This site exists on your donations. Donate here
Switch theme
About Contact Log in Register!

351,278 users • 209,063 reviews
122,543 films • 18,492 TV series

Hidden dislikes, results (536 views, 21 replies)

This topic has been closed.

admin
Report comment
(5y)

I closed that old thread because it was too long...
Results:
1. I see less drama.
2. Users stopped complaining about being downvoted.
3. Love love love

+3

Hide 10 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

@Dr.Evil Does this mean you are removing the down-vote option altogether?

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@DemandingFemale That would upset the HATERS lol.

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@PureVodka🍺 Let the haters go and that the proverbial flying f*ck over the hedge and back to their incest rampant backyards. Any haters wish to rebuke? Think we got that one out of the way PV.

Report comment
(5y)

@DemandingFemale I wouldn't miss the downvote option since it is misused.

+2

Report comment
(5y)

@Dr.Evil I like the hidden dislikes, but as you know, I'm not a fan of the down vote to begin with.

As far as less bullying, no, I disagree. The bullies just log out, and then comment under another profile, or just aim the comment at you when you aren't even chatting to them.

So for me ultimately it's a passive solution, in my opinion, and I mean no disrespect.

I've been registered here for going on 3 years, but come here for longer than that. I've watched the site change.

I was delighted when it began to receive the recognition it deserves, but I've now watched older members get bullied and pushed around by the "block / unblock" and "create multiple profiles" game, and then leave or come round a lot less frequently.

I don't digress to name calling. Yet I've still seen it going on in the threads. Knowing nothing will be done, I won't report it because it's a blame game and I don't do games like that. My time here has been problem free until recently.
Read more

+3

Report comment
(5y)

@Dr.Evil LOL! Love, Love, Love...Yeah...That's what I"M feeling!

+2

senior master
Report comment
(5y)

Maybe the drama kings and queens have won the day on the first two.

Beatles came in third.

+1

God
Report comment
(5y)

Why not just show who's voted up down, like the up's on our walls. Should be fun.

+2

Hide 5 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

@PureVodka🍺 I don’t mind that, but I cannot downvote, as I stated in the thread I started, and then, just now, I put up a comment and explained what I downvote. I actually would probably choose to use the Report option for most of the things I think deserve a negative vote, but I cannot use that function either. So maybe just make Report the only other option and make sure we can easily find the TOS so people aren’t abusing that and wasting mods’ time?

Report comment
(5y)

@ditzygypsy I liked how it was in the 1st (don't mind being downvoted) place. It's the HATERS upsetting others that is the prob. i.e Abusing the downvote opinion, like with anywhere on the net, just a small number that f**ks it up for everyone (decent people) else.

+2

Report comment
(5y)

@PureVodka🍺 Showing who downvoted would lead to thumb wars.

Report comment
(5y)

@FemaleLotRfan83 It would lead to cowards (sh*t stirring and HATING) staying under their rocks.

Report comment
(5y)

@PureVodka🍺 Maybe it would lead to both thumb wars and what you said.

guru
Report comment
(5y)

Why have a like/dislike of a comment at all? The comment on what you watched will say what you thought. Let others comment on yours, that is why there is a 'Reply' button. At least that way they are commenting on what was watched.
OR.. They didn't watch it. And have nothing better to do than being boring "Haters" of any one that has a thought of their own.

+2

Hide 3 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

@Egor17 I concur as I don't see the point of either vote up/down when members can simply reply to other's comments on movies/shows as you stated and IMO that would make this site and it's members more interactive being that it is not just a film site but also a social site. It makes sense to imply more features that will help it remain just that. "hidden dislikes" is a step forward I suppose...

Report comment
(5y)

@Egor17 Or an even easier solution would be to get rid of the numbers all together.

The reaction is to the number and if there is none then there is no popularity contest for (as you say) the "boring "Haters".

I previously suggested to link the downvote with a reply box to force these "useless voters" into communicating but the thread was closed without much debate/consideration to the proposal.

But why not just BURN the +/-number as it is FAKE in many cases as it does not reflect how useless a comment is.

And let's keep the thumbs up/down so those who feel the need to register their disagreement without having to write a comment (for whatever reason) may do so in the quiet of their home.

Although there may be no +/- number but deep in your heart you have voiced your opinion on USELESSNESS and the democratic tradition can continue as a secret ballot.
Read more

Report comment
(5y)

@..box.. That's actually a good point.

For some people it would be letting go of their security blanket, but it may actually be a way for people to take more time with what they write, potentially.

This topic has been closed.

Similar forum topics

FEEDBACK

Join 351,278 users who love movies and TV shows!

209,063 reviews • 122,543 films • 18,492 TV series