This site exists on your donations. Donate here
Switch theme
About Contact Log in Register!

351,278 users • 208,752 reviews
122,412 films • 18,479 TV series

"This Site Exists on Your Donations" (686 views, 57 replies)

senior master
Report comment
(9mo)

Look up.

That's the banner

Before the hateful 8 attack, know this: supporting the site in any way helps.

Not supporting it means it will probably cease to exist.

Dr. Evil made that banner.

The last time I alerted members I was rudely and crudely attacked by name calling and sarcasm.

Yet no one supported after that.

Even after Dr. Evil clarified.

If you cannot do Bitcoin, then find someone who will help you do it.

Thanks to everyone who considers this site and most importantly, Dr. Evil, who makes NOTHING off the site and is in a war zone.

+3

senior master
Report comment
(9mo)

Ignore it. It will ultimately be your loss.

Those who were so dismissive and condescending... Time to go.

I will pledge, as I have already to donate every month what I can

Times are super hard for all of us. A little will go a long way to keep the site up, and assist Dr Evil as his entire country is under threat of being wiped off the planet.

In case you don't know, it's called "Genocide" and wr are witnessing it.

+4

master
Report comment
(9mo)

I noticed there's a bitcoin machine at a big grocery store. Voilà, its a start.fs. NOW, could you purdy puhlease baby-step me thru WHAT THE HECK I NEEDTA DO NEXT? How do i assign/donate kiosk style bitcoins to doc? I'm so lost at this process its scary - but I'm excited to LEARN daggummit and HELP fer sher!! xx0x0xx

+2

Hide 2 replies...
Report comment
(9mo)

@(⌐■_■) On a bitcoin kiosk, I think you can only buy bicoin and scan the bitcoin you bought with cash into the bitcoin wallet that you will have in your phone. www.youtube.com/watch?v=9pBfyTzo...

senior guru
Report comment
(9mo)

I was told you can also access Bit Coin payments through "Cash App" as well, and I've tried, but I'm doing something wrong apparently. If anyone has any knowledge how to do it, please tell us.

I know many of us want to donate, but "how" is the problem; the instructions I've interacted with so far, are confusing to me.

Thanks 🌺

+4

Hide 8 replies...
Report comment
(9mo)

@StarKissed TRUE THAT.
I feel like a two yr old nowadays. smiley

+1

Report comment
(9mo)

@(⌐■_■) I have tried to donate too, I really want to pay something towards keeping this site, it is bloody confusing, nobody in my circle of friends knows how to use bitcoin, I would pay cash to someone on this site who is trustworthy, but im not doing bitcoin.

+3

Report comment
(9mo)

@StarKissed Theres a mall on the otherside of my town that has a bitcoin machine I'm going to go look at it next weekend & see if I can figure it out. I have no idea how to use it either but if I figure it out I will come back & try to relay a how to guide. I wish we could etransfer or something.

Report comment
(9mo)

@DosOrion its gonna be a learning curve for sure

Report comment
(9mo)

@DosOrion It's only necessary to have a wallet IF you are trading huge amounts of Bitcoin as a trader.

Check out Coinbase. It's on the Internet and has a phone app.

Buy, send. That's all you need.

Report comment
(9mo)

@DontSpeak I'll try that. Is there an account I would be sending to? or would I find dosmovies in the app as a receiver?

Report comment
(9mo)

@DosOrion oops nvm i think i found the "address" i would be sending to.

Report comment
(9mo)

@StarKissed Buy,sell abd send bitcoin on cashapp
www.youtube.com/watch?v=jmie04nF...

master
Report comment
(9mo)

Okay, 2moobs Bitcoin (BTC) account # is: 1PVZkx1WqewRwUwRJm8nshWwohJnvvJZiX
and details of Doc’s BC acct is here:
www.blockchain.com/explorer/addr...

master
Report comment
(9mo)

Page looks like:

master
Report comment
(9mo)

Link to app that transacts securely with bitcoin at home!
Sweet:

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(9mo)

@(⌐■_■) Coinbase has an app for your phone as well.

master
Report comment
(9mo)

Need to understand why some fees nearly wipe out the input $… while other output/fees are so low.
We definitely want to lean into lower fees. But I’m learning!

+1

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(9mo)

@(⌐■_■) The fees can change depending on how much the address is being used.

