About Contact Log in Register!

351,278 users • 208,749 reviews
122,412 films • 18,479 TV series

Being cheated (636 views, 7 replies)

This topic has been closed.

senior guru
Report comment
(5y)

I have notice that movies that are put on DVD are being edited , where parts of the movie are taking out , even on blue- ray . I have movies on VHS tapes and it has all the movie and when I buy that same movie on DVD , the movie has parts missing in the movie . I feel that the consumer is being cheated on the movie and I protest that they should not do that. What is your opinion on this matter ? I would like to know . Plus I would like your info as well . Tanks for your input !

+4

Hide 2 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

@gregsohappy You still have VHS? Not sure how impressed I am by dinosaurs ( kids love them :-) ) I have hundreds of dvd's and I never put them in the machine anymore... in fact I should take them to the charity shop and free up a bit of room.
You should do what I do and just watch 'em on 2Movies.

I also have a couple of hundred cd's but I tend to just listen on YouTube ~ lazy me. I'll never loose the vinyl though, in fact I still buy it.

Report comment
(5y)

@gregsohappy I agree. There is a movie with Dennis Hopper, and Jodi Foster called Backtrack, also know as Catchfire. I had a copy of it on VHS, and now no matter how many places I download from, the movie has been edited. They had a lot of nude scenes together..gone! About 20 minutes worth. Even the ones that SAY they are unedited...have been edited.

+3

skilled
Report comment
(5y)

Yes. This is a whole thing. Classic situation in the movie industry where the editing is mostly in the hands of producers, instead of the directors. Some movies really do deserve the directors cut. And I'm always happy when and if it happens with a movie I like. But I guess some people aren't interested in it.

+3

master
Report comment
(5y)

well that sucks.I had netflix long ago, its really was not good, quit it.I only have a few dvds i never watch.--i can get it on cable or here.some tv stations edit and censor and I stop watching them.so the directors can't ever sue the producers for cutting their movies?its not in contracts??s---. smiley

+1

master
Report comment
(5y)

--is this really an impartial site?i wanta know.I was warned by Aces,"no divisive news posted"but, we still have impeach trump news aplenty--which is very divisive.

ok so all the impeach Trump news can get on,and anti-trump replies, but not news about American women not wanting Sharia?is that it??if you are going to post anti Trump sides of news,and anti-trump people here replies,then you can't tell we American women what we will put up with,and what we won't.

that's it?but replies bashing the pres. of the US is ok?.as a private website,you can legally be as biased as you like.But if you want Americans on this site,you have to then restrict ALL DEVISIVE COMMENTS.AND ALL DIVISIVE NEWS.--AND ALL DIVISIVE NEWS to impeach Trump too.--.You cannot have it both ways.either you restrict ALL DEVISIVE NEWS(IMPEACH TRUMP)OR you you let all news come in.Take your pick. (1 min ago)
Not read yet...

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(5y)

@clarachan1355 (all my replies to any posts are not being posted--i cannot reply--so does it work to disable something, so my replies finally show up?what is wrong??thank you.)

This topic has been closed.

Similar forum topics

FEEDBACK

Join 351,278 users who love movies and TV shows!

208,749 reviews • 122,412 films • 18,479 TV series