This site exists on your donations. Donate here
Switch theme
About Contact Log in Register!

351,278 users • 208,696 reviews
122,387 films • 18,475 TV series

Which Films Are On Your Halloween Playlist? (1505 views, 73 replies)

This topic has been closed.

senior master
Report comment
(5y)

Hi smiley

What are some films/series that you have on your Halloween playlist?

What are the must-sees that you would recommend watching for the Halloween season or that may be a tradition for you and yours?

They do not need to be horrors although I welcome that genre... anything Halloween related - please post here for all members. Sharing is caring! smiley

( Please keep this thread friendly )

+1

Hide 2 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

@3UN01A oh,"The Nightmare Before Xmas--"and also at Xmas time.I just love it.

Report comment
(5y)

@clarachan1355 Halloween is my Christmas and have Halloween on Christmas ;) big tune though.-blink.

senior master
Report comment
(5y)

Trick 'r Treat (2009)
Genre: Comedy / Drama / Horror / Thriller
dosmovies.com/watch_movie/Trick_r_Treat/....

It is said that Halloween is the night when the dead rise to walk among us and other unspeakable things roam free. The rituals of All Hallows Eve were devised to protect us from their evil mischief, and one small town is about to be taught a terrifying lesson that some traditions are best not forgotten. Nothing is what it seems when a suburban couple learns the dangers of blowing out a Jack-o-Lantern before midnight; four women cross paths with a costumed stalker at a local festival; a group of pranksters goes too far and discovers the horrifying truth buried in a local legend; and a cantanke..

+1

guru
Report comment
(5y)

smiley WOW. Someone in your history got a bit mixed. The longest night, darkest day, halloween. Is the one day all spirits get to rest. Remember this is celebrated well before Hallmark cards and chocolate gifts. Even before the pyramids and stonehenge.

Scared yet? Shouldn't be. It's the other 364 days you should worry about.

As for a great halloween movie. Carry On Screaming from 1966.
Can't watch that and manage to keep my socks on.
Laughter silly! "Laugh my socks off"

+2

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(5y)

@Egor17 :D I am guessing you're referring to the description of the film I posted ;)

Carry On Screaming 1966
dosmovies.com/watch_movie/Carry_on_Screa....

Young ladies are being spirited away in the woods by Oddbod, creation of fiendish Dr Watt. Henpecked Sergeant Bung is on the case, but an early lead comes to nothing with the ghastly drowning while at work of lavatory attendant Dan Dann. Bung does seem to be having success with Valeria and her very obvious charms, but completely fails to realise her sinister country house holds the key to the unimaginable horrors going on.

- Thank you !

+1

senior master
Report comment
(5y)

These are on mine... but can you guess the titles of the movies??????

+1

Hide 16 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

@..box.. aww too bad I can't see it or I would probably have guessed them all.

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@3UN01A why not?? u left your glasses in the car?

Remember, don't count your chickens before the two birds are in the bush

+2

Report comment
(5y)

@..box.. I don't wear glasses ... I can't see it due to my settings that restrict images. ;)

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@3UN01A So you can't see any images on the site or just images in comments? I suppose there must be a good reason for that.

Then we will have to leave them for the other mere mortals.

+2

Report comment
(5y)

@..box.. The first one is "The Omen" Scariest movie any 12 year old could see. When they had a bible bashing preacher for a father.
The 3rd I sort of recognize but can't put a name to. The rest.. Nope. Horror isn't a genre I go to. Until super drunk and bored.

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@Egor17 a wee bit more researching and the million dollars could be yours (isn't that right doc?)

+2

Report comment
(5y)

@..box.. Where on earth do you think I could put a million dollars? Even my fat arse pockets aren't that big. Never mind the weight!
We are talking western world currency? Ever seen 1,000,000 dollars. Takes a fork lift to lift that.
Hollywood lies again.
Though did see Yugoslavian notes that had 6 and 10 zeros on them, just before the country collapsed. Took a big pocket full to buy breakfast then.

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@Egor17 The prize is going to drop between now and Halloween so you better get your thinking cap on if you want to stuff those pockets and whatever else comes handy.

And pancakes for brekkie - none of that porridge

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@..box.. [SPOILER]

I accept Paypal or Cheque ;)

+2

Report comment
(5y)

@DemandingFemale It's in the post . Too easy for you. We will have to come up with something more challenging for u. what is your genre?

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@..box.. I'm a Horror gal for the most part. Every day is Halloween in my cold, dead soul lol

+2

Report comment
(5y)

@DemandingFemale A shark - thought as much. How are you on romcoms from the 60s with Doris Day? That may be your next chosen subject

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@..box.. Doris Day isn't very Halloweenish lol

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@..box.. Unless you're talking Hitchcock...

dosmovies.com/watch_movie/The_Man_Who_Kn....