They can change every day, so it's wise to wait for fees to go down, and that will happen.

senior master
Report comment
(9mo)

I just use Coinbase. It's simple and straight-forward. No need for a wallet. I only buy Bitcoin when I need to use it.

+1

master
Report comment
(9mo)

I really wish there was another way to donate such as email interact

+4

Hide 3 replies...
Report comment
(9mo)
(edited)

@💛Yellow_rose1💛 It's a legimate ask, Rose.

I think the issue is that Ukraine is at War. This form of exchange is legal and will get where it needs to go.

Other forms of currency exchange, will not (for many reasons).

People are afraid of Bitcoin for reasons that are valid, but also invalid.

Such as "Bitcoin is used by drug dealers".

Yes, it is. So is the cash of each and every country. In fact, moreso with the money of the country.

If you want to help, then find someone you trust here, and send them whatever you can afford and they'll do the Bitcoin exchange.

There's a lot of over complicating Bitcoin on this thread.

It's been over complicated by the media hype.

All I had to do was declare who I am and show ID.

I use Coinbase.

I'll help anyone who is sincere in wanting to contribute.

ANY amount will help.
Read more

+1

Report comment
(9mo)

@DontSpeak do I need a cell phone to do the transaction? It seems that is needed

+1

Report comment
(9mo)

@💛Yellow_rose1💛 No. You do not. Coinbase.com.

master
Report comment
(9mo)

Just smacked into same issuo I forgot having last time. Without a reg credit card (only a gov issued debit card) it cannot be used for bitcoin. Refuses registry. Okay, so if I buy BCoin with cash at grocery store - how do ya get it into the coinbase.app? Gov benefit card doesn't allow these cash apps? smiley then too, how is anyone s'posed to know when fees are SO high it wipes out the donation almost entirely? smiley I'm struggling.

+1

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(9mo)

@(⌐■_■) Message me if you're sincere.

master
Report comment
(9mo)

smiley I'm trying to work out an alt means to turn simple paper money into BC - a simple method Moobz users may be more willing to use that DOES NOT INCLUDE: credit card trail, bank acct details, sending cash to strangers and/or political entities.

I'm thinkin' I'll try using a cash gift card - put THAT card# in the cash.app.
Voilà! Purdy sure that'd work. I hope. I'm excited to run to town... smiley
I'll post results here folks.
WISH ME LUCK smiley

+2

master
Report comment
(9mo)

Its not a currency debate, its a 'how to pay another way' debate, just because I do not know how to, or want to, use bitcoin does not make me stupid, I have no need to use bitcoin in my everyday life, I will not be made to feel inadequate or not care about this site, If Doc or JD, who are somewhat more in charge here, could come up with a 'Go fund me' or something similar, I'm all in...

+3

Hide 25 replies...
Report comment
(9mo)
(edited)

@ijaija Hang on luv.. I'm in the same boat with ya on this topic. I haven't entirely given up on finding a way around the bitcoin delema.

Absurdly weird we are feeling inferior and incompetent ALTHOUGH we are trying and willing to support by almost ANY OTHER MEANS than bitcoin.

Like... get a few more alt acts: VENMO, PAYPAL, GO FUND ME so people can get money to the site? Why are Moobz members having to go thru 'stuff' to get funny-money overseas?

Meanwhile, I'm still trying. smiley
I'll be back with a new idea shortly... I hope.

+1

Report comment
(9mo)

@(⌐■_■) There's nothing inferior or incompetent about asking questions, that's how we learn stuff.

+3

Report comment
(9mo)

@SimonM It is, Bitcoin is not one of em smiley I only just found out 2+2=4

+2

Report comment
(9mo)

@ijaija Seems like you're better at maths than me.. smiley

Report comment
(9mo)

@SimonM You are probably younger, it takes time, be patient.

+1

Report comment
(9mo)

@ijaija I'm 56, how much time are we talking about here? smiley

Report comment
(9mo)

@SimonM Eaushyt, yer damn near dead already. You don't needta do math anymore! Besides, that shyt is SCARY when ya look at bank statements. Just run...

+2

Report comment
(9mo)

@(⌐■_■) Thank you smiley

+1

Report comment
(9mo)

@SimonM Bugger, you are going to make me say it ain't you, 2 years love, just 2 years and you start playing with the big boys and girls, ( I think I'm allowed to say that)

+1

Report comment
(9mo)

@ijaija I've only got 10 digits on my hands to work stuff out, it's an ongoing struggle..

