This site exists on your donations. Donate here
Switch theme
About Contact Log in Register!

351,278 users • 208,755 reviews
122,412 films • 18,479 TV series

2mooob enquirer - contributions invitation (1712 views, 96 replies)

This topic has been closed.

senior master
Report comment
(5y)

God
Report comment
(5y)

Oh no, I've barely lived up to the expectations of the LAST scandal! smiley

+5

Hide 3 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

@delamitri The 2mooob's readers are looking for the dirt in the details, the pink in the ponytails and the scandal of the stallions.

How well hung? the drugs? the rock n' roll nights (and morning afters)?

I think there is enough there to warrent a reality series.

Hard copy!

Report comment
(5y)

@delamitri my middle name is 'scandal'! You're in good (bad?) company!

+3

Report comment
(5y)

@delamitri Shhhhhhh. smiley

Just look innocent and we'll be grand.

:)

+2

top expert
Report comment
(5y)

Aye, Aye, chief! Sounds like a larf... smiley

+3

senior guru
Report comment
(5y)

I can’t wait!

+4

master
Report comment
(5y)

as I understand the current state of affairs: "Unexplained Chimera outbreak at 2moobs following global unbanning."

Hide 3 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

@(⌐■_■) U are understanding so well Tazz but you need to keep future a little more secret in order to conserve the element of surprise! Great headlines ... any bumf/text to follow?

Report comment
(5y)

@..box.. Can I get Editorial fee's? payable by column inch ryte? BTW these headliners are 100% fun in my whirld... not sour sarcasm. Which, I hope is not misconstrued.

That said: Stay Calm and Carry On 'Cuz - There are no secrets at 2Moobs Enquirer 0.0

Report comment
(5y)

@(⌐■_■) I want to be paid in Bitcoin by the word...:)

+3

master
Report comment
(5y)

2moobs Gammers form rabid forum gang claiming “they can’t play half-blind!”
Non-gamers assuaged the frothing visionaries with free vaccinations ‘n beer. smiley

master
Report comment
(5y)

“Creepy Stalker Monopolizes Community”
Residents were duly punished ‘just in case’.
Then, ordered to abandon future security measures smiley tho perp still at large.

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(5y)

@(⌐■_■) More please in pm?

master
Report comment
(5y)

“Ban The Person Above You Pt.3” proven ineffective by resident flat-earthers for third time.
smiley smiley smiley

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(5y)

@(⌐■_■) more please in pm?

master
Report comment
(5y)

Teeney is nominated for "Lost 'n Found" award following a harrowing absence that spurred epic 2moo scavenger hunt.

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(5y)

@(⌐■_■) Lol🙋

God
Report comment
(5y)

I am back with a vengeance!
Teeny 💋💋

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(5y)

@Teeny💋 Whoop! Whoop!

master
Report comment
(5y)

ENTERTAINMENT NEWS;

Which 10 items would you bring?
"For sure, at least one potato?" smiley
Thank you Matt Damon.

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(5y)

@(⌐■_■) great idea but I need PRIVATE IDEAS to print in the rag as in TOP SECRET and for my eyes only and James Bond will love you if you could do that - but new stuff! [SPOILER]

God
Report comment
(5y)

I'm still collating.

:)

+2

Hide 4 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

@ Collating finishes today - I am getting the evil eye from the missus!

Report comment
(5y)

@..box.. Maybe she just wants you in her box, Box?

Mightn't be an evil look at all. If you know what I mean!

Wink, wink, nudge, nudge.

smiley smiley smiley

Report comment
(5y)

@ It's EVIL!!!! I know the difference at this stage RB.

Report comment
(5y)

@..box.. That's not what Boxette is saying!

senior master
Report comment
(5y)

All contributions will be welcome for the SUMMER EDITION.

Hide 2 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

@..box.. Ooh... I might have an idea or two.
I feel inspired! Lol

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@LiliLawless Lili ... please send me anything you have and we'll work on it. I look forward to seening your idead as I think you could be an important contributor.

Be inspired!