+3

Report comment
(5y)

@DemandingFemale You would probably know Hitch's stuff too well.

The thing is, would you know her film posters with Rock Hudson or James Gardner without consulting google? If not then I'm on to a winner.

She was also in ... dosmovies.com/watch_movie/Midnight_Lace....

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@..box.. I would probably know far more than I would ever admit. It would ruin my street-cred, man. lol

+2

master
Report comment
(5y)
+3

Hide 3 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

@BrunoAxemaker Love them all! this list could be endless. Thank you for adding to the Which Films Are On Your Halloween Playlist? thread and come back with more ;)

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@BrunoAxemaker You know your classic horror. I found Freaks too real. The bride of Frankenstein was the first horror film I remember on tv and I remember watching it from behind the sofa.

I'll have to check out the others bar Poltergeist which I remember as a VHS favourite during the 80s. Cheers

+2

Report comment
(5y)

@..box.. That's the great thing about Freaks. Those are all real people. Johnny Eck, the guy that walks on his hands has had a really interesting life. At one point they were going to make a movie about him. Leonardo DiCaprio was going to star.

+2

senior master
Report comment
(5y)

+1

guru
Report comment
(5y)

There was a movie I think was called 'The Hand'.
Watched it a BW TV so don't know if it was made in colour. Freaked my big sister out so much she wouldn't sleep alone for about a week. I just couldn't work out how the Hand could keep it's severed wrist of the floor? Apart from that. Bloomin scary movie.

+1

Hide 11 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

@Egor17 could it be this one from Oliver Stone (1981)?

dosmovies.com/watch_movie/The_Hand_1981....

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@..box.. No. It was a much older film. Not much in the way of blood n gore, just a lot of suspense as the hand creeped up behind you to leap and strangle.
Bet you at least almost looked behind you, Just in case.

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@Egor17 Dr. Terror's House of Horrors. www.imdb.com/title/tt0059125/

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@ Yup that's the one. Creepy or what. Of course when I seen it it was in BW and seemed a lot longer.

+2

Report comment
(5y)

@Egor17 That's a VERY excellent anthology film, actually, and yes, very scary! I'm still searching for a film (older, like your film) that scared me that had a midget or a doll that comes to life and hides behind couches and kills people with a giant knife.
Scared the life outta me as a child. That and Dracula. And the Blob. (It is NOT Chucky.)

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@ & @Egor17 Dr Terrors House of Horrors is an excellent anthology. Asylum (1972) is another worth checking out (it also has severed free-moving limbs. It still makes my husband squirm lol)

dosmovies.com/watch_movie/Asylum_1972....

Ravenous, Do you think the movie you are thinking about could be Trilogy of Terror I? "Amelia"

www.imdb.com/title/tt0073820/?re...

dosmovies.com/watch_movie/Trilogy_of_Ter....

If not, it was still pretty damn scary to watch as a kid.

+2

Report comment
(5y)

@DemandingFemale Oh wow, that's it! Do you know how long I've been searching for it??? Thank you so much. I seriously didn't know where it was from. I only know I was looking behind couches forever! :)

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@ As soon as I saw doll/couch/knife it was the first thing that came to mind. It's the manic frenzied attack and evil sound effects that always got me.

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@DemandingFemale The 70's belonged to Karen Black with b horror but also classics like the Day of the locusts, Nashville, Five Easy pieces, Capricorn One and even the Great Gatsby.

Not a beauty in the traditional Hollywold sense but had a bit of a femme fatal (always saw a bit of Lauren Bacall in her) and wa s a great actress. Even acted in Hitchcock's last film.

+2

Report comment
(5y)

@..box.. Trilogy of Terror was a 3 part anthology and Karen plays different characters in each tale. I LOVE Horror anthologies. She has lots of horror credits that run right through the last few decades. I think it's unfortunate they turned her in to a scream-queen, she was capable of much more.

+2

Report comment
(5y)

@DemandingFemale Your street cred has just gone through the roof with that goldmine of info. You'll be the "go to" for all things Horror if you keep pulling these rabbits (and dolls) out of the hat

+2

senior master
Report comment
(5y)

@EUNOIA I can't see your messages - have I been blocked?

+3

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(5y)

@..box.. @EUNOIA Oh well ... and life goes on.

Toodle pip

+5

senior master
Report comment
(5y)

A lot of Stephen King films are always on my Halloween playlist.

+1

senior master
Report comment
(5y)

Classics are the best in my opinion as most modern films lack what makes great horror films.

+1

senior master
Report comment
(5y)

@EUNOIA That's very interesting, but getting back to the blocking. I though the motto for this thread was

( Please keep this thread friendly )

Did something happen that went over my head and I missed? Have I insulted you accidentally?

Honestly I am lost here.

