This site exists on your donations. Donate here
Switch theme
About Contact Log in Register!

351,278 users • 209,059 reviews
122,543 films • 18,492 TV series

"Recommended Recently" (592 views, 13 replies)

This topic has been closed.

God
Report comment
(5y)

I'd find it useful to know WHY a film was recommended recently.

Just a suggestion.

+3

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(5y)

@ CLARIFICATION:

The drop down selection of "Recommended Recently" under "More" .

I've notice that often times films with no comments, films that have just been released, and no one has viewed, often get chosen in that drop down menu.

I find that confusing. How can you recommend something you haven't watched?

master
Report comment
(5y)

I always just figured someone(me)reccomends a movie because we enjoyed it so much we want others to not miss it.

+7

Hide 2 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

@fortunate1 For older films, I get that. That's not what I meant, apologies, I should have clarified. There are recommends for multiple films that have just been released, or not even released yet, that no one would have watched when they were recommended.

I find that confusing. How can you recommend something you haven't watched?

I feel that members should only be able to use the "Recommended Recently" if they can write a comment about the film. They should be linked together.

Otherwise, it's a pointless tool and largely (not completely) attracts some who are using it as a way to get their name out there for whatever reason.

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@fortunate1 That's what i thought as well. I think it speaks for itself when a member adds a movie to "recommended recently" having to add a comment to recommend a film is asking a bit much. +1 Cheers!

+1

top expert
Report comment
(5y)

Not sure about anyone else but I normally leave a comment if I recommend a film.

+4

Hide 3 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

@honeyangel1962 +1 just leave a comment.

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@Dr.Evil How Weird is it that you're typing +1 because current rating matrix fails to represent? 0.0

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@honeyangel1962 I try to add comments but that would take forever to add to every film I ever watched and recommend others to watch because I think it's well worth watching.

guru
Report comment
(5y)

I tend to read comments. If the movie/show is worth me typing a comment. Well that is my opinion. It is up to others to decide on their own opinion. BUT the comments section has saved me from heaps of really bad movies. 5 mins in then skip to 20 mins. If the comment confirms.
I agree it helps when making a comment when you say why. Like "It was crass as the flashing lights may cause hypothermia!"
smiley smiley

+1

God
Report comment
(5y)

I should clarify:

The drop down selection of "Recommended Recently" under "More" .

I've notice that often times films with no comments, films that have just been released and no one has viewed, often get chosen in that drop down menu.

I'find that confusing.

+2

Hide 2 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

@ I used to use that section all the time but it seems as if some ppl just go thru and recommend movies that have just been added all at one time. There's no way they could have watched all those movies already to recommend them. I find it confusing too. I don't use it as much as I used to bc of that exact reason.

+2

Report comment
(5y)

@rickgrimesrocks That's exactly what I'm referring to.

I think you should only be able to use the "Recommended Recently" if you can write a comment about the film. They should be linked together.

Otherwise, it's a pointless tool and largely (not completely) attracts some who are using it as a way to get their name out there for whatever reason.

+2

senior master
Report comment
(5y)

smiley Glad this thread exists so I can share some views of my own smiley

I think it's important to keep these few things in mind:

- Do not assume that a member who has recommended films, has not watched them first.

- Not everyone wants to write a review for every single film they have watched and the reasons for this vary but it's a personal choice that should not be dictated.

- When a film is just added here on two-movies as "New Movie Releases", it does not mean it's "NEW" to everyone. I have seen many films in either Cinema or other sites be it pirated or not, way before the links were ever added here so when I see them added , I then recommend them on here for other members who have a similar interest in films as I do. It's appreciated far more than it is not.

- Do not assume that a film is new just because it may be new to you.

- When it comes to which films are good or bad is ALL an opinion to the viewer. I may find a low- budget b-movie a 5 star film (which I often do) meanwhile another member's experience of it is 0/5 but that's the beauty of being an individual - we all like different things and that's awesome. Rate things based on how YOU see them and don't concern oneself about other's rating or tastes in films.
Read more

+3

This topic has been closed.

Similar forum topics

FEEDBACK

Join 351,278 users who love movies and TV shows!

209,059 reviews • 122,543 films • 18,492 TV series