And be sure to PM.

master
Report comment
(5y)

Under no circumstances do I allow my avatar, my words, even reference of my actions to be included in this sordid rag.

Furthermore I believe it to be nothing more than a subversion of ToS rule 5.

As such, Moob is harmful to the site and actually is bad PR and acts to inhibit communication and hospitality.

I will tirelessly oppose the Moob fake news as it is destructive trolling.

+6

senior master
Report comment
(5y)

Actually A.H.N, the name is the 2MOoOB Enquirer (know your enemies and Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer).

I don't think you have a copyright on the image you use as your avatar and your words on the forum are open to interpretation to anyone and everyone. If you wish to provide further insight as to the meaning of the words or the "FAKENESS" of the original interpretation, then I suggest you get involved OR stop talking about it.

The 2MOoOB Enquirer is a space for ALL members to submit facets of creativity in whatever form that they choose. It is an open space of self expression and all submissions will be considered solely on their merit.

The 2MOoOB Enquirer promotes mature adult FUN through the a pen whose ink may be charged with lampooning, irony, sarcarism and ridiculousness but not with malace.

The 2MOoOB Enquirer invites communication from all viewpoints, in all forms by all members. Hospitality is the concern of hotels etc. It is not a "welcome mat" for new members as they wouldn't know the personalities included in the pieces.
Read more

Hide 47 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

@..box.. I will oppose it. Live with it.

If anyone complains, I will back them up 200% percent.

You will spend your entire week defending it.

Note that your latest issue is CLOSED.
dosmovies.com/forum/thread/2MOoOB-Enquir....

Get a clue.

boor wants to run off new people and skirts the ToS rule 5 to do so.

Note: I am not the first person to complain about this nor will I be the last.

Your pathetic puerile yellow journalism harms the site. In no way does it help the site.

+5

Report comment
(5y)

@AnhedoniaNightmare TBH I have received numerous complaints from you about the Enquirer. Nobody else has come forward to back your accusations up.

Can you please provide some data as to what members I have run off this site - ever?

But I know for a fact that you had a hand in forcing a MOD to leave.

I think we all know who is bad for the site and who isn't.

And if the Doc is reading this, I am talking about the
AnhedoniaNightmare member from the Death Star (remember the baddie from there with the hoodie etc)

Report comment
(5y)

@..box.. Last time I checked, satire and parody were protected forms of free expression and as such exempted from the application of defamation and libel legislation.

Defamation is a believable false statement of fact that causes material harm.
Satire is “the use of humor, irony, exaggeration, or ridicule to expose and criticize people’s stupidity or vices, particularly in the context of contemporary politics and other topical issues.”

In other words: defamation is a malicious lie passed off as truth while satire is a humorous skewering of a cultural or political event – regardless of whether or not you agree with the viewpoint.

Hustler Magazine v. Falwell is the applicable judicial precedent, where the US Supreme Court decided unanimously that pure satire/parody is protected by the First Amendment.

There are several more cases that have dealt with the issue, which I am not gonna bore you with. The common element in deciding between defamation and satire is the reasonable man test. If a “reasonable person” could realistically construe a satirical work as a truthful representation of facts. There are several indications on the truthfulness factor that have been put forward by the courts. Not gonna bother you with those either unless it becomes necessary.
Read more

Report comment
(5y)

@JudgeDredd If that were true, then anyone could be like Crutchbender and box and post a rape edition describing how they raped all the female members and impregnated them. Then just say, "it's satire folks...calm down".

There are far worse things they could say.

Tell me, how many new people would be attracted to the site having read that? How many people would just leave if Crutchbender described them masturbating to being dominated by Crutch.

This is as low as I have ever seen a troll tolerated.

If what you claim is true, then how does that apply to a forum? This is not a nation guaranteeing natural rights.

In effect, there is no ToS as all one has to say at the beginning of one's comment: this is just satire. And then attack away.

One could write any bigotry, and misogyny, attack the site, just be saying it's satire.

