About Contact Log in Register!

351,278 users • 208,870 reviews
122,463 films • 18,489 TV series

Who said this? (653 views, 43 replies)

This topic has been closed.

God
Report comment
(5y)

“The woman who follows the crowd will usually go no further than the crowd. The woman who walks alone is likely to find herself in places no one has ever been before.”... Answer this, then post your own quote. No cheating!

+1

Report comment
(5y)

Einstein <br> <br> <br> KEEP YOUR FRIENDS CLOSE, AND YOUR ENEMIES CLOSER.

+3

God
Report comment
(5y)

Sun Tzu <br> <br> Each player must accept the cards life deals him or her: but once they are in hand, he or she alone must decide how to play the cards in order to win the game.

+2

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(5y)

@delamitri OOOh Good one! I'll ponder it!

+1

God
Report comment
(5y)

Voltaire. <br> <br> "Hell is other people."

+2

Hide 3 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

@ LOL! Yes, it is! I'm terrible at my own game!

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@bondojoe No, you're not. It's about learning, too. It's at least half the fun. :)

+2

Report comment
(5y)

@ That's true! LOL! I'm not an idiot...I'm improving myself!

+2

God
Report comment
(5y)

No one knows my quote? It's actually a translation from French, which is a clue and might help: <br> <br> “L'enfer, c'est les autres” <br> <br> <br> Anyone? :)

+1

God
Report comment
(5y)

Joseph Garcin, the character penned by Jean-Paul Sartre. <br> <br> Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

+2

Hide 3 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

@delamitri yes sorry already said

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@delamitri <br>

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@ Kate Longmate? smiley

+1

top expert
Report comment
(5y)

Will Rodgers and offtopic Sartre was such a hypocrite <br> <br> <br> "The state must declare the child to be the most precious treasure of the people. As long as the government is perceived as working for the benefit of the children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and almost any deprivation."

+2

God
Report comment
(5y)

Dumbass Dipsh*tler, who in the same context said, (if this translation is correct) 'the state must ensure that those who are sick or weak should not reproduce. At the same time, the state must do everything to see that “blessing of children does not become a curse.”' <br> <br> "Experience is that marvelous thing that enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again."

God
Report comment
(5y)

Isn't this being attributed to Hitler? [falsely?]

Hide 5 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

@bondojoe I could be totally wrong, but I thought this came from Mein Kampf.

+2

Report comment
(5y)

@delamitri Yo've got me! Some people say it's Hitler, some people say it's bogus. The truth is a rare commodity.

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@bondojoe Like RB said, It's about learning, too, which I am. smiley And I also agree with her about that being half the fun! So, in digging, I was able to find the first part of that quote in that book I mentioned, but it looks like the second half is a fabrication, because what the actual sentence translates to is, “The state must insure that only those who are healthy have children.”

Report comment
(5y)

@delamitri Its falsely contributed to hilter yes .. it was a trick xD <br> <br> it was actually Rabbi Daniel Lapin that wrote it

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@captainhowdey I saw the first sentence of the quote in a translation of Mein Kampf and again in the rabbi's essay that starts out, "I have no intention of explaining how the correspondence which I now offer to the public fell into my hands." Referring to Hitler's supposed letter to Julius. In the letter, that first sentence is quoted from the book. I couldn't find reference to the second sentence. Probably gave up too soon. :)

God
Report comment
(5y)

Franklin Jones <br> <br> <br> "I don't need a friend who changes when I change or nods when I nod; my shadow does that much better."

+3

Hide 4 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

@ Anyone? :) :) :)

Report comment
(5y)

@ Well I had to look it up because I wanted to find out who said that - I like the quote. Anyway this is credited to Plutarch a Greek Philosopher. smiley

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@Stephen386 Yep, that's the man. :)

Report comment
(5y)

@ LOL! I cheated...it's Plutarch! You had everyone stumped, anyway. Now i have one for YOU.

God
Report comment
(5y)

<br> I don't see that in Franklin Jones quotes?

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(5y)

@bondojoe From Phoenix Rising: Embracing and Transcending Failure, 43 <br> :)

+2

God
Report comment
(5y)

-“Some people feel the rain. Others just get wet.” <br> <br> -“Who are you to judge the life I live? <br> I know I'm not perfect <br> -and I don't live to be- <br> but before you start pointing fingers... <br> make sure you hands are clean!” smiley

+1

Hide 3 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

@Teeny💋 You have to reply to my quote first with an answer, pet. :)

+2

Report comment
(5y)

@ Sorry I didn't read instructions.

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@Teeny💋 You're quite alright. It's something we all do. :)

God
Report comment
(5y)

"Questions start with science, progress through philosophy, and are answered with religion."

Hide 2 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

@bondojoe Don't we have to name Teeny's first? Or is it just random order? (This is not a criticism, I'm honestly just inquiring.) :)

+3

Report comment
(5y)

@ Mine are both from the same person

+1

God
Report comment
(5y)

LOL! You're right! She is first..but I cheated again! Thw quote is mine. No one else said it. I just wanted to see what kind of reaction it would get. Ignore me... carry on!.

+2

Hide 4 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

@bondojoe LOL @ quoting yourself. haha

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@ LOL! OK! But they are the only quotes you don't know!

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@bondojoe That's only partially true. There are LOADS of other quotes that are new to me. Thankfully. I love learning. :)

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@ Me too! It pisses me off that I was born JUST smart enough to know that there are things I'm not getting...LOL!

expert
Report comment
(5y)

"I was thinking about how people seem to read the Bible a whole lot more as they get older; then it dawned on me - they're cramming for their final exam." <br> <br> "Atheism is a non-prophet organization." <br> <br> "Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet sweaty things" <br> <br> -All by the same great person

+2

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(5y)

@WhiteTrashPanda I recognized only one...but that was enough. 'Don't sweat the petty stuff" I'm an old dude. I've been listening to Carlin for years. This is one of my favorite rants of his... www.youtube.com/watch?v=rsL6mKxt...

+1

expert
Report comment
(5y)

Awesome, it seemed like a younger crowd so I wasn't sure if anyone would get it!!!! smiley He is my verbal king! <br>

+1

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(5y)

@WhiteTrashPanda He was respectful of the King's English, and it served him well. I miss him!

This topic has been closed.

Similar forum topics

FEEDBACK

Join 351,278 users who love movies and TV shows!

208,870 reviews • 122,463 films • 18,489 TV series