This site exists on your donations. Donate here
Switch theme
About Contact Log in Register!

351,278 users • 208,826 reviews
122,446 films • 18,486 TV series

I-sang-han byeon-ho-sa U-yeong-u (130 views, 4 replies)

guru
Report comment
(8mo)

I-sang-han byeon-ho-sa U-yeong-u - Extraordinary Lawyer Woo is a Korean drama about a young woman on the Autism Disorder Spectrum who becomes a lawyer. She has a high IQ, and an amazing memory. She is ackward in social situations, and she Really likes whales. Her single father owns a noodle shop and she works there sometimes.
The series begins when she has finished school and passed the bar but she is struggling to find a law firm to hire her. I do not have enough personal experience with autism to comment on the accuracy of the way Park Eun-bin portrays the character, but in several of the reviews, I read that many Autism organizations in Korea and elsewhere have praised the accuracy of her portrayal of Lawyer Woo. It is a tele-drama so there is some background family drama and intrigue. It is an interesting look at the Korean legal system too. It is not for everyone, but I do recommend it.

+1

senior master
Report comment
(8mo)
(edited)

"Extraordinary Attorney Woo"

dosmovies.com/tv/Isanghan_byeonh...

m.imdb.com/title/tt20869502/?ref...

www.tvmaze.com/shows/62357/extra...

Wow, great review. It also gets some very genuune and outstanding marks on IMDB for authentic portralyal of autism.

It's extraordinary in length and number of episodes as well; 16 episodes at approximately 80 minutes in length each.

Thank you for this heads-up. smiley

+1

Hide 2 replies...
Report comment
(8mo)

@DontSpeak Thank you for thinking to include a link to the show. I had just been on IMDB to make sure I spelled Park Eun-bin's name correctly, and one of the reviews had the name of the show listed as "Weird Lawyer Woo" and I guess the Lawyer part stuck in my head.

+1

Report comment
(8mo)
(edited)

@Wander Youre welcome. Thanks for mentioning the show!

Translations are so fun: Weird Lawyer Woo. smiley
There really isn't an exact word for Autism in Korean, so the translator app had a guess and came up with that. lol

+1

guru
Report comment
(8mo)

There is another Korean show about an autistic Doctor called Good Doctor. Someone in Hollywood saw it and so now there is a US show about an autistic Doctor called The Good Doctor. Pretty clever adding a The to the title. I think it is in its 6th season.

Similar forum topics

FEEDBACK

Join 351,278 users who love movies and TV shows!

208,826 reviews • 122,446 films • 18,486 TV series