This site exists on your donations. Donate here
Switch theme
About Contact Log in Register!

351,278 users • 208,379 reviews
122,276 films • 18,454 TV series

Christmas is just around the corner. Would anyone like to share their favorite recipes to make this holiday special? (261 views, 12 replies)

This topic has been closed.

master

I would like to share my turkey dressing recipe that everyone in my family loves. It goes with a turkey that is at least 12 to 15 lbs. Melt 3/4 to half a pound of butter add one diced onion, 2-3 stalks of Celery. When butter is melted add 2 tbsp. of ground sage. 1 tbsp. of dried oregano. 1 Tbsp. of dried basil. Then 1 Tbsp. of ground Thyme. Nest a 1/4 tsp. of pepper and 1/4 tsp. spoon of table salt. Some still like to add Poultry seasoning therefore I would call for 1 tbsp. Simmer until the onion and celery are slightly tender otherwise it will turn to mush once it has been baked inside the turkey. It's the sage and thyme that really makes the dressing taste delicious. Then of course add one to one and half loaves of bread cut into quarter sized pieces. Mix butter mixture a little at a time. I also know that Americans will soon be celebrating their Thanksgiving, so I thought I would start posting this in the forum before that holiday comes. Best regards. I do hope that others share their favorite recipes. ...
Read more

+2

master

I do hope the recipe I posted makes sense if not then just ask me any questions.

+2

senior master
Report comment
(1y)

This is good Christmas cake.
I put in less sugar, and like to add dried mango and cranberries to the fruit mix.
And don't be mean with the brandy!

+1

Hide 1 reply...

@Buttless thanks it looks so goood

+1

guru
Report comment
(1y)

My parents got me into these. They would make these cakes at the holidays to eat and to give as gifts to neighbors and to the mailman and the trash pickup guys. One time when I was visiting for Christmas we made 11 of these cakes in two days. I was looking for the recipe card and found the exact recipe here.
www.allrecipes.com/recipe/7364/e...

+1

Hide 1 reply...

@Wander I've always wanted to try a rum cake thanks

+3

guru
Report comment
(1y)

A name would help. It's Rum Cake

+1

master
Report comment
(1y)

As we are conected worlwide i was invited to a christmas dinner with different culture xmas food, just trying one dish from another culture is cool

+2

Hide 1 reply...

@❄Suisen❄ That sounds like loads of fun. You must have had a really great time

+2

senior master
Report comment
(1y)
(edited)

Piparkakut (Finnish Gingerbread Cookies)

Ingredients (Yield: About 7 dozen medium cookies)

½cup plus 2 tablespoons/125 grams granulated sugar
9tablespoons/127 grams unsalted butter
¼cup plus 2 tablespoons/90 grams molasses
1½teaspoons ground ginger
¾teaspoon ground cardamom, preferably freshly ground
½teaspoon ground cinnamon
½teaspoon ground cloves
¼teaspoon black pepper
1teaspoon finely grated orange zest
1egg plus 1 egg white
⅛teaspoon salt
1teaspoon baking soda
2¾cups/341 grams all-purpose flour, plus more for dusting
Butter (or cooking oil) for greasing the cookie sheets
Raw sugar, for decorating

Preparation

Step 1
Heat the sugar, butter, molasses, spices, pepper and orange zest over medium heat, constantly stirring until the sugar dissolves, about 4 to 5 minutes. Pour into a large bowl and cool until tepid, about 20 minutes.
Read more

+2

Hide 2 replies...

@DontSpeak Oh wow I really want to try these and I don't know if I can wait until Christmas. Thanks so much

+1

Report comment
(1y)

@💛Yellow_rose1💛 You're so sweet. I love them. They are delicious.

senior master
Report comment
(1y)
(edited)

Blueberries grow wild everywhere between June-Sept. I gather them and then save them to make this "pie", which is considered a Summer thing, but I love it too much to not have it for Winter. (NOTE: Autumn lingonberries are a perfect substitute if they grow where you live. They are the same flavour.)

Mustikkapiirakka (Finnish Wild Blueberry Pie)
Mustikkapiirakka is like a combination of tart, blueberry pie and cheesecake, and it is a dessert made of rye flour and sour cream custard.

Ingredients:

For the pastry:
100 g butter soft - 5 tbsps
80 g sugar - 1/3 cups
1 egg at room temperature
150 g rye flour alternatively 100 g wheat flour and 50 g rye flour - 1 1/2 cups
1/4 tsp cardamom
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking powder

For the filling:
150 g crème fraîche or more sour creme 2/3 cups
Read more

+1

This topic has been closed.

Similar forum topics

FEEDBACK

Join 351,278 users who love movies and TV shows!

208,379 reviews • 122,276 films • 18,454 TV series