122,276 films • 18,454 TV series

Any UFC fans? (174 views, 7 replies)

This topic has been closed.

senior master
Report comment
(1y)

When did you become a fan?
Whose your favorite fighter(s)?

What's one of your most memorable fights/events?

senior master
Report comment
(1y)

Not really a fan. Occasionally I watch some fight mostly following the ads and the publicity around the event

guru
Report comment
(1y)

I enjoyed it until it became bloody. Maybe I didn't think of the consequences of two men fighting with almost no rules.
I can't watch that or anything near it.
Do you recall all those videos of the homeless fighting?
For a prize. While I know a LOT of that was staged. UFC's boxer's etc aren't.
All of it brought me to my knees more than butterflies within me.
I felt it all with my body.

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(1y)

@CollideDuhScope my friend Martial Arts have evolved so much that a good fighter can drop dead a big opponent in a few secs. It's not possible to watch anymore such real spectacle. Even if u watch press photos, pics etc from the 70's many times many fights in professional full contact Martial Arts were canceled when managers knew that there is danger of death. I also think that there can be no real match between different types of Martial Arts, with no rules or however can this be called. Audience "enjoys" some blood and knock-downs but in a logical amount of reality of a Martial Art. I hope my words make sense. We just enjoy and respect as audience now ppl dedicated in training, some type of Art, ready to bleed and get the hit, etc. IMHO

guru
Report comment
(1y)

What happened to boxing? I didn't mind that. At least the injuries are maintained and they get a TO.

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(1y)

@CollideDuhScope I adored the Lingerie Football League but if they have come to conclusion that is not appropriate, I have to accept it

senior master
Report comment
(1y)

Sport is for health and fitness.
Any activity designed to cause brain damage is not sport. Boxing, UFC etc are just money-making exploitation of the performers.
Stupid.

+1

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(1y)

@Buttless Martial Arts is not sport. When I was young and was doing some I used to think of it as sport and steaming off. Is not. It's about self-defending yourself, neutralizing or killing opponents

This topic has been closed.

Similar forum topics

FEEDBACK

Join 351,278 users who love movies and TV shows!

208,379 reviews • 122,276 films • 18,454 TV series