This site exists on your donations. Donate here
Switch theme
About Contact Log in Register!

351,278 users • 208,826 reviews
122,444 films • 18,486 TV series

How prophetic was this pandemic movie? (392 views, 6 replies)

This topic has been closed.

senior master
Report comment
(4y)

dosmovies.com/watch_movie/Fatal_Contact_....

A virus mutates in a Chinese market and becomes a pandemic.
In the USA border restrictions are put in place too late, while politicians continue to argue and protect their own butts.
Millions die all over the world, shoppers fight over empty shelves in supermarkets, there are mass graves and overloaded hospitals where nurses wear hazmat suits.

Heard this story recently? The film was shot 14 years ago in NZ!

+2

senior master
Report comment
(4y)

And if you want a happy ending [SPOILER]..

+1

top expert
Report comment
(4y)

It's not a bad movie, watched it a while back, and if you can't find a copy there's a good quality one on Youtube www.youtube.com/watch?v=TBpuRUXX...

+1

Hide 3 replies...
Report comment
(4y)

@DaveLikely The movie was clearly on a tight budget and some of the actors lack experience, but the story is based on science and is surprisingly accurate at showing peoples' reactions to the Covid epidemic.

+1

Report comment
(4y)

@Buttless Yeah, I mean I liked it. For a TV movie it wasn't bad at all, and for a freee movie that somehow hasn't been removed from YT, it's pretty good - well worth the price.

Report comment
(4y)

@DaveLikely I think movies here are excellent value, don't understand people b**ching about them.

senior master
Report comment
(4y)

I think "daybreakers 2009" was also quite prophetic. It has things like " The bat that started everything" , "Spread of virus because people are eating strange things from the animal kingdom" , social dilemas similar to the present , e.t.c. It sets the date of the plot at 2019!!!!

This topic has been closed.

Similar forum topics

FEEDBACK

Join 351,278 users who love movies and TV shows!

208,826 reviews • 122,444 films • 18,486 TV series