This site exists on your donations. Donate here
Switch theme
About Contact Log in Register!

351,278 users • 208,816 reviews
122,429 films • 18,484 TV series

Why You Should Be Worried About This Glacier | 2 weeks ago (193 views, 7 replies)

This topic has been closed.

master
Report comment
(1y)
(edited)

Why You Should Be Worried About This Glacier
(Uploaded:Aug 31, 2022)
1.43M Views·17.2K Likes

Known as the ‘Hollywood Glacier,’ Europe’s largest ice cap has been the picturesque and otherworldly scene of movies and TV shows for decades. But the real drama lies underneath; Vatnajökull glacier sits across some of the most active volcanoes in Iceland.

Embedded with a team of drone pilots and scientists, VICE World News investigates if the country’s melting glaciers could lead to catastrophic volcanic eruptions which could impact our entire planet.

Directing Producer: Louise McLoughlin
DOP: Zuka George
Shooting Producer: Alice Stevens
Editor: Oli Mason

Check out the VICE World News playlist for global reporting you won't find elsewhere: www.youtube.com/playlist?list...
Read more

+4

top expert
Report comment
(1y)

Now this is something to properly worry about, I live in a coastal area and i`m pretty sure when that falls off i`m gonna need a boat.

+1

Hide 2 replies...

@Stickmanuk Your totally right though, all the countries that live with the oceon just barely below them or actually themselves below sea level have been loosing so much ground every day/week/month. There's so many docs on all those countries, but I know India is gettng it hard, their land is just slipping under the water everyday more and more. Then all the people pushing inland are pilling and becoming more and more of a crowded insane mess. Especially with no sewer water or basic systems set-up in these refugee towns it's a global disaster just trying to get them water...

Report comment
(1y)
(edited)

@ᚘ𝕺ƸᚰĦҜïᑻ⭍🌘 I read recently about Lousiana losing the equivalent of a "football" field an hour. Another one is "The world lost a football pitch-sized area of tropical forest every six seconds in 2019" I knew it was bad but bloomin heck...

master

@Stickmanuk :
There's a bunch more places dealing with the same

senior master
Report comment
(1y)

+1

Report comment
(1y)

When the wealthy elites abandon their beachfront properties, then I'll consider being worried. It's all a scam!!

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(1y)

@CliffShep Most don't actually live there, just visit occasionally. And if disaster hits when they are there they have high $$ warning services that will warn 'em in enough time to get out before the wave hits.

And they can afford enough insurance that they will make a big profit when their properties do get sucked into the sea.

This topic has been closed.

Similar forum topics

FEEDBACK

Join 351,278 users who love movies and TV shows!

208,816 reviews • 122,429 films • 18,484 TV series