This site exists on your donations. Donate here
Switch theme
About Contact Log in Register!

351,278 users • 208,254 reviews
122,251 films • 18,445 TV series

The News Box - Anti-Transgender Backlash in New Zealand. (781 views, 68 replies)

senior master
Report comment
(11mo)
(edited)

How the arrival and departure of Posie Parker went down ...

Sources: www.theguardian.com and nzherald.co.nz

+7

Report comment
(11mo)

smiley smiley smiley Love it when the arbiters of hate get served the same dish they prepare for others smiley smiley smiley

+11

senior guru
Report comment
(11mo)
(edited)

Love is in the air! smiley smiley smiley

+7

Hide 2 replies...
Report comment
(11mo)

@CitizenD ohhh god, the sh*t head and the brainworm-girl, what a horror show
smiley smiley smiley

+7

Report comment
(11mo)

@CitizenD Why he never closes his mouth when his listening to other people talk? I tried watching his show a couple years ago...giving every random news show a try. But i could only watch 20 minutes smiley it was bad lol

+5

senior master
Report comment
(11mo)
(edited)

Wow, the hateful get fuglier and fuglier every day. Posie Parker, not to be confused with Parker Posey the actress. lol

Thanks Box.

+4

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(11mo)

@DontSpeak That is funny. I did confuse the two and I came here to see if she had lost her mind.

+2

top expert
Report comment
(11mo)

Rock the boat, expect to be capsized...... play with the bull, you get the horns..... play stupid games, get stupid prizes. Live in fantasy land, expect a rude wake up call.

+3

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(11mo)
+3

senior master
Report comment
(11mo)

Yes its been big news here.
Maybe the reports of her opinions upset the trans, but she has a right to those opinions. It was disgraceful that she got shouted down and chased out, very un-Kiwi.

+11

Hide 2 replies...
Report comment
(11mo)

@Buttless Agree its shameful when words turn into violence, no matter who does what...smiley

+3

Report comment
(11mo)

@Buttless Yeah she had the right to talk. And they had the right to boo.

+4

senior guru
Report comment
(11mo)

+7

Hide 19 replies...
Report comment
(11mo)

@SimonM That's the way the world is going, Simon. Get with the program!

+2

Report comment
(11mo)

@Buttless That's me showing support for this programming.

+3

Report comment
(11mo)

@SimonM So glad you understand.
Did you know that some reactionary cisgender white male boomers lack sympathy??

+3

Report comment
(11mo)
(edited)

@Buttless That's awful to hear!

I think it must be all true because it was mostly men that win Woman of the Year award again and many other awards for female bravery etc, in "Womens Month"..

+4

Report comment
(11mo)

@SimonM Boy, Howdy; She got Balls...

+3

Report comment
(11mo)

@SimonM I Would let her play if she has a mental health record showing She's ready trans

+1

Report comment
(11mo)

@Raising-freedom Good for you.

+1

Report comment
(11mo)

@SimonM Yep i'm a hero alright lol

+1

Report comment
(11mo)

@SimonM Hey ...mmm there's something different about her. Oh it's class, give her a library book. All jokes aside.Most rans are pretty. Famboy/lady boy stuff. I'm fine with it.Learning about equal right & trans rights are important

+3

Report comment
(11mo)
+4

Report comment
(11mo)

@SimonM LOL. He actually gets the difference between sex and gender. The funniest thing is that most members in here dont smiley

+2

Report comment
(11mo)

@JudgeDredd So does Meagan smiley smiley

+1

Report comment
(11mo)

@SimonM Yes she does smiley What she doesnt get is that kind of muscle aint gonna give her an advantage over the other girls. If she is running against the wind, thats gonna slow her down smiley

+1

Report comment
(11mo)

@JudgeDredd A mere warm up before the Shot put, Hammer throw and Javelin events.. smiley

+1

Report comment
(11mo)
+2

Report comment
(11mo)

@❄Suisen❄ Yep, the only good thing about people that use pronouns, Comedy! They/thems' etc, should appreciate being laughed at by normal people. Normal people laugh at lots of different things, so laughing at thems' too, is inclusivity. smiley

+2

Report comment
(11mo)
+1

Report comment
(11mo)

@Raising-freedom oh you only seen the pretty ones?