Yes you're allowed to say that, I'm not as sensitive as some.. smiley

+2

Report comment
(9mo)

@SimonM I know you aint lol... Anyway, back to digits, you have two thumbs yeah, thats 2.

+2

Report comment
(9mo)

@ijaija I have 2 middle finger as well smiley

Report comment
(9mo)

@SimonM very good, you are on the way to getting your maths degree, im proud of you smiley

+2

Report comment
(9mo)

@ijaija My mum said I'm fick. I'm available for adoption.

Report comment
(9mo)

@SimonM I think you should have been adopted a long time ago, pretty sure 'fick' should be thik,

+1

Report comment
(9mo)

@SimonM Awww, I'm with a buncha fuking baybeez? I'll be 70 in a month (oh jeez when did that happen)
Oooof, butch it up people I"m way ahead of ya...

C'mon Run Forest Runnnnn!

+2

Report comment
(9mo)

@(⌐■_■) I'm not a baby smiley I shave and everything now! smiley

+3

Report comment
(9mo)

@SimonM Baack in the day we did... now ppl get canceled or ghosted for ''being dumb'' and/or, acting like a Boomer. The dumbest fuking generation in history has bloomed.

+2

Report comment
(9mo)

@(⌐■_■) I have given up on bitcoin lol.. I've been using this site for 7/8yrs I think, registered for 5, I want to keep it around and especially with what Doc is going thru, I have other things going on like work and life and stuff to sit there all day trying to work out the tech mind of a prick who thought this sh*t up to confuse us little people who prefer cash in everyday life. I only have cash, and im saying 'take some of it' smiley

+2

Report comment
(9mo)
(edited)

@ijaija It's gonna take me a hot minute to get to the store to work on this cash idea... probably tomorrow. I'll figure this out if it kills me.
BUTT! smiley AHHHL BEE BACK smiley

+1

Report comment
(9mo)

@(⌐■_■) I don't even think my shopping centre has what you talk about, we want to keep our town as it is. Good luck though..

+1

Report comment
(9mo)
(edited)

@ijaija Ask the Service Desk or MGR or Cashier to point you toward the cash gift cards. *They're usually found on a rack along with birthday and food gift cards. (So grandma's can send kids money for b-days without putting cash in the mail.) I don't have any grandbabies to fund - so I'm just now learning this stuff, and taking advice from elders in the neighborhood.

+1

Report comment
(9mo)

@(⌐■_■) I do understand and appreciate what you are saying, but why make things complicated, I give the grandsons cash in their hands and they love it, they think they are rich lol.

+1

Report comment
(9mo)
(edited)

@ijaija smiley We be wanting to throw money and make a wish in a 2moob water fountain... but we gotta go around the block three times to find the dang FOUNTAIN? smiley

The sad part is: even if I figure out a workaround to get cash into bitcoin by 'secondary method' I doubt many others will take all steps necessary to give away their cash. smiley Yeah nah... doc rly must enlist other donation portals if he needs funding. Period.

+1

Report comment
(9mo)

@(⌐■_■) Too true, that is what we are supposed to be talking about. Anyone comes up with a better idea than bitcoin, nudge me..

+2

master
Report comment
(9mo)
(edited)

Since tantrums were had because I didn't get to town immediately (thus called a liar, 'sumbuddy' quit site again, triggered even more fits, ugh). Lets digress: I'll clarify that I do stuff in town after the 1st of the month like most people around here. AND, at this moment its hotter than record-breaking-hell outside... so it's looking like a week before I head to town REGARDLESS.

Pretty sure no one here needs permission, insults or tantrums for finding an alternative means to giving their money away. So, calm down and ratched those sloppy accusations down a bunch while people are still WILLING to figure out a viable workaround.

smiley you know who you are smiley

+2

Hide 3 replies...
Report comment
(9mo)

@(⌐■_■) I think we all know.. smiley

+2

Report comment
(9mo)

@SimonM What's this we stuff you speak of? Have you got a mouse in your pocket?

+1

Report comment
(9mo)

@michael59 Not today smiley

+1

Similar forum topics

FEEDBACK

Join 351,278 users who love movies and TV shows!

208,752 reviews • 122,412 films • 18,479 TV series