This site exists on your donations. Donate here
Switch theme
About Contact Log in Register!

351,278 users • 208,647 reviews
122,377 films • 18,475 TV series

Please help us by reporting bad reviews (1081 views, 41 replies)

This topic has been closed.

admin
Report comment
(3y)
(edited)

Since we introduced the minimum amount of points to see links, people (not a surprise) started spamming stupid reviews for movies they even haven't watched.

Please help us by reporting such reviews.

Thank you!

+7

master
Report comment
(3y)

I hit several from BarbW that I thought were pasted messes. But it wasn't my zoo and I moved on... best wishes sorting thru newbie's piddling in 2moob's cheerios to be instant pointheros... while OG moneymakers go unnoticed. Ummm, srs algorithm issue in your new stat's widget. rofl smiley

+2

Hide 3 replies...
Report comment
(3y)

@(⌐■_■) ive read them to and was like wtf she cant spell and i cant understand whats some of them say lol

+1

Report comment
(3y)

@Dubbz187em sorry its wasnt barb w i seen i was this person
MarieCateyes her reveiws are so dumb and so many mispelled misused words that i wouldnt consider a real review i seen it when i first joined the site and laughed

+1

Report comment
(3y)

@Dubbz187em Mariecateyes is from another country muddling through our language she is young . Cut a break will ya. There was no need to single people out or use names.

+1

senior guru
Report comment
(3y)
(edited)

I understand that swearing is unnecessary, but to actually ban it altogether is a bit much, not even extremely censored Facebook has banned it. You wouldn't even accept the word crap. Since when was crap a swearword. I mean what is this place Sunday school for children. I appreciate two movies and a huge fan but this is a joke.

Your review can't be accepted. Please kindly read our rules. We don't allow talking/posting/discussing links and everything related to movie language, subs, links and film sources, quality of the video etc. Don't put http links into your review. Using swear words is also prohibited. This is a review section, please post only useful reviews. If you want to ask for new links - please use our forum.

Please edit your review and remove forbidden words. Thank you

+3

Hide 3 replies...
Report comment
(3y)

@⋆☆Danielle☆⋆ I got caught on crap as well, I had to reread it 3 times before I figured out that was the word holding it up 💋

+1

Report comment
(3y)

@⋆☆Danielle☆⋆ Banned words are:

bannedWords = [" link", "links", " cam ", "download", " copy ", "upload", "subtitle", "http",
"d**k", "suck", "sh*t", "piss", "a***ole", "bastard", "b**ch", "c**t", "wank", "nigger", "crap", "slut", "douche", " fag ", " cum "];

+1

Report comment
(3y)

@Dr.Evil I love this site and I have come to it for years. I never knew the value of the point system. It doesn’t say in big bold letters anywhere that “You need a certain amount of points to access the full site”. I discovered this by accident when I saw a pathetic storyline for a very good movie I had not seen in years, so I made a better storyline. I’ll admit, over the past month and a half I have wandered all over this site, as I have for years, and I found issues I didn’t mind correcting. It isn’t because I’m a ‘point addict’, like most of you seem to think, it’s because I see issues and I correct them, or I simply leave honest reviews. I may be long winded but I’m honest.

It’s the same reason I have added 20 new(old) movies to this site, links to 50+ movies and storylines to movies, TV shows/animations that I have seen and noticed they are missing the storyline. I don’t plagiarize or copy/paste. I’m just trying to help.
Read more

+2

senior master
Report comment
(3y)

I sometimes see the 'review can't be accepted' error when entering a review and its difficult to know what the banned words are.
By a process of elimination, I found that link and copy will get it blocked, can't see much sense in that.

+2

Hide 4 replies...
Report comment
(3y)

@Buttless Posted above you)

Report comment
(3y)

@Dr.Evil Ah so.
I discovered link and copy, don't use most of the others.

@Dr.Evil Lol smiley ok good to know Dr but whore, pu**y, twat, cock, ass, arsehole, prick, and my all time favourite swearword f**k is acceptable! smiley

But yes I'm sure you have to draw the line somewhere, even if it's a little crooked. smiley

Report comment
(3y)

@Dr.Evil I am having trouble with your censoring bot, I just did a review but could not write Angie Dickinson because it contains the dirty word DICK.
Angie D*ckinson just looks silly!

guru
Report comment
(3y)

One thing i dont understand is when we click a show we wanna watch or movie and we get to see the links if you have the 100 points you pick from the list of links and then you can rate if its a good or baad link which i always do for others to make it clear which are the good ones and the bad ones after doing this a few time it always tells me too many rates which dont make sense i think i deserve the points from it if im honestly reporting bad and good links anyways thanks for the access to this awesome site i really enjoy i can keep track of every tv series and movies ive ever watched and can keep adding to it hope this keeps going cause i havent seen another site like this that keeps track of everything. Thanks DOC

Hide 2 replies...
Report comment
(3y)

@Dubbz187em Management adores using any widgit that creates stats (of any kind)... but POINTS are his all time favorite. Good luck cashing 'em in.