+5

Report comment
(5y)

@AnhedoniaNightmare Please read this:

Violation of these Terms of Use may, in TwoMovies' sole discretion, result in termination of your TwoMovies account.

So basically we decide what to do or not to do.

+2

Report comment
(5y)

@Dr.Evil dosmovies.com/forum/thread/2mooob-enquir....

Crutchbender states that merely being a Christian makes one suspect of pedophilia!

+4

Report comment
(5y)

@AnhedoniaNightmare then you must report that comment and we will review it

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@Dr.Evil I did report it.

I reported lots of these to Raven before she left.

Let's see I have been accused of going postal as a serial killer, a pedophile, a thief, a leech, a douce, a twat, etc.

This list is quite long.

+4

Report comment
(5y)

@AnhedoniaNightmare She left because of you actually

+6

Report comment
(5y)

@Dr.Evil She was caught trolling off site and many know it. That happened two weeks before I arrived.

She may have used me as an excuse as she was frustrated she could not ban me. She said as much in the Why is Hollywood Leftist topic.

See:
dosmovies.com/forum/thread/Medical-and-S....

+4

Report comment
(5y)

@AnhedoniaNightmare Based on the jurisprudence concerning the subject matter, the courts have provided several guidelines in order to distinguish between malicious opinion and satire. I will only mention the main ones that qualify as general guidelines:

1. Use of an insolent tone is a relative indication that the story is not straight news (it used to convey that in a more certain manner, but the use of such tone by the alternative media in the past 3 years have robbed this indication of its certainty)
2. The context and type of the platform to publish the story, including whether the platform has a history of satire or parody, provides with near certainty the factor of seriousness. i.e. MAD Magazine
3. Is the story in the news section, the opinion page or an advertisement?
4. Use of an unorthodox headline will alert readers from the beginning that the story is not straight news. (not applicable to clickbait)
Read more

Report comment
(5y)

@JudgeDredd Okay, and what are the ramifications on the marketing of the site when a rape fantasy is published as "satire"?

Either creeps come to visit and thus more trolls.

Or you lose female members and many other community members.

Meanwhile strangers go, "Wow. They have no Terms of Service there".

Just because one may write garbage does not mean one should.

Imagine three Ku Klux Klan members see what is happening and write a "satire" demeaning minorities and post grotesque caricatures, then state..."No worries...this is just satire"!

What is in moob next month? A "satire" on Jews, Muslims, Africans, Greeks, etc?

+3

Report comment
(5y)

@AnhedoniaNightmare Do you have an ownership stake at this website? Are you engaged in a position for the site that would make the public image of the site, your primary concerns ?

My point is that neither you or I are responsible for the management of the site. As such we cannot enforce our views on what diversity should look like. And the ToS is nothing but an indication of the acceptable conduct. In the end of the day the Admin could very well decide to do away with the entire ToS and ban all of us for the fun of it. There is no law that prohibits taking any decision regarding your property.

Insofar as the KKK example, I think you misunderstand the definition of satire. The condition is not on your proclamation that the story is satire but the understanding of the reader had he been a reasonable person.

Report comment
(5y)

@JudgeDredd Would a satire of Africans with big lips and appearing inferior be perfectly allowed as satire?

Answer the question.

Would that harm the marketing of the site plus attract the trolls to the site?

Answer the question.

It's not a legal question. It's an ethical question and a economic question.

If you want to get bigots and misogynists to visit the site, then the moob "satire" would be a vehicle for doing so.

+3

Report comment
(5y)

@AnhedoniaNightmare I will answer in the order you have provided:

1. Yes, any ethnicity can be subject to ridicule. I have seen caricatures in the newspapers with Greeks wearing their traditional uniforms and made fun of. Did it bother me? Not in the slightest.

2. What is the definition of a Troll these days? Cause it seems to me the definition has been used to identify any person of dissenting opinion. And in any case, you cant prohibit people from engaging in antisocial behaviour. In regards to the marketing, it entirely depends on what kind of image you are trying to relay to the outside world. A platform for all, a platform for politically correct users, a platform for trolls?