+1

Report comment
(11mo)

@❄Suisen❄ No i saw non pretty people too. Some people are just cutier then others. But it depends on the person. What i think is cute...you may see it as ugly. Like when a woman say a dude is cute lol. I'm thinking wtf are they talking about? smiley

senior guru
Report comment
(11mo)

+3

Hide 5 replies...
Report comment
(11mo)

@CitizenD Hey Don,

Old age means it takes me "ages" to work out the meaning of many things nowadays.

For example, the meme above (I even enlarged it to find out what it says)

Italians aren't mean, they're just honest.

I need help here hon.

+5

Report comment
(11mo)
(edited)

@..box.. And you will get it:)

As you can easily see, a person throws the avatar image of the user bunhon5383 (Who has posted in this thread.) in the trash.

I express with it: This can be disposed of. I can not say it more politely.

Mrs bunhon is, despite being female, the most repellent person I have ever met on anysubj. She can call neither intelligence nor decency her own - her sordid character is unparalleled. Among the flowers of this world, she is a foul-smelling poisonous plant.

Glad I could help.

+3

Report comment
(11mo)
(edited)

@CitizenD In the immortal words of Lieutenant Daniel Kaffee (aka Tommy Cruise ) in A Few Good Men ...

I didn't connect the dots to Bunhon as I don't have much time for those members and their comments. But thanks for the explanation and its history.

+4

Report comment
(11mo)

@CitizenD Very nice of You to explain to us old farts the meaning of life.
I was lost too over that impression.
But I must say that You have a very collected manner of telling us about Your encounter.
Thanks, Mate

+1

Report comment
(11mo)

@Steinkopff Erich? Is that you?

+2

senior guru
Report comment
(11mo)

I'm not shocked she was boo. Most people see what she's going as hate. Freedom of speech goes both ways.They boo & she left. She should have talk anyway. But she didn't. But i stand with the people booing her.

+3

Hide 10 replies...
Report comment
(11mo)

@Raising-freedom Sorry my friend but you got this all wrong. Freedom of Speech applies only between the relationship of the State and its citizens. Not between citizens. And the Freedom of Speech in any case is subject to the laws on hateful conduct, defamation, confidentiality, dignity, national security etc etc. By no means an unlimited freedom. And from the moment her entire repertoire is to advocate against legally protected personal attributes, that constitutes Hate Speech.

+3

Report comment
(11mo)

@JudgeDredd Freedom is freedom. My personal believe is she can say whatever she wants. It's not a bloody. If feels something is evil; then it's her right to say. She's not calling for someone's death, mental harm, or body harm. Regardless of the topic....everyone has a right to say what they please. If someone hate or dislike me because of race or because i'm bi;Then oh well.I would just say something back. I believe it's their right to say. If their language goes against their job code. Then they're gone. Because they sign a contract. They made their choice & they had the right to say it. And i will support it. Freedom of speech, freedom of religions, & freedom to protect yourself are the core values i believe in.

+2

Report comment
(11mo)

@Raising-freedom If her speech incites violence or worse, hate crimes, then her right to freedom of expression becomes extinguished. That will not change her beliefs, just the permission to express them without repercussions from the law. BTW, there is no such thing as unlimited freedom on any constitutional right. The freedom is only guaranteed for as long as it doesnt encroach on other freedoms.

+2

Report comment
(11mo)

@JudgeDredd I see it differently mate. It's not on her if some crazy person attacks someone. People a long time ago said the same thing about video games, rap, & rock.I will support her freedom of speech.

+2

Report comment
(11mo)

@Raising-freedom Well, that defense surely didnt work in the Charles Manson trial. He was convicted as if being the actual perpetrator of the murders. This is what the crime of incitement to violence is all about.

+1

Report comment
(11mo)

@JudgeDredd The Charles's clan wanted to start a bloody race war by killing rich white people & blaming it on blacks. The other person is just some bigot who hate trans. As long as she isn't calling for bodily harm on people. She can yell about it all she want. She's not hoing to change my support of trans right. It's better to know who hate you then not.