Report comment
(3y)

@(⌐■_■) I do it for fellow users i dont care about the stats and when i realized the point system i never even thought of cashing in points if i did id do reviews and whatever else i just know how many people rely on watching videos so whatever i can do for use of this site is no prob to me it takes one sec longer clicking good link before exit window just saying but i do get what your saying

+1

God
Report comment
(3y)

Haters always going to hate. Will watch out for those and report. Why can't everybody just love movies and love reviewing movies. I don't know about everybody else but my time is precious why waste a second don't stupid crap like that?
As aways doc you ROCK and thank you for all you do!
Teeny💋💋💋💋💋

+3

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(3y)
(edited)

@Teeny💋 +10 Teeny!! smiley Do we have haters setting up shop here again? Man I hope not... just the bleedover from anywhoo is plenty!

master
Report comment
(3y)

Doc... it'd help if comments and reviews were publically viewable on every profile - then the community could truly help monitor and alert.

Hide 3 replies...
Report comment
(3y)

Report comment
(3y)
(edited)

@Dr.Evil Nope all reviews and commentary need to be visible to everyone, with archivable histories. Top two two data fields on profile lineup. Many troubles would be easily trackable (or subside) and reviews {n storylines may be reenergized. How ‘‘bout a rightcolumn sidebox that aggregates rolling [new] reviews? Spark curiosity and communication which will generate sustainable activity.

+1

Report comment
(3y)

@(⌐■_■) I will think about it

+1

admin
Report comment
(3y)

Now you will see blocked words you're submitting, hope this will help you.

+1

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(3y)

@Dr.Evil We can cuss like normal civil adults now?
Way Kewl.. smiley

senior master
Report comment
(3y)

Ref. bum reviews.... look at The Dreamers.
If someone copy-pastes a review, it would be sensible not to take it from a moderator!

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(3y)

@Buttless Please report such reviews, I asked million times.

guru
Report comment
(3y)

Is it just me or has anyone else noticed that somone, or ones, give a 1 star review to basically every older classic movie, cartoon, or documentary that gets posted here, usually the first review the day it comes out? Someone has been nice enough to post a lot of old stuff lately, recently the entire page was classics and everyone had a minimum rating.

Hide 6 replies...
Report comment
(3y)

@Wander PM me some examples, links to movies

Report comment
(3y)

@Dr.Evil OK, today is 7/20, on page 28 of the movies are the films Parade of the Wooden Soldiers, The Chow Hound, The Cummington Story, The Town, Japanese Relocation, Hymn of the Nations, The Battle of Midway, The True Glory. Someone just gives a 1 star rating to anything from the 40's and earlier. Granted there have always been bad movies but this seems like someone has a grudge against anything old. This got my attention because the Betty Boop cartoon was the first movie on the homepage the day I clicked it and I noticed everything already had a 1 star rating. Its not the first time I have noticed this. Admittedly The Japanese Relocation is hard to watch but The True Glory has some amazing footage from WWII, well above a 1 star.

+2

Report comment
(3y)

@Wander My advice will be to rate those movies by giving them appropriate rating. More ratings = better average rating. I will check who's doing that.

+2

Report comment
(3y)

@Wander dosmovies.com/user/eraserhead11 - this is the profile of our hero, I suspended his account for 1 week. He used to complain why we add old movies, and now he decided to spam with low ratings.

+4

Report comment
(3y)

@Dr.Evil That is really fast action. Glad to see how on top of things you are Dr.Evil.

+1

Report comment
(3y)

@Wander Some of us like old movies, what they did with bulky old cameras and stunt-men before the days of digital and CGI is amazing.
The Battle of Midway is a classic.

+3

senior master
Report comment
(3y)

WTF is Chills on?
He copied my review for 'Greyhound' and reposted it.
Then shortened it and posted again in 'Dead Voices' and 'Winning of Barbara Worth', which was made 30 years before Tom Hanks was born!

Imitation may be the sincerest form of flattery but this is ridiculous.

+1

Hide 4 replies...
Report comment
(3y)

@Buttless And in 'Under the skin' he copied BBBuxxx's.

Report comment
(3y)

@Buttless I banned that user

Report comment
(3y)

@Buttless report such reviews PLEASE

Report comment
(3y)

@Dr.Evil I did report 3 of them, did it go through?

admin
Report comment
(3y)

Please use report comment feature

Hide 2 replies...
Report comment
(3y)

@Dr.Evil I think the 2M policy of requiring points from newbies encourages such behavior. Unfortunately it mixes BS with genuine input.

Report comment
(3y)

@Buttless such users will be banned

This topic has been closed.

Similar forum topics

FEEDBACK

Join 351,278 users who love movies and TV shows!

208,647 reviews • 122,377 films • 18,475 TV series