This site exists on your donations. Donate here
Switch theme
About Contact Log in Register!

351,278 users • 208,737 reviews
122,398 films • 18,478 TV series

Vegetarianism - reasons and benefits (1047 views, 23 replies)

This topic has been closed.

admin
Report comment
(6y)

Cons, pros of vegetarianism. I'm currently trying this type of diet/ideology and I like it. But I can't live without cheese, milk, eggs and fish. smiley <br> I think that this kind of nutrition is great and healthy. smiley <br> <br> Let's talk? smiley <br> <br> P.S. Please no stupid pics and trolling.

+4

Hide 6 replies...
Report comment
(6y)

@Dr.Evil Do you not class eating fish as part of your diet? Reason i ask is, every vegetarian i have met says it's okay to eat fish, me confused and can you blame me. smiley smiley <br> <br> If i had to go on a diet of one of the named above it would be milk. smiley nutrition* lots of.

Report comment
(6y)

@PureVodka🍺 Eating fish because I like fish. But not a big fan. <br> I like cheese and dairy a lot more.

Report comment
(6y)

@Dr.Evil You can try Adkins and just eat meat...lol I do agree that you need diary in your diet.

Report comment
(6y)

@Dr.Evil The government has launched the five-a-day campaign to persuade people to eat at least five portions of fruit and vegetables every day. Fruit and vegetables are packed with vitamins, minerals and fibre, as well as being low in calories, so are vital to a healthy diet. <br> stick to 5 a day

+1

Report comment
(6y)

@Dr.Evil Hi Dr. Evil, <br> <br> Awesome! I have been vegetarian for years. <br> <br> It is not really a diet, it is more like a livit. That was a joke live-it not die-it. Anyways, sorry, I make myself laugh sometimes! <br> <br> So if you eat fish that is pescaterianism, in Spanish, pesca, from the Latin piscis. <br> <br> Vegans do not consume dairy or eggs, hardcore ones don't consume honey or wear leather etc. <br> <br> Vegetarians can eat eggs and dairy. <br> <br> You can live without cheese, milk, eggs & fish, you just crave those things. Cravings can be overcome by just ignoring them. Some scientists think it is okay to give in to your cravings. Do whatever you want, you don't even have to call yourself anything, you can just say you are a person who chooses a plant based diet instead of calling yourself vegetarian or vegan or pescaterian. ...
Read more

+2

Report comment
(6y)

@nonamemanon Thank you so much! Yes I'm searching for scientific evidences first of all. I don't smoke and don't drink alcohol, now it's time to cut down other things. :)

master
Report comment
(6y)

Following... I am very interested in the answers. I am with you Dr. Evil, I could live without the meat but dairy products will be very hard to give up.

+1

Hide 2 replies...
Report comment
(6y)

@matesaca People in china don't eat dairy as I know.

+1

Report comment
(6y)

@Dr.Evil don't give up dairy as it increases your risk of penis cancer smiley <br> deniseminger.com/2010/06/20/a-cl...

+1

admin
Report comment
(6y)

+1

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(6y)

@Dr.Evil 16 gram fat smiley in one glass, are they talking about green top are raw?

admin
Report comment
(6y)

www.hsph.harvard.edu/nutritionso... <br> <br> Calcium is important. But milk isn’t the only, or even best, source. <br> <br> It’s not a news flash that calcium is key for healthy bones. Getting enough calcium from childhood through adulthood helps build bones up and then helps slow the loss of bone as we age. It’s not clear, though, that we need as much calcium as is generally recommended, and it’s also not clear that dairy products are really the best source of calcium for most people. <br> <br> While calcium and dairy can lower the risk of osteoporosis and colon cancer, high intake can increase the risk of prostate cancer and possibly ovarian cancer. <br> <br> Plus, dairy products can be high in saturated fat as well as retinol (vitamin A), which at high levels can paradoxically weaken bones. <br> <br> Good, non-dairy sources of calcium include collards, bok choy, fortified soy milk, baked beans, and supplements that contain both calcium and vitamin D (a better choice than taking calcium alone).

+1

admin
Report comment
(6y)

By the way what a nice movie What the Health: dosmovies.com/watch_movie/What_the_Healt....

God
Report comment
(6y)

What's your fav cheese and the strongest you like, most mature i know of is 5 strength, wish they did a 7-8 mature lol. smiley By the way i hate cheese that has salt added to it but i do like putting a little salt on " uncooked " cheese now and again, not toasted. smiley

top expert
Report comment
(6y)

I couldn't do it ... meat is literally the only thing I eat ... I'm an order a cheeseburger and throw out the bun kind of meat eater. <br> <br> But godspeed ... just don't become one of those self righteous vegans. Their the worst!

Hide 4 replies...
Report comment
(6y)

@captainhowdey Listen to your heart and think. Can you kill a cow to make a stake? How can you explain your children that your cat/dog is a friend but you are eating a chicken for a dinner? <br> <br> There are a lot of strange things in the world. We eat meat because we like the taste, that's it. <br> <br> Making a religion of what we eat? Hell no!

+1

Report comment
(6y)

@Dr.Evil i actually worked at a meat processing plant zapping pigs before they got stuck. killed roughly 6 to 7 thousand a night "8 hour shift" <br> <br> believe me when i say the slaughter is the easy part for them ... its the breeding and transporting that needs work. that's where most of the suffering takes place. <br> <br> but I'm also a realist .. if you think any lives matter or that anything anyone will ever do will matter or anyone's suffering will count your only fooling yourself. <br> <br> get back to me in 5 billion years when all this is gone with not a trace of dust left to show for it. and tell me what matters <br> <br> edit for disclaimer: this is just my opinion

+1

Report comment
(6y)

@captainhowdey Yes I undestand that because I still eat meat. But more I know - less I want to eat it.

Report comment
(6y)

@captainhowdey Been saying the same thing for YEARS! <br> We are in the 6th mass extinction, but the planet will still be here after we are gone. The planet will be here 'til it gets eaten by our star (i.e. sun). <br> <br> Oh and that is NUTS that you worked in a CAFO. Truly fascinating. I would love to pick your brain on your experiences.

admin
Report comment
(6y)

Hide 2 replies...
Report comment
(6y)

@Dr.Evil Rad. Thanks for this video too, Dr. Evil. Did you check out the site I recommened in my reply up above, nutritionfacts.org? Dr. Michael Gregor is fun to listen to. Very funny. <br> <br> One bad thing about him that I just read is that he was on Dr. Oz and Oprah. Gah, they are not my favourite people, I don't like them at all. Although a lot of people tend to enjoy them and I admit they have done some very good things. I just have issues with things they have said. <br> <br> I hope you check it out and enjoy that site and yeah like everything, "take it with a grain of salt" as the saying goes. <br> <br> Plus, I think it is admirable that you care about what you are eating and how that affects your body. A lot of people do not seem to care, although it seems like more care now than a decade ago, or maybe it is more awareness, who knows I am not a sociologist!

Report comment
(6y)

@nonamemanon Thanks for the site. Yes I've seen a couple of videos with Dr. Michael Gregor. <br> <br> Yes people don't care right before they become SICK. But it will be too late. ;)

admin
Report comment
(6y)

<br> <br> Another very interesting piece of information about plants and animals that we eat. A lot of science. smiley

This topic has been closed.

Similar forum topics

FEEDBACK

Join 351,278 users who love movies and TV shows!

208,737 reviews • 122,398 films • 18,478 TV series