351,278 users • 208,254 reviews
122,251 films • 18,445 TV series

Discord chat? (4883 views, 91 replies)

This topic has been closed.

admin
Report comment
(2y)
(edited)

What do you think about creating an official DosMovies discord chat?

P.S. Already here: discord.gg/pyA524FTpb
Feel free to join)

+9

senior master
Report comment
(2y)

I think that in (+): It's an all platform game for us hating android and winos.
(-): You gotta hire Drogo so JD can ride him and Dracarys the fussy situations that will come along

+1

master
Report comment
(2y)

It depends what you mean by Discord chat?

+2

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(2y)

@jackes I guess Doc meant a discord server just for all of us and maybe bring other members aboard.

+1

not currently using discord but i am willing to

top expert
Report comment
(2y)

i`d use it provided its well moderated and none of the conspiracy crap thats often posted in chat ( where it doesnt belong) is a big no-no.

+7

Hide 6 replies...
Report comment
(2y)

@Stickmanuk I assume you aren't affiliated with Discord at all. Each Discord server has different channels and each channel is created for a specific topic. If they made a politics/conspiracy channel in a Dos Movies server, just don't go to that channel.

+7

Report comment
(2y)

@Stickmanuk I would consider it a splinter group that will weaken the awful.. and you know.

+1

Report comment
(2y)
+1

top expert
Report comment
(2y)

There's no way OG users of 2movies are gonna keep hate and politics off of a discord channel and keep it about tv and movies. just no way lol.

+4

Hide 11 replies...
Report comment
(2y)

@RealitvJunkee They can't keep hate off of anywhere. There will always be Trolls. But as long as they have moderators, the moderators can keep different topics in specific channels of the server.

+5

Report comment
(2y)

@RealitvJunkee Why not just open another channel like the .. .anysubject.com Same thing. It will splinter. That is good.

+1

senior master
Report comment
(2y)
(edited)

Just for the chatroom? That would be good. At first I thought you meant for the forum in general.

+1

senior guru
Report comment
(2y)

Man... I can tell a lot of yall don't know nothing about Discord. We got some boomers here, lmao.

+3

top expert
Report comment
(2y)

I think that would be a great Idea. I use it daily and love it. @Penelope416 explained it perfect.

+3

God
Report comment
(2y)

Sounds interesting! But this site is already the BEST! Thank you Doc💋💋💋💋💋

+2

top expert
Report comment
(2y)

@Penelope416 thats a bit of a generalisation. i mod some of these.

+1

master
Report comment
(2y)

I've never heard of discord, not sure it makes me a boomer just someone who does not spend whole life pouting or posting whole life on the internet, I do however spend most of my life here, there are a lot of people here who do know what it is and if they want it and would use it I say go for it, maybe one day I'll give it a go, only with the most simplest of instructions on how. lol.

+8

senior guru
Report comment
(2y)

I've only heard of it in passing. Don't really know anything about it and have never used it.

Willing to learn though so if it will add to the fun, please do. smiley

+2

skilled
Report comment
(2y)
(edited)

I have Discord for gaming purposes, a lot of the people that know about it, know about it from gaming. I'm only going to use it for that purpose. I've seen the forums briefly before. I appreciate the thought, no thank you.

+2

Hide 3 replies...
Report comment
(2y)

@Empress_Sheba👑 Discord is primarily for Twitch steamers. What I wonder about is why Doc would think he could pick up business on Discord?

+1

Report comment
(2y)

@ginger666 May have just thought it was a cool idea for people who want to chat verbally as well as text. I don't know really.

+1

Report comment
(2y)

@Empress_Sheba👑 There was a decent chat box here.. a couple of years ago. The fighting about Trump/English Defence League supporters and paedophilia made them branch into.. any subject.com?
Twitch is for gamers. Making a video while playing a computer game. Discord, I am on over 30 pages, is for creators. Art, writing and video making to share editing skills and music.

+2

guru
Report comment
(2y)

The chat here has done so well. And the anysubject.com? I am in full support of this. I love Discord! No need for moderators. smiley

+2

Hide 2 replies...

admin
Report comment
(2y)

Okay what about Telegram? Do you use it or not?

+1

Hide 6 replies...
Report comment
(2y)

@Dr.Evil In your own opinion this is antiquated. smiley

Report comment
(2y)

@ginger666 why do you think so?

Report comment
(2y)

@Dr.Evil It is a spinoff of Parlour, no American, Parlor. Have you thought about contacting someone on YouTube? That makes movie videos and how to get them online. Just doing my best for you.

Report comment
(2y)

@Dr.Evil I use Telegram for contact with one of my friends. He’s quite savvy regarding communication methods.
He is very suspicious of WhatsApp and will not use it.
I find it very similar to whattsap. Hardly any differences at all.

+1

Report comment
(2y)

@Dr.Evil backlinko.com/telegram-users

"Telegram currently has 500 million monthly active users. An increase of 25% in less than a year."

+1

Report comment
(2y)

@PureVodka🍺 Well then, Drink UP!

senior master
Report comment
(2y)

Oh well, my humble opinion is that any chat server (Game, Musical, news, e.t.c) got issues of political, sexual, criminal e.t.c character. Many mods use a TOS service and behavior that leaves the clients "carrying the burden of their own security" . The new chat, as suggested, will be supervised from the mods of discord and following it's main TOS. OK, but it will be connected with Dosmovies so it puts the Main site in the same frame of it's clients behavior. Isn't this complicating things? Or is it just taking off responsibility? This would have 2 possible results: either will lose clients from disappointment for the moderation or it would add on more load on the already engaged moderators in Dosmovies. This is what i mean "JD to ride Drogon". I think i wasn't quite understood on my first msg

+1

Hide 4 replies...
Report comment
(2y)

@Nasos I agree! There really is no reason for a Discord Chat branch. It has failed here.

