This site exists on your donations. Donate here
Switch theme
About Contact Log in Register!

351,278 users • 208,740 reviews
122,405 films • 18,479 TV series

Strange and Surprising Foods Pets Crave (532 views, 34 replies)

This topic has been closed.

God
Report comment
(5y)

My cat loves hummus.

I mean LOVES hummus. She won't leave me alone when I have some.

Personally, I find that really strange, but apparently other cat parents have found the same happens.

What (seemingly) unusual food does your pet crave?

+3

guru
Report comment
(5y)

My wifes cat ( well... sort of, he preferred blokes ) was a green olive freak. He used to walk to the local M&S branch with me and sit patiently outside the door, then get all excited on the walk home because he knew I would have bought his two favourites... prawns [ she got him started on those ] and green olives which I introduced him to. Never liked black olives though ~ my favourite! <br> I watched him eat a couple of white grapes one afternoon so there must be something in "green" fruit that appealed to him. Sadly Vincent died back in 2003 aged 18 <br>

+1

Hide 4 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

@gallanted PS I wouldn't leave you alone if you've got hummus :) <br> I've just had to go and get some out of the fridge

+3

Report comment
(5y)

@gallanted Wow, that's unusual as well!

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@ I could walk across a ten acre common outside our house and whistle and within a couple of minutes he would appear by my side. <br> He used to walk with me in West London and never stray. I'd taken him for whole afternoon walks and people used to go gaga at the way he behaved. He would sit at the curbside until I stepped off it... now I'm getting a bit choked up <br>

+3

Report comment
(5y)

@gallanted All of my kitties have followed me when I go for walks and come when I call for them. Peopme who do not invest emotional energy into kitty companions don't understand that they do these things. My current kitty daughter meows when I whistle a specific pattern - - every time, no matter how many times I repeat it. :). Thank you for sharing your lovely experiences.

+5

guru
Report comment
(5y)

My black cat, Azrael, who we lost last year to an idiot driver was obsessed with mushrooms, would hook them straight out of the punnet, lol ;)

+2

Hide 3 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

@LissaDarkmoon🌘 and would eat them? or just toys? <br>

+2

Report comment
(5y)

@gallanted He would eat them, raw, cooked, he loved them both ways, lol ;) I miss that cat!

Report comment
(5y)

@LissaDarkmoon🌘 LOL mushrooms have been a thing with cats of mine as well. :)

+2

guru
Report comment
(5y)

I had a dog that loved frozen peas.

+3

Hide 3 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

@Azishael Like, fully frozen? Not even defrosted? haha that's really cute.

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@ Yep, straight out of the freezer. She would often gallop in when we opened the freezer and sniff around. If we happened to have peas out we drop a few and she'd be all over them.

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@Azishael I love that behaviour. It's so honest and fearless. <br> <br> What breed of dog(s) was she?

guru
Report comment
(5y)

Heinz 57. A little yip yip ankle biter dog.

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(5y)

@Azishael LOL "Heinz 57" Mighty name. Some breed of Terrier? They are very loyal. :)

guru
Report comment
(5y)

Yeah a cross breed of dogs that are about maybe a foot tall give or take. Some kind of Terrier.

+1

God
Report comment
(5y)

My terrier loves pickles or anything pickled (beets, eggs, etc.) My husband seems to always be eating something with vinegar and it is like the smellier it is the more he wants it...that includes my husband as well...lol smiley

+1

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(5y)

@Teeny💋 Wow, the pickled thing isn't something I've ever run across. That's wild! :)

+1

senior guru

Ms Frankie the Siamese loves cake and pastry. My Son and I both love cinnamon danish swirls, so if I get one for me I'll get one for him, and vice versa. For a while he and I were constantly accusing each other "did you eat yours and the one I bought for me" before I happened to catch Frankie tucking in. Which involved her opening the packet, removing the pastry and carrying it off to a corner of the room.

+1

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(5y)

@⭐️janerosity⭐️ :) :) I also had a cat with a sweet tooth. His name was Boo and he was a huge Maine Coon cat. I discovered he liked powdered sugar donuts... After he helped himself without my knowing to a fresh box... I only figured it out because he had white powdered sugar all over his entire face (he was a long haired fluffy, black cat). He tried to act really casual like he knew nothing, but he had white all over his fluffy face!! It was actually really funny. <br> <br> Thanks for sharing your experience and remind g me of my wonderful Boo. :)

+1

senior guru

HAhahaha. That's so funny. Many times cat's of mine have sat there with that "wasn't me" look, whilst the evidence was either on them or scattered all over the floor. <br> I've also had a Maine Coon, his name was Weazle, funny funny boy. Lived for 23 years ! But in all those years never worked out that if it was raining outside the front door it was also raining outside the back door, the kitchen window and the bathroom window. <br> Or that wasn't actually MY FAULT that it was raining in the first place.

+2

top expert
Report comment
(5y)

My mates Dalmatian would eat anything, he once ate a full bag of marijuana then ate a full Toblerone, we found him in room watching TV next to a big bag of crisps he had ripped open haha. Loved that dog, he was the best looking Dalmatian ive ever seen, if you look at the top of his left front leg you can see one of his spots is a perfect heart. <br> <br> <br>

+1

Hide 3 replies...

@Nopey Aww his heart :) Friend of mine once baked some hash cakes, left them to cool and then her little terrier ate the lot. Then slept for 3 days.

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@Nopey What a beautiful dog! He's got freckles! And his heart spot is so wonderful! :) I'd eat a full Toblerone too if I ate a full bag of pot. haha

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@ @Nopey - Ditto what RB said all the awww's iz ryte. I couldn't see his heart on phone screen, sooo cute! Def s'moar awwwww's are in order imho. js

master
Report comment
(5y)

Our 13yo abyssinian will chew thru a finger to grab a Hot Cheetos. When he leaves this earth... gotta gather my wits 'n send him off in a bed of cheetos. Love that cat hardcore lemmetellya. Tho his mother was a showgirl, he prefers motorcycles. <br>

+1

Hide 4 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

@(⌐■_■) He's staring down road - and that's pavement behind us.

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@(⌐■_■) I have had one Abyssinian in my life ever. They are an unusual breed to find in need of rescue (the main reason for me)... she was an un-spayed female and she was the most energetic cat I've ever had experience of! Your fella looks lovely. Little hot Cheeto lover! lol

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@ His momma was acquired by my sister as a foundation breeder. But, when they stopped by to see me from the airport (sharing joy) the kitten dove under my hair shivering, hanging on tenaciously, could not be coaxed to release. I opted to let her sleep with me quietly thru the night to settle and regain her nerve. However she never choose to leave and none of us had any designs on forcing her. So we arranged visits once a year to breed so proceeds and genetics could remain in the cattery. While I learned to raise and socialize fancy baby kittay'z! Our biker boy was the second male of his momma's first litter - delivered into my hands on my lap - and he too never left home. <br> His mum loved melons and cantelope. She'd haul a fat rind away and growl-gnaw like it was getting away. I know where her boy got that wild cheetos face! lol

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@(⌐■_■) Awww. Lovely. :)

+1

master
Report comment
(5y)

<br> Knew I had a smoking gun someplace!

+1

Hide 2 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

@(⌐■_■) Nom, nom, nom!! :)

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@ YOU HEAR IT TOO?!? 0.0 <br> smiley

+1

master
Report comment
(5y)

[SPOILER]

+1

This topic has been closed.

Similar forum topics

FEEDBACK

Join 351,278 users who love movies and TV shows!

208,740 reviews • 122,405 films • 18,479 TV series