This site exists on your donations. Donate here
Switch theme
About Contact Log in Register!

351,278 users • 208,911 reviews
122,486 films • 18,490 TV series

Registrations are Closed until further notice (123 views, 0 replies)

Report comment
(5mo)

I am sure that all of you have noticed that registrations have been closed to the site for some time now. The reason for this is none other than some members registering dozens of accounts in order to harass others and try to destroy the site. Members such as Pmud and Grooty had registered more than 50 accounts each, often registering a new alt account every 2 minutes.

The only solution to this is a new registration system based on a referral code that will be provided to each active member. The idea is that new members would have to be referred by an already existing member, which means that if the new member turns out to be any of the aforementioned members, or displays similar traits to the ones that Pmud and Grooty have exhibited in here countless of times, the new member and the member who referred him/her will be permanently banned.

I dont have further details for you. All I can tell you is that this requires some coding and the Doc doesnt seem to have the time to do it, on account of the war in Ukraine and all.
Read more

+6

Similar forum topics

FEEDBACK

Join 351,278 users who love movies and TV shows!

208,911 reviews • 122,486 films • 18,490 TV series