This site exists on your donations. Donate here
Switch theme
About Contact Log in Register!

351,278 users • 208,717 reviews
122,397 films • 18,478 TV series

Guilty Pleasures (940 views, 23 replies)

This topic has been closed.

senior guru

I watch a lot of shows, friends know that about me. And that as I never watch TV, only online, I often find foreign ones they have not heard of, so I am frequently asked for recommendations.
In fact I had a message earlier today asking for some.
Which got me thinking as I am just about to watch the latest episode of Riverdale, that even though I love that show I never tell people about it.
I think it's really aimed at peeps much younger than myself so maybe that's why. Friends my age might laugh at me for watching it.
Not that I've ever cared what other people think, but this has made me realise that if I have a "guilty pleasure" TV show... Riverdale is it.

So what's yours? The show you love but wouldn't tell your friends?

+2

God
Report comment
(5y)

I watched the first episode of "Kidding"...and hated it. And said so. But I thought I should watch a couple more, to be sure. Now I'm hooked on it. I see BAD things happening in this 'sad/hopeful' show. It's like a car wreck...now I can't look away.

Hide 4 replies...

@bondojoe I just looked that up. And ugh it's got Jim Carey in it. I can't stand him - his appearance in anything is enough to make me not watch. Won't be joining you in your shame over that one.

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@⭐️janerosity⭐️ I don't like Carey either, but the show is going to have SOMETHING to say. I just want to see what it is. But I understand!

Report comment
(5y)

@⭐️janerosity⭐️ Can't deal with him or Robin Williams. Can you imagine being married to either one of them? Acting like a moron all the time would push a nun to hit them in the face with a skillet.

@fortunate1 Oh yeah him too. My favourite book was made into a film, and I was so looking forward to it, but they cast Robin Williams in the main role. I tried to watch it, but his horrid overacting up the fact the character is gay totally ruined it. His being gay is not at all the main focus of the story, but of course RW had to take it to the extreme.

senior master
Report comment
(5y)

I also watch Riverdale and a lot of other "teen" series but my guilty pleasure would probably be low-budget B-Movies. I really enjoy them as I am very passionate about films and currently a student so I have an understanding respect for the efforts put into the art which makes me slightly snobbish I suppose. :)

Have you watched "Light as a Feather"?

Check it out if you have not yet.

Hide 1 reply...

@3UN01A But are you a goonie or a serpent? Haha. It's SO ridiculous it's good.

master
Report comment
(5y)

Twilight zone and the outer limits, the old ones. Everyone says why do you watch black and white with poor fx effects. Then normally they point to the new ones that are "better"at least they are in color. Still prefer the B&W old ones. psst Dig Perry Mason too! don't tell anyone.

+1

Hide 3 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

@fortunate1 "Twilight zone and the outer limits, the old ones"...it doesn't get any better than that!

+1

@bondojoe I agree, personally I consider those to be classics - and often way ahead of their time.

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@⭐️janerosity⭐️ Rod Serling was the first rational person that I'd ever heard!

senior guru
Report comment
(5y)

[SPOILER]

+2

Hide 5 replies...

@DemandingFemale LOL. They sucked you right in.

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@⭐️janerosity⭐️ I just worked it out (I think) - It's over 206 hours of my life I'll never get back. lol

Roll on Season 14/Episode 4 next week ;)

Report comment
(5y)

@DemandingFemale All those hours gone... forever! 14 seasons!

Report comment
(5y)

@bondojoe 206+ hours over 14 years, Joe.

That's still less time than you've spent posting junk on here in the last 2 weeks lol

+4

Report comment
(5y)

@DemandingFemale LOL! One woman's junk is another man's treasure!

+1

senior master
Report comment
(4y)

Recently came across [SPOILER] and been hooked!

+1

God
Report comment
(4y)

lololololol

smiley

senior guru
Report comment
(4y)

playing the sims on the iPad when I am really bored

+1

senior master
Report comment
(4y)

[SPOILER] smiley

This topic has been closed.

Similar forum topics

FEEDBACK

Join 351,278 users who love movies and TV shows!

208,717 reviews • 122,397 films • 18,478 TV series