+4

Hide 4 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

@..box.. @EUNOIA Oh well ... and life goes on.

Toodle pip

+3

Report comment
(5y)

@..box.. Life should go on but you continue to comment AT me like I am being summoned... please stop and refrain from doing so in the future, THANKS!

Report comment
(5y)

@3UN01A I will BUT just in case you consider my request as to why you blocked me as some form of trolling I MUST beg to differ. It has taken you a week NOT to answer my questions and yet reply to my ending salutation. I do not consider you to be a genie in a bottle and I can't imagine you are summoned by anyone.

I am trying a new method of avoiding comments I don't wish to reply to - I ignore them. However I couldn't ignore this one.

All the best in the future E.

Report comment
(5y)

@..box.. It's been a week? Sorry, I really was not timing this nor did I have it marked on my calendar. I could very well be a genie in a bottle but it's a figure of speech here that's commonly used when someone is trying to get your attention. Not sure what they say in Ireland but anyways... you could not ignore this one eh? hm. I did reply incase you missed it below...

master
Report comment
(5y)

I have a folder with links ready for Halloween week...same with Christmas. It's the usual, Blair Witch, the original Halloween movies, Hocus Pocus and TV specials from the middle, the Simpsons, Bob's burgers, Roseanne etc....oh and Ghostwatch.

+2

God
Report comment
(5y)

Shrek, Madagascar, Ice Age, and other talking animal cartoons :p

+1

Hide 4 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

@∞Aces∞ Don't like the scary stuff - got kids?

You got a few classic funny as hell animations here. Enjoy

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@..box.. ummm the titles i mentioned are scary movies for me :p talking animals, it is scary :D

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@∞Aces∞ I remember Francis the talking mule. Was funny in its day but they showend reruns in the 70s.

Def not scary. DOnky is not scary. You need a checkup and maybe a bit of rewiring

+2

Report comment
(5y)

@..box.. Hahahahaha :p

+1

top expert
Report comment
(5y)

A movie I liked when I was a much younger lad was The Legend of Hell House 1973. dosmovies.com/watch_movie/The_Legend_of_....

Scared the stuffing out me back then. smiley

+2

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(5y)

@Stephen386 I added that to my list, thanks for sharing ;)

senior master
Report comment
(5y)

Where are all the members who watch films/series and enjoy the Halloween season ??

Share your films/movies/series/shows ;)

senior master
Report comment
(5y)

@EᑌᑎOIᗩ🎭 - Could it be that the blocking really messes up the train of conversation? Just something to consider for the future.

Toodle pip

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(5y)

@..box.. Speak for yourself when it comes to being blocked as you've no idea who is on my block list nor who has me blocked.

Now...

Exactly what train of conversation would that be?

senior master
Report comment
(5y)

Firstly, I always speak for myself and no one else.

Secondly, being interested in the topic at hand and you being the initiator as well as the main contributor, it is quite difficult sometimes to follow as chunks of the thread are severed and thus your replies are missing or the replies to your comments need a certain amount of imagination (which I have very little in stock).

You are right - I know only one person that you have blocked and that is me. I still don't know why. I do get the impression I did something to offend you but it has not been explained to me. I even asked Dr. Evil about the deleted comments but he could only advise on the "report spam". I had nothing to report. I just wanted to know why your comment and my reply to said comment disappeared into the matrix.

You are right again - I don't know who has blocked you as it doesn't affect me.

Hide 3 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

@..box.. You know exactly why I blocked you and it has nothing to do with this forum thread or any other one. It's what you typed to another member under a movie comment regarding me and then your rude insulting reply to me which was removed , followed by the block. But instead you come here and post multiple times about being blocked as if it was for no reason or something that had to be announced. That's all drama to me and not something I care for hence the block. You continue to do this and when you're blocked, you leave comments AT me knowing eventually it will get my attention (like tonight) then it's all going around in circles again. If you;re going to insult and be rude to a member, why question them about blocking you? When a thread is started , why go off topic?

Either way Irishman... I don't intend to repeat this foolishness. 🍂 🍂 🍂 🍂 🍂 🍂

Report comment
(5y)

@3UN01A I think you definitely got the wrong end of the stick.

What I typed to another member had nothing to do with you. I said the following .." What a great story - finding love in horror.

- is this a coincidence? (see forum thread "Which films .... on your Halloween Playlist?"

I said this because the film she was talking about was the same film I put in the thread as a quiz. A big coincidence I thought.

Your reply to the comment was a question as to how I managed to comment with the time difference of I think you mentioned +3 hours. I think I asked how did you get there so quickly? .... and not only blocked but also your message and my follow up comment disappeared. Thinking back now it was very convenient to eliminate the lack of evidence to support these wild accusations.

