This site exists on your donations. Donate here
Switch theme
About Contact Log in Register!

351,278 users • 208,647 reviews
122,377 films • 18,475 TV series

what kind of morning did you have? (714 views, 20 replies)

This topic has been closed.

senior guru
Report comment
(5y)

I went outside by my porch and I heard something hit the house .I look down on the ground and there was nothing .I heard a noise by my feet and it was a cicada that hit my house and fell right at my feet. I pick it up and let it sit on my finger for a few mins . then it flew off . As soon as I was about to go into the house a squirrel came by me about six feet away.The squirrel did not seem scared of me being that close to it.It just hoped around like I was not there .That been a good morning to me already

+3

God
Report comment
(5y)

I had a beautiful morning with coffee in bed with my husband of 7 years as of today. We gave gifts and cards and my husband was so moved by my card that he teared up. That made a great morning for me to know that my husband loves me that much after all this time and I love him. We both spent a lifetime trying to find each other and let me tell you true love is worth the wait. Just don't let it slip away if you are lucky enough to find it. smiley

+4

Hide 2 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

@Teeny💋 Happy Anniversary Teeny and Yours!

+4

Report comment
(5y)

@ginger666 Thank you very much

guru
Report comment
(5y)

I got up at 8 rested, usual time for me and drank water by my bedside took out an ice cold coke bottle from the fridge drank half of that and set on my computer. The sun in London has been a major nuisance to me for the last 9 weeks. I curl up in a comfy chair in the darkest corner of my flat and answer emails. Because I have a lot of vitamin D in my body naturally I decide to investigate that. I researched gingers on YouTube for about an hour.. mostly very funny stuff til I got peckish and had a small egg and toast.. no butter, because the phone was ringing away.. dropped breaky. It is late afternoon now, waiting for the sun to go down and water the garden. Fridays are funny, too late to start something or right on time for the weekend. Nature watching here starts at night.. the beautiful foxes come out and play on the hill. smiley

+2

Hide 5 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

@ginger666 What do you mean when you say, "dropped breaky"?

Report comment
(5y)

@michael59 I made breakfast and then I had to get the phone, long time with my copyright editor.. when I got back it was cold so... no breaky

Report comment
(5y)

@ginger666 I know that Gingers have less hair per square inch than any other colored hair. I know weird that I know that. Not sure about the light bothering you....maybe you are a vampire

Report comment
(5y)

@Teeny💋 .so when you pull our pigtails it doesn't hurt as much... yes it does, we are about 20% more sensitive to pain. Hairdressers talk about how much alkaline is in red hair.. you wet it.. and it's dry again.. wet again.. dry again.. It's our special witch drowning protection. I have more vitamin D so I require less sun exposure, hence the flocking in U.K. and R.O.I. We don't need this sun. But be careful, 40% of the population are carriers.. all you need to do is meet mate with another one and.... it's magic. I am planning a Ginger story in future. smiley

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@ginger666 LMAO, that will be great!

senior guru
Report comment
(5y)

I had an annoying start to my morning. <br> <br> The air conditioner was full so I had to drain it. The drain is about 2 inches from the floor so I set the machine up on a 1 inch piece of wood. That still means that the only thing short enough to fit under it is a small dessert bowl and that also means unscrewing the cap off the drain, letting some water flow into the bowl, recap the drain, drain the bowl, and repeat 12 times before both drains are empty. It's hard on my back. <br> <br> Then I had a simple question that I wanted to as Costco. My question is, (I say is because I still don't have an answer) If your member month is here, I joined in August. Do I have until the end of the month to pay or if I go in there next week would I be turned away for an invalid card? After six different phone calls to six different people at Costco that did not know , including, customer service and membership infornation, I gave up. <br> <br> Went to make coffee. ...
Read more

+4

Hide 9 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

@michael59 Mayo is raw egg yolk so after opening it must be kept refrigerated. Life without mayo is not worth living. What is Costco?

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@ginger666 You don't know what Costco Is? I left you an explanation of Costco on your wall....lol smiley

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@ginger666 Costco is a warehouse store. You buy in bulk and things are a lot cheaper. I know it's weird that people pay to shop at a store. I myself, have not come to terms with that. lol <br> <br> Here's an example of how much cheaper it is to shop there: There is a back pain medicine called Robaxacet, it costs $29 for 40 tablets. You can get a generic brand at Costco , 100 tablets cost $4.98.

Report comment
(5y)

@michael59 We do have Costco in the UK. Basic online shopping membership is £15/$20 a year. For store membership it's about £25/$32 for Traders and £35/$45 for 'qualified' folk. We have a few more paid subscription only stores, too. <br> <br> It is almost impossible to buy pain relief in that volume here, though. We have far greater restrictions on what and how much OTC pain relief you can buy at one time. Most UK supermarkets/stores limit customers to 2 packets of 16 pills (8 doses per pack) of any pain relief - including acetaminophen (paracetamol) and ibuprofen. Pharmacies will sell in slighter higher numbers but you usually have to have a very good reason to buy them.

Report comment
(5y)

@DemandingFemale We have restrictions here too. I guess just not as stricked, yet. The pills I mentioned are not over the counter, they are on the shelf and available to anyone. Costco does have a limit of 3 per purchase. <br> <br> We have very tight restrictions with codeine here. That's just what I have heard from people. Codeine has no effect on me so I don't bother purchasing it and refuse prescriptions when they are offered. <br> <br> I have a strange body chemistry. Most pills/vitamins/supplements have no effect or don't work for me. <br> <br> I just had major surgery awhile back. I refused all the medicine/pain relief offered by my nurses because I already knew they would not work. The surgeon was angry with me for going through that. I told him the truth. I asked the nurse repeatedly to contact him and let him know that I needed to use something else. ...
Read more

Report comment
(5y)

@michael59 Anything sold directly to the consumer without prescription is classed as OTC. <br> Codeine is controlled and prescription only in many Countries now, and for good reason. <br> <br> Opiate's do not agree with me either. I've had a few orthopedic surgeries and won't take anything stronger than a Tylenol. My surgeon thinks I'm mad lol

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@michael59 Ok, it's like Sam's. We have Bookers here but there's no fees, you have to be a merchant. I would get a case of 24 glass coca-cola bottles for £10.

+2

Report comment
(5y)

@ginger666 I think Bookers merged with Makro recently. I used to love a visit to Makro to but stuff in bulk that I wouldn't even use - just because it was cheap lol

Report comment
(5y)

@ginger666 I hate wasting anything. I live off a small income and having to throw away stuff because I was careless really pisses me off. lol

+1

senior master
Report comment
(5y)

A blessed morning with a fresh view of a new city.

This topic has been closed.

Similar forum topics

FEEDBACK

Join 351,278 users who love movies and TV shows!

208,647 reviews • 122,377 films • 18,475 TV series