This site exists on your donations. Donate here
Switch theme
About Contact Log in Register!

351,278 users • 208,829 reviews
122,446 films • 18,486 TV series

Cannot Downvote or Report Comments (633 views, 14 replies)

This topic has been closed.

senior guru
Report comment
(5y)

I cannot downvote comments. At all. The downvote and report buttons do not do anything. It has been like this since the beginning of August at least. I am using iOS iPhone 8 and iPad mini 4. Please fix this.

Hide 8 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

@ditzygypsy If you like a comment , thank the commenter with a reply .
If you dislike , tell them why .

The anonymous like/dislike is an easily abused system .

+2

Report comment
(5y)

@Mark83x I've just [SPOILER] your comment. ;)

Report comment
(5y)

@PureVodka🍺 I think you misinterpreted what i meant by disliking the anonymous vote . But ty for being so considerate you sarcastic fak,lol

Report comment
(5y)

@Mark83x I posted below what it is I downvote, and explained that. I also cannot use “Report”, as I stated above.

Report comment
(5y)

@ditzygypsy Boys play with their toys... and that's what this is.

+2

admin
Report comment
(5y)

[SPOILER]

+1

Hide 2 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

@Dr.Evil Yes me, i've just downvoted yours. smiley

senior guru
Report comment
(5y)

I haven’t wanted to use it since I first inquired about it over two months ago. I am not afraid to voice my opinion, whether it is a like or dislike of a comment, but I had only used it for really stupid sexual comments, or comments that were obviously harassing someone just for having a different opinion (bullies), or obvious racial slurs, and those comments are usually made by weirdos, and I might not want a weirdo having a reason to troll me. Plus, it’s often pointless to engage them anyhow, but even still, I thought it was ok to use it (downvote) judiciously. I have not even wanted to downvote something for quite some time, AND I also cannot REPORT the comment. So it’s not ok for me to be able to downvote. But it is ok for everyone else? I had the balls to make my request public, and it seems that has compelled apparent anti-downvoters come out of the woodwork. One reason that I made it public is in case I am not the only user who is having this issue.

+1

Hide 2 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

@ditzygypsy It seems that there has been a "downvoting war" between some popular seeking factions on the site who have misused the function to get one up on their rivals without having to actually cross words. It seems these drama kings/queens considered it unfair that their comments were in the red (so to speak) and caused a huge sh+tstorm forcing a change and claiming that there was a silent majority in favour of this change. I missed the questionnaire on the subject myself and now the storm has died down because no one can see/is allowed to see negative numbers on comments. The useless comments remain useless and even grow in size. It is a bit like the Wizard of Oz - the tricks are behind the curtain and the Wicked Witches/Wizards are happy with the status quo. Long may peace reign.

+3

Report comment
(5y)

@ditzygypsy What do you mean you can't report a comment? There's a (!) symbol. Click on it.

This topic has been closed.

Similar forum topics

FEEDBACK

Join 351,278 users who love movies and TV shows!

208,829 reviews • 122,446 films • 18,486 TV series