This site exists on your donations. Donate here
Switch theme
About Contact Log in Register!

351,278 users • 208,382 reviews
122,276 films • 18,454 TV series

Movie review Comments (695 views, 5 replies)

This topic has been closed.

senior guru
Report comment
(5y)

I just have to vent a little. MODERATORS I Hope that is okay to do here, if not just delete this.. The reason for movie comments, is so others can see your comments about a movie they watched,which is all well and great.
Now I went to add a comment about a movie, and noticed 2 people were totally "off topic" one stating how fat people were disgusting etc..... NO need for the post IMO,than 1 other had her say (nothing about the movie) either, but about how skinny she was,another needless post. Yes sure, I know, I can ignore them and keep scrolling, but people like that totally piss me off,especially when they think they are "better than others". I am a nurse, have been for 18 years, there are too many meds for me to name here, that cause people to gain weight, and some have medical conditions as well. Before you speak out , make sure you have the knowledge to know what you are talking about......your posts made you look like "self absorbed idiots"...

+3

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(5y)

@Rescue Dog Mama I saw that as well. It wasn't about the film at all. I can see getting a wee bit off topic with something related to the film, but it was just opinions about size and weight and that one was far superior to the other. Sad stuff, truly. I think if you use the "!" (which says spam but Dr Evil once told me it can be used to report comments) or PM a mod then if it's deemed completely off topic, it will be removed. Thanks for posting about this.

senior master
Report comment
(5y)

I have tried to address something like this before but much worse and apparently it free speech or something... here is my post: <br> <br> Why are Racists Comments Tolerated on here? <br> <br> dosmovies.com/forum/thread/Why-Are-RACIS.... <br> <br> My question was "Maybe someone can point me to something I am missing where it says otherwise but I am very curious as to why racists, hateful remarks are being allowed and tolerated under Movies/Tv shows in the comment section? Even after several people reporting it. I believe we are all entitled to our beliefs as I respect that but I don't think any of it belongs in a movie/TV show review/comment. Anyone have the answers? <br> <br> Thanks" <br> <br> it got nowhere real quick. <br> <br> "Okay closing this thread. Too much trolling... "

admin
Report comment
(5y)

There's a spam report (!) button, use it.

+3

senior guru
Report comment
(5y)

<br> These kind of sites are full of people from all walks of life - Young/old, respectful/ignorant, sane/mental, useful/useless, and unfortunately, some are deluded racist homophobic asshats. One of the only things people have in common is their love of movies/shows and that certainly doesn't stop them typing nonsense or pissing people off. <br> <br> If the Mods deleted every stupid unrelated comment or forum post they wouldn't have time for sleep. <br> <br> IMO the best thing to do is either ignore it or just down vote their comment to indicate that they're an idiot. Conversing or acknowledging their stupidity only brings the rest of the crazies out to play. <br> <br> I'll also add that there is nothing stopping you educating people by replying to their comments directly if it's a subject you're knowledgeable in. <br> <br> The joys of the internet huh? lol

+3

senior guru
Report comment
(5y)

My point was, it shouldn't be in the movie comment section at all, it is for Movie Comments.. just the ignorance of the comment made me crazy,lol..............

This topic has been closed.

Similar forum topics

FEEDBACK

Join 351,278 users who love movies and TV shows!

208,382 reviews • 122,276 films • 18,454 TV series