This site exists on your donations. Donate here
Switch theme
About Contact Log in Register!

351,278 users • 208,387 reviews
122,276 films • 18,454 TV series

YouTube movie's name wanted (that's where I watched it!) (911 views, 11 replies)

This topic has been closed.

Report comment
(5y)

Dear Anyone.

The movie was about a guy trying to rescue his dying girlfriend before she quite hits Heaven, so kinda the same plot as What Dreams May Come. However, it had a VERY Wild West twist on it, the hero tried to look as Clint Eastwood as possible, the little town was VERY John Wayne Frontiersville. Was run by a baddie called 'The Hat', he had a ring in it where newly-dead fought spirit-monsters. He didn't QUITE believe there was a God, he didn't know why he was there but he wanted to rule as long as he could.

The lovely, sad twist in the movie was a little doll, literally a doll with a living soul in. She falls in love with the hero and determines to help him get his g/f back. She's there for him all the way through and, at the end, destroys The Hat by blowing herself up when he's holding her.

The whole thing's VERY stylishly done. They had no budget but they USED that well, making everything look gritty and real. Even the doll was beautifully done, I think she was a marionette with the strings digitally taken out but don't go totally by that, I might be wrong!
Read more

top expert
Report comment
(5y)

Chris, I'm intrigued...I'll try to find it, but no promises. There are a lot more capable people on this site than I! smiley

Report comment
(5y)

Dear Purpleplum.

If you DO find it and watch it, I bet you'll be begging the doll not to do it like I was at the end, the hero was not worth her blowing herself up for. Honestly she's the best reason to watch that movie, you're feeling all the way how much she loves him and how resigned she is to him never realising it. Heck, if I'd've been there I'd've picked her over that girl every time!

Thanks again for saying you'll look.

Chris.

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(5y)

@ulrichburke I ALWAYS back the doll!

Will try my best and get back to you...

top expert
Report comment
(5y)

smiley

top expert
Report comment
(5y)

Sorry, dude...tried everything I could think of.

Little help over here, people? Any film buffs out there? smiley

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(5y)

@purpleplum Do you remember what year it might have been made in or any of the actors?

+1

top expert
Report comment
(5y)

I was just thinking (which I am prone to do occasionally smiley) was it part of that Youtube Premium package or was it just plain ol' Youtube?

Thanx for stepping in, FLOR83! Much obliged!

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(5y)

@purpleplum If you haven't cleared your watch history since watching it. You can look through that.

+1

top expert
Report comment
(5y)

See> Always ask the moderators! smiley

Thanks!

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(5y)

@purpleplum You're welcome.

+1

master
Report comment
(5y)

is that "The Naked and the Dead"with Sharon Stone as a gun-fighter after revenge?And the English expert gun fighter was --good older Brit actor, he wore all black?He was hired to kill Sharon Stone?Or they made a cheap version of it?Cause it sounds like it.

(also how do i technically force my Chrome browser to find our new website?it only finds "very abbreviated version of our site site?even on search smiley ---it refuses.thanks--got migraine, talk later)

This topic has been closed.

Similar forum topics

FEEDBACK

Join 351,278 users who love movies and TV shows!

208,387 reviews • 122,276 films • 18,454 TV series