will protect him.

Sad, and disturbing news, all in all.

Money cannot buy you freedom from Dementia. smiley

+3

Hide 2 replies...

@DontSpeak He will one day have to be put in a home the family will not be able to handle him as you said violence is one of the common symptoms. I've seen a man with this disease through one of those really heavy office desks as if it weighed nothing. There was no controlling him. How terrible I feel so bad for him and his friends and of course his family

+1

senior master
Report comment
(1y)
(edited)

His family has been milking what remained of his talent for the last decade with crap movie after crap movie. Cashing in on his legacy. Now they can probably get his disability insurance to cover his care so they won't have to deal with him. Poor man deserves better.
I hope I'm wrong here as I'm merely postulating from evidence I'm aware, but I don't think so.

+3

Hide 1 reply...

@Bread&Circuses yes you made some good observations there.

+2

senior master
Report comment
(1y)
(edited)

I just wrote that, BUT ...

B&C blocks cos he or she doesn't fancy being told politics don't belong on this site

I'm in Finland. What B&C does is called profiling. No reason other than being told TRUMP is not king baby.

As far as this post, I said the damn thing first.

Yikes.

senior master
Report comment
(1y)

Bruce W's recent batch of B-movies should never have been made.
Better to retire while he is on top, and be remembered for the many great performances he gave with his own mix or action/ humour/ satire.

This article sums it up:
Hollywood owes Bruce Willis an apology for exploiting him amid dementia battle
www.nzherald.co.nz/entertainment...

+1

Hide 2 replies...
Report comment
(1y)

@Buttless That's what I was saying. It's common with older stars that have this happen to be preyed upon, but we can hope that his children will protect him.

senior master
Report comment
(1y)

shush me now...I already forgot what I was saying about alcohol and drug abuse or for the regular Mary Jane smokers...Must be my putrid and conservative preaching type of Dementia. FTD huh? What was FTD???

Hide 2 replies...
This topic has been closed.

Similar forum topics

FEEDBACK

Join 351,278 users who love movies and TV shows!

208,882 reviews • 122,472 films • 18,489 TV series