+1

top expert
Report comment
(2y)

We should also think about an Onlyfans page. Just throwing ideas is all.

+3

top expert
Report comment
(2y)

Can we also do something about the ratings system for example someone watches 20 minutes of a show/movie and decide to give it a low rating. If u want to complain about it that’s cool but u don’t have to give a rating it screws up the system

Hide 4 replies...
Report comment
(2y)

@Chicago_fan give it a proper rating, more people rate = better rating

Report comment
(2y)

@Chicago_fan The only thing fair is for them to say.. I only saw half of it and it was torture. Which happens a lot if you see everything.. almost. I don't leave reviews for movies I did not see to the end. But I would not discard anyone who said.. It was so bad I had/wanted to stop. I appreciate anything someone will toss up. smiley

master
Report comment
(2y)

I like commenting on movies, and, of course, reading reviews. I am more interested in watching the movies and tv shows on DosMovies than I am in joining another social media platform to hang out in. So I will have to pass on joining Discord Chat.

+3

guru
Report comment
(2y)

Will a discord site attract more users to this site? That would be helpful for Dos Movies! I come here for movies and TV and admit, spend far too many hours of my life here, but its what I have right now. Man, I love this site! What I don't love is seeing hate speech or the promottion of alternative facts every time. I wish the chat space was only on the home page. I have to train my eyes not to look at it as it is a moving image and the our biology of our human eyes just have to look, what if it's a lion or a bear? OMG it is! Don't look! Don't look! It really, truly, truly doesn't mean any harm, right?

I am still in training not to look at AnySubj but sometimes the articles, especially science, are just too fabu!

If the count of more users would be greater than the cost increase for the site developers, then go for it. More hate will come though as it seems, to me, that haters only want to hate, gripe, whine and strut, strut, strut. There will be a new place for them to do that. When you are happy, and just want to watch the new episode of your new, new favorite show, then the rest of it is just there to be ignored.
Read more

+1

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(2y)

@alicefell Hey, 2 years ago.. there was not a splinter here. The anysubject.com addition was about hate speech not allowed in the other main box, which is dead. Practically. They have not worked out how to cover this up yet. I am on Discord. It has possibilities. Keep in touch. smiley

+2

senior guru
Report comment
(2y)

We lost quite a bit of users when this website started going through changes (like changing the links to movies or episodes) I think a Discord would bring more members to this website.

See people like me might search for movie clubs on Disboard.com or a Discord Server website. Plus by having a Discord, the moderators in the server can give people roles so people can be pinged anytime. We could even have movie nights where we can all join a room and watch a movie SIMULTANEOUSLY and you can ping everyone who wants to watch a movie together.

Not only can it be a movie server, but there can also be MOVIE NIGHTs from time to time.

+4

top expert
Report comment
(2y)

Any site like this, that tries to spread user base ends up shut down. I'd be careful. And a discord? Really? What would be the actual point? What would it accomplish that chat already hasn't?

+4

master
Report comment
(2y)

I think it is a great idea. Been using it for years now.

+1

Report comment
(2y)

I think it would be a great idea. Iknowsome are against it but it is easy to handle trolls. An the thought of movie night good be fun.

admin
Report comment
(2y)
(edited)

Okay now you may join our Discord server here: discord.gg/pyA524FTpb

top expert
Report comment
(2y)
(edited)

Discord have just updated and are strictly adhering to a zero tolerance policy on any form of piracy. if anyone streams or links to anything piracy related the discord will get pretty much instantly shut down.

+2

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(2y)

@Stickmanuk we don't post piracy there so it's ok

master
Report comment
(2y)

It's a platform I have used in the past (To watch pay per view football and boxing for free).
If you haven't noticed I am not really into chatting or Friends as most of my free time is consumed by watching stuff (Now summer is here I am doing less of that, as the garden is a more interesting place)
Maybe it's something I would use in the future if you set it up.

God
Report comment
(2y)

47 Have joined now, will it be 50 or more before the day is out.

senior master
Report comment
(2y)

I looked in, no-one there, nothing happening.

Report comment
(2y)

invite doesnt work for me

+1

Hide 2 replies...
Report comment
(2y)

@stabby Me neither, says it's expired.

Report comment
(2y)

@Bluedaisy The link on the top right works

God
Report comment
(2y)

79 On there now.

guru
Report comment
(2y)

Wow your Discord is thriving... 😂

Hide 1 reply...

Report comment
(2y)

Can anyone tell me why someone (Policeman) is always in casual dress and other guys in their uniform? Just to show him extra ordinary? This had potential to showcase in better way but I personally think it failed. The actors look like drunk farm boys they randomly picked up in the countryside to do this movies and complete copy paste from Hollywood tom boy movies.

But if you have free time and energy go and watch it, but frankly speaking netflix is the platform where people expect more than what expect so it is disappointing.

Hide 2 replies...
Report comment
(2y)

@xxxlliillxxx I think you clicked on the wrong forum. This is a not movie review thread. smiley

Report comment
(2y)

@michael59 Hmm. Thanks for the advise.

+1

God
Report comment
(2y)

100 On there now.

Hide 3 replies...

master
Report comment
(2y)

UP Monty Phython the name alone gives away the fact that it is a satire, comedy that sucks no matter who is in it or not.

God
Report comment
(2y)

116 On there now.

This topic has been closed.

Similar forum topics

FEEDBACK

Join 351,278 users who love movies and TV shows!

208,254 reviews • 122,251 films • 18,445 TV series