+1

Report comment
(11mo)

@JudgeDredd In NZ there is no hate speech law. The labour government talked about it but no-one could agree on a definition so the idea died
Free speech is important and what happened at the Posie Parker meeting is so un-Kiwi.
Anyone should be allowed to express an opinion without militant minorities preventing it, and indeed has a right to do so.
I have never heard her speak so only heard it second-hand (like most people) so will quote Voltaire:

+2

Report comment
(11mo)
(edited)

@Buttless I am afraid I will have to disagree. Respectfully of course. The absence of hate speech legislation doesnt invalidate the numerous other legislations applicable to the case in question. The NZ Human Rights Act 1993, ss 21(1)(a), s 21(1)(m) makes it illegal to discriminate against someone because of their sex or their sexual orientation. And the Crown Law Opinion (2 Aug 2006) expanded on that definition to include trans people being protected against discrimination. So, what she is peddling, isnt exactly legal. And if we are to have a humorous approach to the subject, the crowd was right to prevent her from giving her speech because otherwise one could argue that they would be complicit in the commission of a crime. smiley

+1

Report comment
(11mo)

@JudgeDredd You are entitled to disagree, respectfully of course, and I will defend your right to be wrong smiley .
The Bill of Rights and several other Acts make discrimination in jobs, housing, services etc illegal but the proposed hate speech law fell over when people saw what happened in UK with people convicted for using wrong pronouns and similar misapplications.
I understand that Ms Parker was standing up for real womens' rights (and we are allowed to say real women here) in sports and places where trans had unfair advantages. And she is entitled to say that. smiley

+4

Report comment
(11mo)

senior guru
Report comment
(11mo)

+3

Hide 2 replies...
Report comment
(11mo)

@SimonM Anne Andres, yeah, "why are women soo weak" smiley

+2

Report comment
(11mo)
+3

master
Report comment
(11mo)

i remember the Wi spa incident in Koreatown, where a transwoman with d**k, balls n beard
strutted her stuff in a safe space for nude women and small girls

also many transwomen have been threatened and abused by men, why would they want hers
with d**ks in a safe space?

oh btw im transphobic cos when asked if i would date a transman with a vagina i said
-no thats not my sexual preference

+3

senior master
Report comment
(11mo)

+4

Hide 2 replies...
Report comment
(11mo)

@Bread&Circuses Poor kid.

+3

Report comment
(11mo)

@Bread&Circuses I know i would loved mine

senior guru
Hide 2 replies...
Report comment
(11mo)

@SimonM Unfortunately (or fortunately smiley ) I am not a subscriber but this is shocking and outrageous.

I'll need to find out more. Thanks Simon.

+1

Report comment
(11mo)
+1

senior master
Report comment
(11mo)

The doco 'What is a Woman' raises some interesting questions about the whole subject.
dosmovies.com/film/What_Is_a_Wom...

+2

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(11mo)

@Buttless Some very interesting questions that don't get straight answers.

Well worth a view to see another side of the issue.

For a look at the issue in children/adolescense, I thought Transhood was an excellent documentary.

dosmovies.com/film/Transhood

+1

master
Report comment
(11mo)

smiley smiley smiley smiley

Hide 2 replies...
Report comment
(11mo)

@❄Suisen❄ not sure why it didnt load, guess DOS doesnt like it either
www.youtube.com/watch?v=2SdB95J9...

Report comment
(11mo)

@❄Suisen❄ Well I suppose the parents had a say in the matter and were not obliged to attend.

There was talent in the show.

There were no "clowns" to give the children nightmares.

There were no crimes committed. Well not that I could see but most of it was pixelised.

And yet the comments below the video were a bit outrageous.

Thanks for the fun though.

+1

senior guru
Report comment
(11mo)

+2

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(11mo)

@SimonM "If we follow this trajectory we will all be gay by 2054"

That was too funny smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley

+2

senior master
Report comment
(11mo)

Here is some fundamental relationship analysis for guys. Ladies skip to 6:00.

+1

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(11mo)

@Buttless I suppose not all races and nationalities comply to his theory.

senior master
Report comment
(11mo)

+4

Similar forum topics

FEEDBACK

Join 351,278 users who love movies and TV shows!

208,254 reviews • 122,251 films • 18,445 TV series