This site exists on your donations. Donate here
Switch theme
About Contact Log in Register!

351,278 users • 208,379 reviews
122,276 films • 18,454 TV series

Trojan on this site (1012 views, 19 replies)

This topic has been closed.

top expert
Report comment
(3y)

I have been a member of DosMovies for years. I have gotten some malware and now any security software cautions that this site has a trojan that will infect my system. What can I do?

+1

skilled
Report comment
(3y)
(edited)

I haven't had any issues with malware on this site, but movie links go to hosts that may have malware...maybe give us more details, it may be a host you went to.

On my end, I'm using uBlock, Privacy Badger, and DDG Privacy essentials, they all rate this site as good (no red flags). Also on Firefox Developer, no flags, no issues.

Also, are you running AV with Real Time Protection?

In the event you clicked on something that installed malware, you might try running MalwareBytes or equiv. on your machine/tablet/phone/device and see if that clears it up.

+1

Hide 2 replies...
Report comment
(3y)

@WAGB283 I am only using adblock plus. It is not from links, but when I go to dosmovies I get the warning from Malwarebytes which I also was using but stopped because it blocked this site.

Report comment
(3y)

@danzgig Yeah, adblock is no bueno. They sold us out a while ago. Now owned by google, yadda, yadda. Nano or Ublock as mentioned above will eliminate any noids. Malwarebytes (which I also have) is just being cautious but, it doesn't actually do anything here.

God
Report comment
(3y)

when is the warning show up ? when you open the site ? or when you click on a movie links ? if it happen when you click on a movie / tv episodes links can you tell which host ?
And as WAGB283 wrote, you should add ublock origin, as your browser plugin.

+2

Hide 9 replies...
Report comment
(3y)

@∞Aces∞ Not when going to links. It happens as soon as I get to dosmovies.

Report comment
(3y)

@danzgig It can be a false positive from malware bytes, mean false alarm.
Here is the scan result from virustotal
www.virustotal.com/gui/url/afaed...

+1

Report comment
(3y)

@∞Aces∞ Thanks so much. You have been very helpful!

+1

Report comment
(3y)

@danzgig I use Malwarebytes and it has a bad habit of warning you of Trojans on sites they deem to be illegal. I was getting the same alerts for this site so I had to go into Malwarebytes settings and make an exception for this site.
No more Trojan warnings.

Report comment
(3y)

@AlienZ Yes I did the same with settings. I just got through having to reinstall windows after not being able to recover from system damage.

Report comment
(3y)
(edited)

@danzgig OMGosh! I'm sorry to hear that. That wasn't a result of changing settings in Malwarebytes, was it?

Report comment
(3y)

@AlienZ It wasn't from that, I wasn't using Malwarebytes active. I just ran scans when I suspected Malware. I haven't been able to find any free virus programs that work well.

Report comment
(3y)

@danzgig I understand. Even the ones that are not free don't always seem to work that well.

Report comment
(3y)

@∞Aces∞ your wright bud i have ublock origin and no mallware,enjoy your weekend buddy. smiley smiley smiley

admin
Report comment
(3y)

When posting topics like that you need to provide proofs.

+1

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(3y)
(edited)

@Dr.Evil Anyone who tries to enter dosmovies can have Malware Bytes active on and see that they block this site for a Trojan. I just turned it off to enter. Just look straight up at @AlienZ's post above for proof. However in the future I will keep this in mind and put up a screenshot if the site allows.

guru
Report comment
(3y)

just today ive been asked twice to do a Captcha , am i human and then those awful click the chimneys ,four different pages of that, whats that all about?
i left google because of this, using a vpn is for our own privacy but its deemed an assault on the private information they need to so badly harvest.

Hide 3 replies...
Report comment
(3y)
(edited)

@NOYB welcome to the internet!

Report comment
(3y)

Report comment
(3y)

@NOYB Try different options on your vpn connection udp/tcp/IP entries. Do you use vpn over vpn? All these settings may affect the login and surfing exchange between your browser and the sites. As sites are not adjusted per user, we may have to consider testing and changing our settings

This topic has been closed.

Similar forum topics

FEEDBACK

Join 351,278 users who love movies and TV shows!

208,379 reviews • 122,276 films • 18,454 TV series