This site exists on your donations. Donate here
Switch theme
About Contact Log in Register!

351,278 users • 208,714 reviews
122,397 films • 18,478 TV series

I need a good movie to watch (490 views, 38 replies)

This topic has been closed.

senior guru
Report comment
(1y)

I'm not a big fan of Comedy or a lot of action, but can't seem to find anything. Any suggestions?

+1

senior guru
Report comment
(1y)

Hi.I see u like doggies. dosmovies.com/film/Red_Dog/Red dog(2011)Comedy,drama,family.I fell in love with this movie.watch trailer smiley

+3

senior guru
Hide 4 replies...
Report comment
(1y)

@tyetoes Thanks, this is probably the only type of comedy that I do like.

+2

Report comment
(1y)

@StarKissed I am hoping you enjoyed it as much as i did. smiley

+1

Report comment
(1y)

@tyetoes Thanks, now I'm crying like a baby. A sorta true story and he actually died in 1979. Don't want to see anything like this again. lol When I lose one of my babies, I'm a mess for months.

+1

Report comment
(1y)

@StarKissed I understand.Maybe check out my playlists and you might find something more enjoyable.I like different kinds of movies. smiley

+1

senior master
Report comment
(1y)

I know you said you do not care for comedy, but for some reason this film came to mind: Game Night (2018) dosmovies.com/film/Game_Night

It's not just a comedy, it's a mystery and it's got some situations that are incredibly clever belly laughs.

+3

Hide 3 replies...
Report comment
(1y)

@DontSpeak That is an excellent movie.

+2

Report comment
(1y)

@DontSpeak That was pretty good! Thanks!

+2

Report comment
(1y)

@StarKissed You're welcome. 😊

+1

God
Report comment
(1y)

Try your look using these. dosmovies.com/tags

+1

senior guru
Hide 4 replies...
Report comment
(1y)

@SimonM Thanks Simon, but I don't speak Spanish (?) smiley

+1

Report comment
(1y)

@StarKissed It's English, it was made in the UK.

Report comment
(1y)

@SimonM The link I grabbed is dubbed into Spanish or a similar language. I'll see if I can find an English one. 😉

+1

Report comment
(1y)

@StarKissed I think it's a good film, it's worth finding an English version

+2

senior guru
Report comment
(1y)

Thanks everyone, I appreciate you're helping!

+5

senior master
Report comment
(1y)

Do you watch foreign (non-English) movies? Do you like any Anime?

This recent horror from Finland is quite good: dosmovies.com/film/Pahanhautoja

This is anime, but it is mature subject of love and finding your place, and very lovely: dosmovies.com/film/The_Garden_of...

+2

Hide 2 replies...
Report comment
(1y)
(edited)

@DontSpeak I really enjoyed Hatching. So strange but good. Have you seen the movie Border?

dosmovies.com/film/Border_2018

+1

Report comment
(1y)

@MurderByDeath I have seen it, yes! It's very good and worth another watch. Thank you for the reminder! 😊

+1

senior guru
Report comment
(1y)

No, not a fan of those, but thanks for offering. smiley

+2

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(1y)

@StarKissed If you would be more specific, maybe all will help. It's a fun task that we all can benefit from. Myself included. Thank you for making this! 😊

+2

senior guru
Report comment
(1y)

lol, ok. Let's try this:

My favorite type of movie/series are fictional/ nonfictional Ancient History with Myth, Legend, and/or mystery thrown in.

Braveheart, Dr, Zhivago, Gone with the Wind, Avatar, are some of my fav movies.

"The Witcher," "Stranger Things," Handmaid's Tale," Spartacus," "Game of Thrones," The X-Files," "Outlander," etc. are some of my fav. series. I've used the Tag Search, but I've run out of words to use.

I like more serious type shows that has a mystical element, but not so much that it's ridiculous, and never could be true. I love Sci Fi.

I Dislike a lot of Blood & Guts, but some is ok like in ancient wars, but not slasher type shows.
Not a fan of Comedy.

Thanks DontSpeak!

+2

Hide 7 replies...
Report comment
(1y)

@StarKissed I will have a ponder / think and try to give you something. I hope this is okay for you! 😊

+2

Report comment
(1y)
(edited)

@StarKissed dosmovies.com/film/The_Ritual_80...

This movie is very well done. It is in English. Just a quick background; most viewers did not fully understand that it is based on the Jötunn. Supernatural creatures / gods from one of the nine worlds of Norse cosmology, separated from Miðgarðr, the world of humans, by high mountains or dense forests.

It is not intended to be a horror in the slasher sense, which seemed to be what most wanted and comparatively disliked about this film.

It's very creepy and eerie.

It is probably one of my favourite English attempts at our Nordic mythology.

This is just a rendition / interpretation of Jötunn Loki. It's not a spoiler as it's not in the movie. ...
Read more

+1

Report comment
(1y)

@DontSpeak Definitely something I'll watch. Thanks!

+1

Report comment
(1y)

@StarKissed An American folklore that is quite good is dosmovies.com/film/Antlers

"Antlers" is an artistic, creepy, unpredictable wendigo-based horror that goes from mysterious to incredibly disturbing in a very short space of time. The compulsively wicked storyline is told from two perspectives and lives simultaneously, so the viewer must pay strict attention. It a certainty that many who viewed this film missed this simultaneous collision of terror and realism, and simply relied on the gut instinct of disgust. HA! That shows the film worked. The creature and the myth and the real life abuse are both folklore and supernatural, intertwined so deeply they become one. Are you asking yourself did we watch the same film? Well, did you engage in a small conversation? Were you distracted by your snacks? Then you. missed. it. all. Find the time to watch this eerie and disturbing tale of ... ...
Read more

+1

Report comment
(1y)

@DontSpeak Not what I expected but it was creepy and weird. lol

+1

Report comment
(1y)

@StarKissed lol Norse folktale / folklore are extremely "weird" by Western standards! 😊😊😊

Report comment
(1y)

@StarKissed This is a crime/ drama/ Black comedy. I found it very clever, and most interesting.

dosmovies.com/film/I_Dont_Feel_a...

+1

senior guru
Report comment
(1y)

No problem, lol. I look forward to seeing what you come up with. This is kind of fun, actually. smiley

+3

Hide 2 replies...
Report comment
(1y)

@StarKissed It is fun. It's a nice place for everyone to share. Thank you. 😊

+3

Report comment
(1y)
(edited)

@StarKissed "The Power" 2021 dosmovies.com/film/The_Power_202... it's a period piece set in England during the war that has a supernatural element!

"Backcountry" 2014 dosmovies.com/film/Backcountry a Canadian couple on a weekend camping / hiking / getaway. This has one of the most realistic bear attack sequences I've ever seen. The stalking aspect is very scary!

This topic has been closed.

Similar forum topics

FEEDBACK

Join 351,278 users who love movies and TV shows!

208,714 reviews • 122,397 films • 18,478 TV series