This site exists on your donations. Donate here
Switch theme
About Contact Log in Register!

351,278 users • 208,794 reviews
122,426 films • 18,483 TV series

these are the affects of heroin and Methamphetamine when taken together. Why would anyone want to do this? (281 views, 18 replies)

This topic has been closed.

master

+2

senior master
Report comment
(1y)

This is really tragic.

+3

Hide 6 replies...

@DontSpeak I know right. I posted it as a warning to people that combining the two causes a catastrophic affect on the central nervous system. Eventually causing serious neuropathy. My friend from high school became addicted to both. She is no longer alive. However she spent the latter part of her life unable to walk most days and terrible pain. God bless these people. Cherie my friend was a loving person. However do to child abuse she turned to drugs but it will only bring more pain eventually. 💔

+3

Report comment
(1y)
(edited)

@💛Yellow_rose1💛 This is why mental health care should be a right, not something that costs exorbitant amounts. Most drug abusers (alcohol is also a drug) are victims of abuse. Too often all we see is hatred for the victim. It's absurd and the cycle is the reason it continues; meaning the cycle of mental health care being treated as a commodity, not a right to life. If there was appropriate intervention, then all the complaints in certain countries about addicts being a drain would be non-existent.

I am very sorry about your lovely friend. smiley

+3

Report comment
(1y)
(edited)

@DontSpeak thank you she was very special and dear to my heart. It is so sad that even here in Canada mental health services are non existent due to budget cuts etc. I'm Bipolar and even I can't get in to see a professional, what chance does a homeless drug addict have.

+3

@DontSpeak I posted a picture of Cherie at the end of the thread

+3

Report comment
(1y)

@💛Yellow_rose1💛 I see. I'm am very impressed and touched to the point of feeling emotional that you have kept that photograph for all these years.

xxx

+3

@DontSpeak Thanks Pihla she was a lovely lady inside and out. She wanted me to come and see her before she past, in was unexpected by the way. I was afraid to with the drugs she was doing I didn't want to be around that. Then a couple weeks later I found out she died.

+3

master

+3

Hide 5 replies...
Report comment
(1y)
(edited)

@💛Yellow_rose1💛 Cheri Ann Harper. This was her obit picture. January 10, 1969-Febuary 4, 2019. RIP my sister from another Mother

+3

Report comment
(1y)

@💛Yellow_rose1💛 Please accept my condolences for your loss.

+3

@JudgeDredd Thanks Judge it's very touching to reach out and express your thoughts💖

+3

Report comment
(1y)

@💛Yellow_rose1💛 The human element aside, I am afraid that my thoughts on the matter are rather complex. I sincerely believe that the war on drugs is a futile endeavor. You cant regulate harmful and addictive substances and exempt alcohol, tobacco, coffee and sugar from such regulation. Also you cant regulate the attraction in the human psyche in doing something forbidden. Its a de facto invitation not a deterrent. And taking into account that drugs are consumed for pleasure and escape equally, a society lacking in the mental health support is fighting an already lost battle. This is one of the few cases where being proactive doesn't really produce any results. Instead, they should reverse course and go full reactive to deal with the fallout. In practice they are already doing that but with limited funds on account of the priority to proactive measures. Therefore, in my mind and in my humble opinion, they should simply take the loss and concentrate on the support aspect rather than the enforcement.

+3

@JudgeDredd I agree with you on all points. No matter what punishment's you give an addict they are not going to stop until they want to stop

+2

skilled
Report comment
(1y)

so sad seeing this ,the meth epidemic is so brutal.how do people not care ???? bless xx

+2

senior master
Report comment
(1y)

Its sad, but everyone make their own choices.
I've known nice people who totally changed due to drugs, some died, several families wrecked.
The saddest thing is I never saw one good thing come from it.

+1

Hide 3 replies...

@Buttless me either and buttless I am a reformed drug addict. Morphine prescribed by my doctor and Demerol, fentanyl patches he gave me anything. I see myself no different than the drug addict on the street. I'm so glad that part of my life is completely over. I lost everything back then.

+2

Report comment
(1y)

@💛Yellow_rose1💛 It takes a lot of strength to kick the habit, well done.

+1

@Buttless Thanks it does. I hated who I was. I couldn't be that person anymore. I thank the lord for guiding me to a better path

This topic has been closed.

Similar forum topics

FEEDBACK

Join 351,278 users who love movies and TV shows!

208,794 reviews • 122,426 films • 18,483 TV series