3. Bigots and misogynists are already here. But this is a subjective determination. They may be bigots and misogynists in relation to my own set of beliefs but not in relation to others.

Report comment
(5y)

@JudgeDredd Based upon your answer then bigotry can be hidden in satire, thus hate speech is protected on the site, thus there is no Terms of Service.

It's a boilerplate text that is decided based on whims.

Any ethnic group, gender, sexual preference, spiritual or nonspiritual belief, may be satirized with no consequence IF it is labeled satire.

Perhaps the editors and contributors of Moob should contact homophobes and the neonazis and similar hate groups. They always need people who can write content.

Moob could write an issue where four members are all family members commiting incest and sodomizing each other. Then state it's satire so don't get your feathers ruffled.

Moob could write an issue where four members are crazed pedophiles raping an orphange.

Moob could write an issue where four members are terrorists who mow down Muslims and bomb a mosque.
Read more

+4

Report comment
(5y)

@AnhedoniaNightmare As I said before, the ToS are nothing but an indication/guideline on acceptable conduct. They are the reference basis whereby the Admin can use to render a decision. The admin is not bound to the ToS. The admin is free to take any decision he deems fit. The burden of decision comes with the ownership.

Anything can be subject to satire as long as it is labeled and perceived as such by a reasonable person.

Report comment
(5y)

@JudgeDredd Translation: The ToS is based on whims.

I do not think the vast majority of minorities would have any recourse under such broad acceptance of "satire" and that it makes a total mockery of a Terms of Service.

+3

Report comment
(5y)

@AnhedoniaNightmare True but you are not supposed to have any recourse against satire. Had this been the case Pratinas, Choerilus and Aeschylus would have been executed on sight back in 500BC, especially when at the time the object of satire was the Gods themselves. Instead of that satyr plays were a requirement for participation in the Athenian Dionysia. Three tragedies and one satyr play were to be performed by each playwright in the festival.

Report comment
(5y)

@JudgeDredd You and I both know that what we have is not satire...at all.

+4

Report comment
(4y)

@AnhedoniaNightmare There you go....religious satire. Quite appropriate too considering the Greek Orthodox Easter....

Report comment
(4y)

@JudgeDredd smiley smiley smiley

Thanks for the "whatever it is called" humour.

I call it funny.

Report comment
(4y)

@JudgeDredd That is pretty weak. If that was the extent, I wouldn't label that satire but very innocent mild humor.

+4

Report comment
(4y)

@AnhedoniaNightmare No worries, we have plenty of material from this artist. I only wish I didn't have to translate them from Greek to English...

Report comment
(4y)

@JudgeDredd This stuff is tame, Man. Hardly satire. It's aimed at teenagers.

+4

Report comment
(4y)

@AnhedoniaNightmare The Church here would disagree with you. They were quite vocal in their disagreement with this artist.

In any case, Arkas has published 3 books and several comic strips taking aim at religious dogma. His disagreement with the Church never made it to Court as Satire is equally protected here as well, being its birthplace and all.

Report comment
(4y)

@JudgeDredd I don't understand why as it's milquetoast humor.

+4

Report comment
(4y)

@AnhedoniaNightmare You have to read the entire book to see that he is taking a crack at everything religion teaches as dogma. But I cant translate the entire book for you. Sorry

Report comment
(4y)

@JudgeDredd Dogma is based on tradition.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dogma

Theology is based on hermenutics.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hermeneu...
They are quite different.

+4

Report comment
(5y)

@JudgeDredd I must say I feel I owe you something for that legal consultation - how about an invitation to contribute in a 2MOoOB edition on anything you feel comfortable doing. Drop me a PM and we can talk whenever you want. Cheers Mandale.

Report comment
(5y)

@..box.. Thank you but satire and comedy isn't my cup of tea. The fact that I can laugh at it doesn't make me a comedian. In any case I have to state that this legal opinion is not meant as an endorsement or rejection of any opinion in here. Its just a statement of legal fact. A point of reference for the debate.

