This site exists on your donations. Donate here
Switch theme
About Contact Log in Register!

351,278 users • 208,864 reviews
122,457 films • 18,488 TV series

Please Help An Anime Virgin (951 views, 8 replies)

This topic has been closed.

top expert
Report comment
(6y)

I have never watched anime before (Does the Legend of Aang/Korra count?) but I find myself strongly compelled to watch one by the name of Layton's Mystery Detective Agency.

However, it is in Japanese :|
The episodes come out every Sunday on YouTube (other places too, possibly, but I don't know any anime sites), but are not translated.

How can I watch them without learning Japanese or is that one of the Top 10 Secrets that the Liberal Media is Hiding from Me, with Number 7 SHOCKING Me?

Hide 2 replies...
Report comment
(6y)

@Kitala Hey just go to Duolingo and choose Japanese if you want to learn some basic words and sentences for free, multiple languages there, learning spanish now for free.

+1

Report comment
(6y)

@♱SKY♱ It's really come a long ways, that app. I use it along with some books and stuff. If anyone wants to know what I use, LMK. I got some kine stuff and it REALLY is helpful. (My girls full Japanese, lives Japan, so I'm trying to learn so we can communicate better, lols). I feel like That movie, 'Lost in Translation' allot when we try talk. smiley

top expert
Report comment
(6y)

Just look for English sub version at Kissanime or 9anime

+3

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(6y)

@GeorgieAlwaysWins There's also Animefreak.tv which is decent.

+1

Report comment
(6y)

theres something called dubs and subs. i do believe subs is when they speak in japanese, but have english subtitles and dub is when they speak in english with a very bad translator.

+2

master
Report comment
(6y)

Watch Death Note without a doubt. smiley You can hear it in English. or dubbed. <br> There is amimation here so look here first for it. Also, Ghost in the Shell is also a great one. Then watch the movie 2017.

+1

master
Report comment
(6y)

Most of the animes here have a link containing the sub/dub version of what you're watching. If not, you can go and add them to the video you are watching via subsites. I have some posted on my wall. If you're trying to get into anime, I get one huge playlist to get you going in my lists.

+1

Report comment
(5y)

smiley Here are some good places to start with your anime fix. Just remember that not every anime has been put in to english. Some anime are eng subs and not dubbed. I tried to list a few places that have dubbed anime for you. dubbedanime.net justanimedubbed.tv watchcartoonsonline.com justdubbedanimedownloads.net smiley smiley

This topic has been closed.

Similar forum topics

FEEDBACK

Join 351,278 users who love movies and TV shows!

208,864 reviews • 122,457 films • 18,488 TV series