This site exists on your donations. Donate here
Switch theme
About Contact Log in Register!

351,278 users • 208,781 reviews
122,426 films • 18,483 TV series

The News Box - The Indictment Against Donald Trump. (478 views, 40 replies)

senior master
Report comment
(10mo)

Read the full document here ...

www.dropbox.com/s/8uws4134trou6k...

+5

senior master
Report comment
(10mo)

Trump faces up to 100 years imprisonment ...

+4

Hide 3 replies...
Report comment
(10mo)

@..box.. 100 years. We can only hope. smiley

+4

Report comment
(10mo)

@⍟LiviaD34D⍟ Hopefully, he will come up with a plan for health insurance after that. smiley

+1

Report comment
(10mo)

@..box.. It's actually up to 537 years now.

+5

Report comment
(10mo)

Well, after reading the indictment itself, it looks like an open and shut case. I am really curious to see what kind of defense his legal counsels will mount. How are they to explain this, let alone dismiss this?

+3

Hide 7 replies...
Report comment
(10mo)

@JudgeDredd I heard the last election left him nearly broke not including his assets of course. This legal defense will probably cost him everything he has. It will be interesting to see how it all plays out.

+2

Report comment
(10mo)

@💛Yellow_rose1💛 I doubt it. The cost of legal defense in such a case could very easily be in the tens of millions. He has hundreds of millions to spare.

+1

Report comment
(10mo)
(edited)

@JudgeDredd I’m here sitting with my red wine and popcorn watching that orange fool get what he deserves. Read the indictment- as usual, trump’s actions way worse than anyone (willing to look at that career criminal’s track record) could’ve imagined…..He has no defence; on the most basic concept of presidential records act trump repeatedly admitted he took em….should send his greedy ass to Guantanamo

+3

Report comment
(10mo)

@DrGaz3lle Actually you would be surprised how often I see that kind of conduct in the echelons of power. Men in positions of authority are acting on practicality and reacting on opportunity. And since time is money, they tend to seize the moment irrespective of any impractical legal considerations, which in their minds only have the effect of denying them the opportunity. In practice, my role as legal counsel is 10% proactive and 90% reactive. I have witnessed situations of such blatant illegality that once I actually asked the CEO I was working for how he made it this far in life without being constantly fired or constantly in jail.

What I find truly unbelievable is that usually when people like that land in hot water with the law, they tend to follow the instructions of their legal counsel to the letter. And these instructions are rather simple. Keep you mouth shut, give no interviews and let us handle the fallout. ...
Read more

+3

Report comment
(10mo)
(edited)

@JudgeDredd Re. Your experiences: DAMN!! ✊🏾

Re. Trump as worst legal client ever: Couldn’t agree more! That’s part of my fascination of him (and his enablers of the GOP, who in repeating trump’s baseless, full-on insane & embarrassingly easily debunked ‘arguments’ just add more cray to the crazy, & against THEIR OWN INTERESTS 🤷🏾‍♀️…Like, wasn’t it the USA that codified ‘Don’t negotiate with terrorists’? Sorry, I digress…).

All I know is that if my black, multi-graduate degreed, academic-ass ever said 1/8 of the stuff he says on the hourly, legal representation would be impossible at best, and court sanctions would be severe AF! 😂 Ultimately, while trump is horrific (!!!)the 2 things that continue to scare the sh*t out of me are (a) all the Ivy League GOP that tow the line & refuse to (rightfully) call out trump’s criminality and f**king abhorrent acts to preserve a modicum of the basic f**king norms that have largely kept a quasi-workable pretence of global democratic civility, and (b) the f**king 7 Million idiots that refuse - even against the most obvious evidence (like, “just find me 11,800 votes”, or “grab em by the pu**y” or….)- to let any of that sway their position.
Read more

+2

Report comment
(10mo)

@DrGaz3lle The funniest/weirdest argument I ever had with a client happened about 15 years ago, when a CEO tried to unilaterally back out of a contract without cause. He was trying to argue with me that his signature on the contract itself does not signify consent and agreement to be bound by the terms. He specifically asked me to find him the legal provision in the law that dictates that signature is the means of consent. I was so amused by this attempt of an argument that while trying to contain my laughter, I only managed to tell him this: "I could look for that provision but if this is how you feel about your own signature, it would be infinitely more entertaining to notify the Management Board that you consider your appointment to the position of CEO as invalid. I will also contact the Bank to inform them that you are refusing payment in accordance to the terms of your loan pertaining to that villa you recently bought and I will also notify the Judge that presided over your divorce, that you reject the terms of your settlement concerning the financial compensation to your wife over the infidelity you were sued against." smiley
Read more

+2

Report comment
(10mo)

@JudgeDredd IF he can manage to keep any lawyers long enough to come up with any sort of planned defense. smiley

senior master
Report comment
(10mo)

Hey, the Judge Cannon pic disappeared.
That was about corruption, not politics. Although the two go together in some jurisdictions.