Report comment
(5y)

@JudgeDredd Mandale is a wonderful resource and a dear friend on this site. We may totally disagree on this topic (or others) but my friendship with him is immutable.

+4

Report comment
(5y)

@AnhedoniaNightmare As is my friendship with you. We may not see eye to eye on certain topics, but I respect your opinion, whatever that maybe.

Report comment
(5y)

@JudgeDredd Well then something serious and informative like what you have just posted? A law unto ourselves - strange cases where the names a changed to protect the innocent/Judge Judy/the clerk/the stenographer/The witness protection program manager/ the prison wardens ....

U have a unique insight into what/when/where/how and who of the American legal system which you are very good at explaining in layman terms.

If you can give me the facts I can make them fake and fun. Interested yet?

PM me if you are but no pressure. a simple yes will suffice.

Report comment
(5y)

@..box.. Thank you for the offer but I would have to decline. It is true that when justice goes overboard it usually does so in such a fashion and flair that it becomes comedy gold on its own. And in the past, we did have the Stella Awards published on a yearly basis with the most ridiculous legal claims and judgments rendered in US courts. Its quite hard to beat that.

Besides, the real comedy these days is in the Politics section and specifically in the White House interactions. And you don't need the label of satire to have a laugh there.

Report comment
(5y)

@JudgeDredd OK for now Mandale but I can be persistent and "I will Be back" as a former political leader in California once said while cutting his teeth in Hollywood. Ciao, Ciao.

senior guru
Report comment
(5y)

Gimme a break, the amateur dramatics from either of them aren't anything new, one of them "left for good" (again?) just a few weeks ago so my guess is be they'll be back playing the victim before we know it, claims of ignorance from others however are either cases of misplaced trust, being ill-informed or just downright duplicitous because everything they've done so far has been visible on this forum for weeks and for all to see.

Moderating is very much a thankless job but this current situation is of nobody elses making but their own, they're both adults with their own free will so blaming the people they were stalking, harassing and attacking is ridiculous.
A moderator abusing the position to preemptively chat ban people they're both attacking is an abuse of power, a moderator sharing personally identifiable data garnered from this site in order to stalk and harass someone through multiple social media sources isn't excusable under any circumstances, I don't care which way you slice it, it's really uncool to pull that sh*t, invasions of privacy like that are serious matters, I'd be pissed enough to be looking at legal options against both of them if it was me.
Read more

+8

Hide 4 replies...

admin
Report comment
(5y)

Please put your energy into great movie reviews. lol No drama.

+8

Hide 5 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

@Dr.Evil That is precisely my point.

I could have written 64 reviews but instead this trolling has been a distraction.

Today 96 reviews will not have been done.

I can easily do 32 per day.

Now imagine if box and Crutchbender pull all their energy into reviews. They might have done 20. Instead they waste their vile energy on Moob.

Every person here could write a review a day instead of this nonsense.

+4

Report comment
(5y)

@AnhedoniaNightmare Each to their own. Our precious time is taken up by wasting our healthy energy keeping the trolls and douchbags in out sights and keep them wiggling on the hook of reality.

Report comment
(5y)

@AnhedoniaNightmare Yes I like their style of writing.

+2

Report comment
(5y)

@Dr.Evil Doc, By the way, I would love to have a look at the reviews and how they are shaping up (structure , content, presentation etc.) Would it be possibe to have a sneek preview of the 1000+ that has been done in the last week?

I promise i won't do anything naughty. Perhaps one or two of the better ones could be included for a future 2MOoOB Enquirer.

Ciao

God
Report comment
(5y)

I give 2/5 odds that this thread is closed in less then 6 hours from now L smiley L.

+5

Hide 3 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

@PureVodka🍺 PV do you know where the reviews are stored?

I can't seem to find them on the movie page.

Report comment
(5y)

@..box.. stored*?

+4

Report comment
(5y)

@PureVodka🍺 I mean are they available for everyone yet?

This topic has been closed.

Similar forum topics

FEEDBACK

Join 351,278 users who love movies and TV shows!

208,755 reviews • 122,412 films • 18,479 TV series