This site exists on your donations. Donate here
Switch theme
About Contact Log in Register!

351,278 users • 208,885 reviews
122,472 films • 18,489 TV series

Eric Clapton has turned 78 today. Happy birthday Eric (317 views, 31 replies)

This topic has been closed.

master

+4

senior master
Report comment
(1y)

I am not a fan of his music, or his life, but Happy Birthday to an icon! smiley smiley

+3

Hide 15 replies...

@DontSpeak I have to disagree, he has contributed so much to the music industry. Also my Dad is a musician and the same age so I feel a fatherly fibe towards him. It was another time and most certainly a different era. I do respect your opinion and thanks for your comment

+1

Report comment
(1y)
(edited)

@💛Yellow_rose1💛 My opinion has nothing to do with his musical ability or skill. It's personal tastes, for the simple reason that I don't enjoy his music. (I also strongly disliked the song "Cocaine".)

Again, nothing to do with skill or ability; personal tastes, so nothing to agree or disagree about.

Like I wrote, Happy Birthday to an icon (which means I acknowledge his contributions in the music industry). smiley

You're father must be very accomplished. x

+2

@DontSpeak I wasn't trying to put words in your mouth, I knew you meant you didn't like that kind of music. We are from a different generation my dear so I get that. Now back to my Dad he is very accomplished. He made records for RCA in the 60's so I grew up with that music. love ya

+2

Report comment
(1y)

@💛Yellow_rose1💛 I know you weren't. smiley I was clarifying.

I am quite eclectic in musical tastes. I just never really liked most of his stuff, for some undefined reason.

Your father made records for RCA? How cool is that? smiley

+2

@DontSpeak His band was called the Esquires. They are from Ottawa Ontario. He opened for the Rolling Stones, the Beach Boys and for the Dave Clark five. There are others but those were the big ones. My dad and his band are on Wikipedia. Most people don't believe me but that's ok. I know I'm not delusional

+1

Report comment
(1y)
(edited)
+1

Report comment
(1y)
(edited)

@DontSpeak I'll send you other songs that my Dad sang, this was after he split and formed Don Norman and the other four. I forgot to say thank you by the way

+1

@💛Yellow_rose1💛 My Dad's second band from the sixties. I'm so proud of him. This band is called Don Norman and the other Four

+1

Report comment
(1y)

@💛Yellow_rose1💛 This is so cool! I love the energy!

+1

Report comment
(1y)

@💛Yellow_rose1💛 Thanx,i didnt know it was his bday.I love his music and especially the song he made for his son"Tears in Heaven".

+1

@tyetoes OH dear yes that song makes me cry every time I hear it

+1

Report comment
(1y)

@tyetoes Tears In Heaven is a great song. I can identify with it.

+1

senior master
Report comment
(1y)

Those were the days of my youth. smiley

+3

Hide 3 replies...
Report comment
(1y)
(edited)

@Bread&Circuses Yes me too. The cocaine was incredible back in those days too. Well that what I've heard hehe

+2

Report comment
(1y)
+2

@tyetoes yes that is another great one

+2

guru
Report comment
(1y)

Well, Happy Birthday, Mate!

I used to call my "Music Project" Erich Klopfton- I took his name and germanyfied it to my needs.

It was good for a smile after they got the joke so I went with it.

+3

senior master
Report comment
(1y)

I saw him long ago in Cream, one of the greatest groups ever.

+3

Hide 6 replies...
Report comment
(1y)
+1

Report comment
(1y)

@Bread&Circuses I'm so glad, I'm so glad,I'm so glad, I'm glad I'm glad I'm glad.
Oh they don't write 'em like that anymore!

+2

@Buttless I'm so glad to hear this today. Thanks for the post

@Buttless Oh wow you are so lucky Cream is amazing

Report comment
(1y)

@💛Yellow_rose1💛 Cream were 3 of the best rock musicians ever.
Eric Clapton became the most famous, but Jack Bruce was an accomplished classical musician. Watch him play a fretless bass guitar, not as backing rhythm but actually playing music on it. And Ginger Baker; crazy but huge talent on the drums.

+1

@Buttless oh sure Bakers drumming is always brought up in conversation with other famous drummers.

master

Hide 2 replies...

@💛Yellow_rose1💛 I know it may seem strange to say this considering this is about Eric, but I prefer Bob Dylan's version well he wrote it but you all know what I mean

+1

Report comment
(1y)

@💛Yellow_rose1💛 That's how I feel. smiley

This topic has been closed.

Similar forum topics

FEEDBACK

Join 351,278 users who love movies and TV shows!

208,885 reviews • 122,472 films • 18,489 TV series