This site exists on your donations. Donate here
Switch theme
About Contact Log in Register!

351,278 users • 208,735 reviews
122,398 films • 18,478 TV series

ALL MEMBERS - Reviews for Movies & Series Update. (1239 views, 31 replies)

This topic has been closed.

God
Report comment
(4y)
(edited)

IMPORTANT UPDATE
**All Members Please Read**

1. When posting reviews or replies to review comments, do not make personal attacks, inflammatory, derogatory remarks about other members, ever.

Such comments are against TOS.

They will be removed, and members will be warned and then suspended for these TOS violations.

2. Please refer/read to site TOS.

3. Please refer/read RULES for posting Reviews that are listed on every Film or Series.

4. **DO NOT post links to other series, films, or external source in your Review as these links become obsolete and are ultimately useless.**

5. Do not over use smilies I'm Reviews; e.g., " smiley BAD in every way smiley smiley ,how did it get on here smiley. "

6. Reviews that are only a few words will be deleted; e.g., "It's an ok movie", etc.

7. Please read this Faq for posting Reviews: dosmovies.com/faq/movie_reviews....

8. Example of a basic, simple Review that anyone can write:
"This is the best movie in The Terminator franchise. It is an interesting sci-fi with a dark tone that amplifies the story. I prefer Arnold Schwarzenegger as the Terminator/villian in this movie.[SPOILER] ...
Read more

+10

God
Report comment
(4y)

BUMP smiley

+1

God
Report comment
(4y)

Bump. smiley

+1

God
Report comment
(4y)

Bumpity bump smiley

+2

admin
Report comment
(4y)

Maybe a small article how to write a perfect review? Please welcome.

+2

Hide 3 replies...
Report comment
(4y)

@Dr.Evil That's not a bad idea.

Report comment
(4y)

@∞Aces∞ Thank you.

That's the same as number 5. (above in the original post).

smiley

guru
Report comment
(4y)

Who?
What?
Where?
When?
Why?
and if any of them contain a spoiler, use the tag.
Also, I don't mind some personal insight, ie.. I read the book when...
I saw this at my first drive in......I'm an avid fan...
As for replies, Why?
If someone has a different opinion of a movie, that's what the review box is for. You don't have to harangue someone over their tastes. And if you agree, a simple thumbs up is affirmation enough.

+2

Hide 8 replies...
Report comment
(4y)

@sidewayswalking replies might be used to alert the reviewer (and anyone who reads it later) regarding a factual error that could be misleading about the director, cast, etc.

+2

Report comment
(4y)

@uunboundd A seperate review could also correct such errors. Usually if someone reads the reviews, they will read more than one, Also, this could inspire those who wish to just pick nits, to write a full scale review as well.

Report comment
(4y)

@sidewayswalking write a review about another review? smiley ain't nobody got time for that!
don't be so sensitive, you can take it.

Report comment
(4y)

@uunboundd So better to cry about someone else's review? That's how dipsh1ts get their feelings hurt.

Moderator notice from (4y)

Report comment
(4y)

@sidewayswalking for the record: i did not complain about the dipsh1ts comment, and furthermore, i never took it personally at all.
smiley thank you

+1

Report comment
(4y)

@sidewayswalking Helpful replies create more interest in the film or series and also provide the reader with more information.

Unhelpful replies will be removed and points decreased.

The same goes for Reviews.

+2

Report comment
(4y)

@ I reported a comment the other day that used a derogatory term for a black person. The comment also has like 20 something replies with users arguing back and forth. I reported it for the derogatory term and noted the replies should prob be deleted too IMO. The fix was simply replacing the offensive term with stars and leaving all the replies.

Leaving these encourages other users to reply even further. These have been up for months and a user added a few replies a couple days ago. It also encourages users to keep doing this in other movie review sections.

So why should I bother to report this kind of stuff? I know the final decision is in the mods and admins hands but this was a clear case of what you all are saying you don't want done yet it wasn't removed when reported. I can give you the link for the comment if you wanted to look at it. Thank you.

+2

Report comment
(4y)
(edited)

@rickgrimesrocks I completely agree with you.

Please send me the link in a private message.

Those parent and child comments that argue back and forth and use derogatory terms are most certainly against the rules for writing Reviews and site TOS and should be deleted.

Thank you.

+3

admin
Report comment
(4y)
(edited)

Also please report trash reviews like 2-3 words. Only wasting our and user's time.

+3

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(4y)

@Dr.Evil i agree with

God
Report comment
(4y)
(edited)

Spoilers do my head in, so when i want to read comments i sometimes look for certain members post who i know will not spoil the film/Tv-show for me.

master
Report comment
(4y)

In regards to number 4, does that include TwoMovies links? For example would it be ok if I say "If you liked this film/series, you may want to check out (insert twomovies link)"

Is that ok or is that what you are telling us not to do?

+3

Hide 2 replies...
Report comment
(4y)

@rickgrimesrocks YES; do not use any urls. Two-Movies links change and become invalid.

Please ONLY refer to the film or series by name.

+4

Report comment
(4y)

@ Got it. Thank you for clarifying smiley

+3

senior guru
Report comment
(4y)

I have to admit, anything more than a short paragraph or 2, I don't usually bother reading it. Personally, I'd rather a few short n' sweet reviews than full comprehensive ones from wanna-be writers and critics.

The only thing I'm really interested in, is whether it's worth watching or not. Isn't that why we review what we watch - to give others a heads-up?

+2

Hide 6 replies...
Report comment
(4y)

@DemandingFemale Yes but not 3 words and 5 smileys.

Report comment
(4y)

@Dr.Evil Smileys in the reviews should be banned!

[SPOILER]

Report comment
(4y)

@DemandingFemale I like the little angry red guy. I think it'd be cool if he exploded.

Report comment
(4y)

@rickgrimesrocks they all say that the first time.

+1

Report comment
(4y)
(edited)

@DemandingFemale i would add lol and exclamation points to that as well.

[SPOILER]

+2

Report comment
(4y)
(edited)

@uunboundd I'm terrible for using lol's in my posts. Although, when I'm typing it it's more of a chuckle.
One exclamation is fine. It's when you get a row of them that is gets annoying!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edit - Damn you and your spoilers! lol

+2

God
Report comment
(4y)

5, 6 and 8 updated (above).

This topic has been closed.

Similar forum topics

FEEDBACK

Join 351,278 users who love movies and TV shows!

208,735 reviews • 122,398 films • 18,478 TV series