There was no rudness, no insults and no reason - I think you know that very well. ...
Read more

Report comment
(5y)

@..box.. Do you keep files or something? How are you NOT including what your reply back to me? You were insulting towards me, full stop. But that's okay no need to apologize just keep acting like it's everyone else all of the time. You do stir the pot and try to cause drama. I have seen it more than once and my blocks reflect it. When we first interacted, you seemed sweet, friendly and different from the majority at the time but I was new here then. You have this other side that is sarcastic in an offensive way. I am not here for that as much as certain others may have put me in that light with their lies, gossip and childish ways... I am actually a friendly person who likes to socialize with other members on here. I don't do politics nor care about Trump or any of that negative nonsense. However, like any human, I can be provoked which will lead to responses/reactions as I have in the past on here but will never engage with again. Lesson learned and moving forward.
Read more

senior master
Report comment
(5y)

Only the X-File here E because this is a bit "out there" for me.

This is obviously a case of "he said, and she is saying nothing". You got the comment deleted but you are not telling me what was so insulting about it. You are suggesting I apologise for a comment that was NOT insulting and if , if it was insulting to you then you could do the courtesy of explaining the offending language.

As a matter of fact I did not know at the time who could see what comments, and I hadn't been watching closely the popularity war that was being played out at the time.

The drama comes in phrases like "your response to me was worse and kind of shocking that you would type that way to me when I have done nothing to you to deserve such response."

The truth is that you are right when you say you have done nothing to me and I claim that my response had not got one inkling of an insult directed towards you.

From this evenings interaction I would say that you can be easily provoked and cry "wolf" for very little reason. A sensitive soul you may be but you should not see insults when there are none and if you need clarification to a statement then all you got to do is ask E.
Read more

Hide 6 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

@..box.. All of this blah zzZZ blah blah is rather putting me to sleep...

Do you speak Spanish?

Report comment
(5y)

@3UN01A yes I do

Report comment
(5y)

@..box.. That's what I recall... not sure what is up with the Gaelic but we can continue this privately in Spanish, or Cata is your speak that??

Report comment
(5y)

@3UN01A guess not?

Report comment
(5y)

@3UN01A When someone refers to me as an Irishman then it is only fair to show my true colours.

Spanish, Euskera and Catalan are the main languages used in Government here but I doubt we will get to the bottom of this in any language ... you seem to have lost your way in the argument and the "bla, bla" retort has all the signs of no counter because how could you? There isn't anything more to say on the subject.

Buenas noches y Hasta luego chica

Report comment
(5y)

@..box.. Well L, I knew you'd find an excuse to not communicate as you simply just want to argue and I will pass on that.

As for the "Irishman" ...you have been using the slang for a while now on here which I found confusing to what you first shared with me - being from Spain and all that yet Irish slang? Odd.

It's like I am communicating with a completely different person... so strange.

Try not using a translator next time - I lived in Spain, have family there and grew up speaking Cata at home. Not sure why you state "are main languages used in Government" LOL when it's the main language of a region any Spaniard knows this...

Now that we are done here, hopefully you have some peace and can move on instead of constantly bothering me to unblock you just so you can banter.

Either way, "Best of Luck" L ;)

guru
Report comment
(5y)

Sean of the Dead
Beetlejuice
The spanish version of the original Dracula, it was filmed at the same time as the english version, English during the day and Spanish at night. The spanish verion is creepier, sexier, just plain better, there are subtitled version.

+1

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(5y)

@Wander Spanish films usually are more sexy and just plain better - I agree there. Majority of my faves in any genre, are Spanish films. I have not watched Beetlejuice in years and forgot all about it. Added to my watch-list, Thanks for sharing! :)

senior master
Report comment
(5y)

@EᑌᑎOIᗩ - Back to the blocking again I see. OK. By the way, speaking Spanish and being Spanish are two different things and Spain is a big country so apologies for not picking up on your reference to the Catalan language, as I don't live near the area and have never heard it spoken. CATA in my region refers to wine tasting.

And no, I do not use a translator. Jumping to conclusions again!

Well we haven't made much progress so we will have to agree to disagree on what is considered insulting. It might be interesting to know what justification you gave to the admin of the site in order to have our comments deleted. I have a feeling that you have used these tactics on other members here. When someone accuses me of insulting without any proof whatsoever, well I find it suspicious and disturbing.

Sorry that you have had bad experiences but I think you may enjoy the drama and all that jazz.

No need to reply to this as that would mean you would have to unblock one of those "evil ones" that are bothering you. Fantasy should be kept in check E, and exaggerating one's victim status is never good for one's mental health. You may start to believe your own spiel.
Read more

This topic has been closed.

Similar forum topics

FEEDBACK

Join 351,278 users who love movies and TV shows!

208,696 reviews • 122,387 films • 18,475 TV series