This site exists on your donations. Donate here
Switch theme
About Contact Log in Register!

351,278 users • 208,381 reviews
122,276 films • 18,454 TV series

Inside the Manson Cult: The Lost Tapes (1050 views, 10 replies)

This topic has been closed.

senior master
Report comment
(5y)

Fox’s upcoming docu special on Charles Manson, “Inside the Manson Cult: The Lost Tapes,” will depict how a peace-loving commune turned into a group of cold-blooded killers, and Variety has obtained an exclusive first look at the project.

The two-hour true crime special was created from more than 100 hours of footage and will go inside Spahn’s Ranch, where Charles Manson and his followers lived. It features new and archival interviews with former cult members, including Catherine “Gypsy” Share, Lynette “Squeaky” Fromme” and Dianne “Snake” Lake, to showcase the “family” aspect of his cult.

“Every girl ought to have a daddy like Charles — someone that treasures them as a woman, someone that lets them do things for him,” Fromme says.

But the special also explores how that trust that Manson instilled from his followers turned violent. It includes interviews with those involved in the case against Manson, including prosecutor Stephen Kay and FBI criminal profiler John Douglas. Most notably, though, it will also include an exclusive interview with Bobby Beausoleil, who is currently serving a life sentence for a murder he committed with the Manson family.
Read more

Hide 6 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

@3UN01A They were never a 'peace loving commune'. Charlie picked up runaways, strippers and petty criminals, drugged them, starved them and brainwashed them to kill. The kids were pretty much forgotten by the time he got to them.

Report comment
(5y)

@BrunoAxemaker The above is copied and pasted directly from Fox website, my bad. I should have added the link as they are not my words. But yes, like all cults, they began as a "peace loving commune" and ended as the opposite. I look forward to this special even though I have read and watched enough about Manson LOL I still am open to new things

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@3UN01A I know, I wasn't questioning you but the way the doc was advertised. Lately there's been a trend of excusing criminals in light of someone above forcing them (see I, Tonya).

Unfortunately, there's no winners in the Manson story and a lot of victims.

+2

Report comment
(5y)

@BrunoAxemaker I understand. ;) What are some of your favourite true crimes?

Report comment
(5y)

@3UN01A I was really keeping up with the West Memphis 3 case. I lived across the river in TN when the crime happened and remember how everyone blamed those three kids that were clearly innocent. I'm glad they're free now.

If you haven't seen it I'd check out Paradise Lost.
dosmovies.com/watch_movie/Paradise_Lost_....

Report comment
(5y)

@3UN01A If you haven't read Helter Skelter it's a fascinating book, not just for the true crime element but the entire investigative and trial procedure.

Vincent Bugliosi, the author, was probably the only man that could have figured it out and successfully prosecuted Manson.

Granted, the guy would have gone away somehow, but he was the only person that could get the entire story that sent him away for life. Remember, Charlie wasn't at the scene of the notorious crimes, he sent his family members to kill for him.

Sadly, those kids didn't have much of a chance. He'd starved, abused, raped and drugged them so much they were certifiably insane. It was Bugliosi that was able to see through them and go down the rabbit hole to find the truth.

senior master
Report comment
(5y)

I am a true-crime junkie and always open to recommendations of ones I may not have seen.

What are your top favourite true crimes of 2018?

Hide 2 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

@3UN01A I'll be right behind you in the true-crime category line!

Report comment
(5y)

@LesStrater I need to put a true-crime playlist together. Hope they have all the good ones on here...

senior master
Report comment
(5y)

This documentary has been out online everywhere for days and yet still is not on here. I have watched it already but hope that it gets added soon so others who wish too, can view it as well.

This topic has been closed.

Similar forum topics

FEEDBACK

Join 351,278 users who love movies and TV shows!

208,381 reviews • 122,276 films • 18,454 TV series