This site exists on your donations. Donate here
Switch theme
About Contact Log in Register!

351,278 users • 208,889 reviews
122,472 films • 18,489 TV series

How to Remove recommended movie from profile? (1122 views, 31 replies)

This topic has been closed.

top expert
Report comment
(5y)

Somehow I have a movie in my profile as "recommended", and do not approve and wish to remove it.

Thanks very much for any help.

+2

God
Report comment
(5y)

Just choose something else and make a note on the film that you did it by error, if you really want to make sure no one associates the recommendation.

That's another reason WHY I feel that when members recommend films, they should have a few words about it.

I don't think it can be removed completely, but I could be wrong.

Ask Doc? (Dr. Evil)

+2

admin
Report comment
(5y)

I think that we will redo this. We will add a "recommended playlist" instead. I'm not sure about when we are going to do it...

+4

Hide 19 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

@Dr.Evil I like that idea!

I do like the "Recommended Recently" my main complaint about it still is that many, many times things are recommended but there are no comments on the film, which for me are vital in choosing something to watch.

Yes, I've friends that have similar tastes, but I also differ many times and appreciate knowing WHY someone likes something. I may or may not be in the mood for certain elements at different times.

Can recommending be a choice you make when you write a comment?

Such as, when you write your comment you choose whether or not to recommend it?

Just an idea. :)

+4

Report comment
(5y)

@ I am not advocating FORCING anyone to do anything.

It's helpful to know why for me, and the choice to recommend the film when a comment/review is written is a very concise way of accomplishing two things.

And if it's film that you've not seen, the member can say that and that they anticipate it will be a good film.

SIMPLE. EASY. INFORMATIVE.

+2

Report comment
(5y)

@Dr.Evil How about a clear opinion like you can do with " Recently viewed movies ", where it will be left blank are with a few ... etc

+2

Report comment
(5y)

@PureVodka🍺 I don't understand, PV?

I'm not being cheeky, can you explain a wee bit more to me so I understand?

Thank you! :)

+2

Report comment
(5y)

@ Scroll to the bottom of the page " Recently viewed movies ", welcome. :)

+2

Report comment
(5y)

@PureVodka🍺 I understand where that is and I've used it, but what is it that you want done with it is my question.

:)

+2

Report comment
(5y)

@ ...Clear Option...
Sorry i don't know how to explain it better then that. :)

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@PureVodka🍺 Do you mean have the selection to recommend at the bottom of the page?

If I understand then I'd know whether or not I agree.

Right now, I just don't understand (it's probably just me, not you). :)

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@ Yes i agree, i think it is just you. :)

+2

Report comment
(5y)

@PureVodka🍺 Lol I don't mind admitting that. :)

Delamitri explained what you're asking for and I totally agree!!

Haha took me long enough - - I was using the word clear in a different way, like "clear instructions", ie, understandable, and I didnt know what instructions were being referred to.

:p

+3

Report comment
(5y)

@PureVodka🍺 I think "How about a clear opinion like ..."

should be

"How about a clear OPTION like...

+2

Report comment
(5y)

@..box.. Ah ha! I'm really tired today (honestly, I didn't sleep much last night) and didn't even notice that but my brain definitely registered it!

Now I understand how I messed up! lol

+3

Report comment
(5y)

@..box.. I think Admin will understand what i suggested.

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@PureVodka🍺 It sounds like a good idea. Where are all the recommented titles kept on our profiles?

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@..box.. In Between birthdate and fan of.

+2

Report comment
(5y)

@PureVodka🍺 but does it not change when you make another one - but it goes on the film page - I see now

+2

Report comment
(5y)

@PureVodka🍺 I think anyone with half a brain can understand what you were trying to say was a simple typo which we all make ;) and I agree that having an option to clear it will help.

Cheers!

Report comment
(5y)

@PureVodka🍺 Of course Doc does.

Like I wrote, I was really tired and Delamitri helped me to understand.

If you interpreted my not understanding as being critical, please be assured I was not doing that.

I was really tired and just wanted to understand because I value your opinion.

+3

Report comment
(5y)

@Dr.Evil Is it permanently gone from profiles now so we will no longer have the option to add a film to our profile for others to find and watch?

oh that's too bad if so.

master
Report comment
(5y)

It would be magnificent to be able to Un-recommend; as i am guilty of pressing by mistake in some titles i want to add to a "watch later" list instead when browsing.

+3

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(5y)

@R3VENANT Exactly! :)

+4

senior master
Report comment
(5y)

I am also guilty of accidentally clicking the recommendation button sometimes, so it would be of great benefit if we had that option to "clear it" otherwise I love this feature and use it often to not only recommend films I have seen but also to find them from others.

Not everyone likes to write reviews or even read them, so this is a good option to have as a way to easily say HEY CHECK OUT THIS FLICK!

Forcing users to write a review in order to recommend a film is dictatorship and no bueno.

+2

senior master
Report comment
(5y)

Oh ...

On a side note, it would be great if there was an option to Recommend TV Shows ;)

Just saying.

+3

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(5y)

@3UN01A Agreed. smiley

+2

God
Report comment
(5y)

@TraderX: To answer your query -

TraderX (2 days ago)

"Somehow I have a movie in my profile as "recommended", and do not approve and wish to remove it.

Thanks very much for any help."

If you go to the film that is recommended, put the cursor over "thumbs up" icon and it should say "Delete from Recommended List" select it and it will be deleted.

Hide 4 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

@ Not yet. Still working on it.

Report comment
(5y)

@Dr.Evil Really?

It worked on a film I just recommended and unrecommended and then recommended again?

Or does it just appear like it's working?

EDIT: OOOPS I SEE THAT I can unrecommend, but it doesn't actually take it off of the "Recommended Recently" or my Profile.

SO BACK TO SELECTING ANOTHER FILM TO REMOVE IT FROM MY PROFILE.

Thanks Doc. :)

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@ What was the name of that herbal tea you drink? 🍄😲

Just messing. ;)

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@PureVodka🍺 Lol. It seemed like it was working and I got all excited.

+2

This topic has been closed.

Similar forum topics

FEEDBACK

Join 351,278 users who love movies and TV shows!

208,889 reviews • 122,472 films • 18,489 TV series