+1

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(10mo)

@Buttless That was politics. Your post suggested an affiliation with a political party being the cause of corruption.

+2

master
Report comment
(10mo)

What happened to no politics?

+1

Hide 7 replies...
Report comment
(10mo)
(edited)

@⍟LiviaD34D⍟ Olivia, you and many others may be under the impression that this is going to be a battle cry for the person under investigation - but be not blindsided.

These are very serious criminal charges brought against the former resident of the White House, the former presenter of the apprentice and a person found liable for sexual abuse, who is under the impression that he is above the law.

So politics continue in the real world, but not here.

+2

Report comment
(10mo)

@..box.. I think you misunderstood me. Or I misunderstand you. I don't care if he was on some stupid TV show. I certainly don't care if he scammed his way into the white house. He's scum. A total sh*tbag. And I want to see him burn for thinking he's above the law. I will throw a party if he gets a long prison sentence.

+4

Report comment
(10mo)

@⍟LiviaD34D⍟ Hear, hear. I don't think I misunderstood you. But as this is going to be debated, analysed and bounced around every nutjob YouTube video, I just wanted it out there that this story does not fall in the political arena that is rightly banned on the site.

It is criminal activity and should be treated in the same manner as Chelsea Manning, Edward Snowden or the latest embarrassment Jack Teixeira.

And yes, I totally agree with your summary of this person's character.

+3

Report comment
(10mo)

@⍟LiviaD34D⍟ This is criminal justice news. Not politics

+4

Report comment
(10mo)

@JudgeDredd I still feel like, if I posted this, there would have been trouble. lol
There have been times when even mentioning this person's name has gotten me into trouble.
But, I'm always up for reading about the possibility of trump getting burned for his crimes. smiley

+4

Report comment
(10mo)

@⍟LiviaD34D⍟ The difference is quite simple. If you refer to Trump in his private capacity, in the function of a businessman and a natural person, you are in the clear. If however you make reference to Trump in connection with the Republican or the Democratic parties or with any of the policy considerations he stands for or against, then this is politics.

+3

Report comment
(10mo)

@JudgeDredd Can I still call the cattle that worship him trumpletons? because they worship trump. Without it having political context? smiley

senior master
Report comment
(10mo)
(edited)

This may be his trump card ...

I'm sure he could arrange that.

+4

Hide 4 replies...
Report comment
(10mo)

@..box.. This is why the jury is sequestered during the proceedings. They are allowed no external contact in any manner or form that would prejudice their judgement.

+2

Report comment
(10mo)

@..box.. Sadly, based on the largely dominant track record of rich white men getting away with all manner of crime (at tax payer expense), yes, I believe he’ll go full mafia style to get that outcome….he literally has NO defence

+2

Report comment
(10mo)
+3

Report comment
(10mo)

@(⌐■_■) smiley
So good, and so true! I actually find his inability to get a lawyer reassuring and funny AF! smiley

The ‘man’ has such a bad track record on paying lawyers (or anyone!) and shutting his mouth its purely magic that any lawyer with any molecule of self respect and self preservation has agreed to defend him smiley

+2

master
Report comment
(10mo)

This is not political, hilarious yes... butt knot political. smiley

+4

Hide 4 replies...
Report comment
(10mo)

@(⌐■_■) ..will be popular in prison...

+2

Report comment
(10mo)

@Buttless He's all out of NFT hero cards, and he needs to raise money for more lawyers and bail real quick.

Melania might lend him makeup... but not her stashed cash. smiley

+2

Report comment
(10mo)

@(⌐■_■) Melania does not look the faithful type to 'stand by her man' and visit him in prison.

+3

Report comment
(10mo)
(edited)

@Buttless There were several very public occasions where she looked sickened by even being next to him, and a couple of times when she pulled her hand away when he tried to hold it. I think she'll probably go for divorce and get the tf out as soon as he's behind bars. smiley

master
Report comment
(10mo)

+4

master
Report comment
(10mo)

+3

Hide 2 replies...
Report comment
(10mo)
+4

Report comment
(10mo)
+2

master
Report comment
(10mo)

Presidential Cell ID Tag:

+5

master
Report comment
(10mo)

+4

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(10mo)

@(⌐■_■) smiley
…and the winner is… smiley

+1

skilled
Report comment
(10mo)

Similar forum topics

FEEDBACK

Join 351,278 users who love movies and TV shows!

208,781 reviews • 122,426 films • 18,483 TV series