This site exists on your donations. Donate here
Switch theme
About Contact Log in Register!

351,278 users • 208,742 reviews
122,406 films • 18,479 TV series

Fairy Tale by Stephen King. (206 views, 9 replies)

This topic has been closed.

senior master

senior master
Report comment
(1y)

+2

expert
Report comment
(1y)

I've got it for my Kindle. Gee, I hope it's one of those thick-ass books like he used to write. We are expecting our first hurricane ever to make land in the Maritimes,(FIONA) so this will keep me well entertained when the power goes out.

+1

senior master
Report comment
(1y)

Weighing in at 539 pages in the EPUB version, I think you got a winner from the maestro. Stay safe and let us know how you got along with the NEW KING EDITION.

+1

senior master
Report comment
(1y)

+1

top expert
Report comment
(1y)

Just finished it, as usual for SK works this one`s great.i agree with Kellyann, some of the short stories he`s recently sold as full price novels is taking the p1ss a bit out of us "constant readers".

+1

Hide 4 replies...
Report comment
(1y)

@Stickmanuk Impressively fast reading. I am hoping to get to it when the long winter evenings set in.

Thanks for the recommendation. smiley

+1

Report comment
(1y)
(edited)

@Stickmanuk He doesn't advertise his novellas/short stories as full length books. In fact, when he first started writing, he only had self-published short stories (circa 1950s).

They are always listed as such, including length.

Although I love his works, I definitely always check which they are. As far as price, many of the shorter novellas can be had for much less than mainstream prices. I get most of his more recent works for as little as €2.

Another nice thing is that he donates $4million annually to libraries, literacy programmes, and life saving programmes and a further $3million to charitable organisations in Maine. He also built a baseball stadium for a child with cerebral palsy, and is considered one of the highest donating people in the world, contributing upwards of 40% of his writing profits to help others.

There are about 400+ short stories/novellas/novelettes (some are included/released in both collections and alone) and about 45+ books, of varying lengths.
Read more

Report comment
(1y)
(edited)

@DontSpeak Hehe you think you know more than Mr king than i do, i1ve got a first edition Richard Bachman Long walk here signed by Mr King i`ve been a fan since i first read him in 1984 or so. I did like your thought out answer though.

Also you should read UR>.

Report comment
(1y)

@Stickmanuk What is UR>?

Wow, Long Walk signed? That's awesome!

smiley

This topic has been closed.

Similar forum topics

FEEDBACK

Join 351,278 users who love movies and TV shows!

208,742 reviews • 122,406 films • 18,479 TV series