This site exists on your donations. Donate here
Switch theme
About Contact Log in Register!

351,278 users • 208,650 reviews
122,383 films • 18,475 TV series

Are links back permanently? (1337 views, 34 replies)

This topic has been closed.

senior guru
Report comment
(4y)
(edited)

For the last two days I've been using my notifications here to see when new episodes are out, then going off to watch elsewhere, but I just noticed they're back.

And I can't find the thread about it, which I thought might shed some light.
I really hope they are here to stay :)

+3

senior master
Report comment
(4y)
(edited)

Links back permanently? Were they ever gone?
I must have missed that thread. smiley

What happened to the TM Chat box on here?

All I see is "Chat is temporary closed" - Why?

When will it be back up?

Thanks in advance. smiley

Hide 7 replies...

@3UN01A They were, Doc put up a thread a couple of days ago explaining why, and also that chat temp disabled (I guess cos otherwise it would've been filled with peeps unhappy with the decision). However it seems things have changed back again - which is fab :)

+2

Report comment
(4y)

@⭐️janerosity⭐️ That thread must have been deleted as I can't find it and was not around to read it whenever it was posted.

As for the reason Chat is temp disabled, that makes total sense now. Hopefully it's brought back soon.

If Two-movies decided to remove links permanently, I would still be here as an active member like other loyal members would remain. No links wouldn't make a difference as I can't open that page 99 % of the time anyway and it's not like as if finding links elsewhere is a task.

This site rocks and I LOVE it's layout so as long as it's up and running, I shall be here.

Thank you kindly for your reply - cheers! smiley smiley

@3UN01A Same, at the time Doc said there would still be notifications etc for new episodes of series - so this was still going to be my 'go to' place - just that I would watch them elsewhere. But this site is SO much more than just that, it's a Social place too and I am not leaving either - with or without links.

+1

Report comment
(4y)

@⭐️janerosity⭐️ It also gets annoying having to re-sign up on 'new' sites or 'old' ones that were 'down' and back. Then having to re-create playlists etc. I am so over that!

At least we got a heads up from TM instead of finding out one day out of nowhere that the site no longer exists. For that I am grateful and hope that if it ever does decide to no longer be, that we get alerted beforehand.

Two-movies also means SO much more for me than just links - I agree and it's home sweet home even if other sites exist or links come from elsewhere... at the end of the day, my heart is here.

smiley

Report comment
(4y)

@⭐️janerosity⭐️ Me neither I have made my mornings here for years. If it's just chat and news or updates on movies I will be here either way. I would miss my friends.

+1

Report comment
(4y)

@⭐️janerosity⭐️ I'm so glad hear notifications for series will stay. I don't have cable anymore and I was fretting that I wouldn't know when new series or episodes were out. I'm staying until the lights are off!!! I'm glad to hear your not going anywhere I can't lose my handmaid's buddy 💋💋

Report comment
(4y)

@⭐️janerosity⭐️ What is confusing me is new Mr Rodgers movie was added with Cam links???

master
Report comment
(4y)
(edited)

From what I understand, Twomovies is gone as we knew it, if not someone please correct me? Doc decided there will no longer be any piracy on this site.

There was a thread about that, but it seems to be gone from what I can see.

+4

Hide 3 replies...
Report comment
(4y)

@𝓜𝓸𝓾𝓼𝓮*🐭 I was gonna leave but only certain things aren't working so I am here til they pull the plug. I love this site. I think he disables chat when he is working so people don't complain all at once. That's the impression I got anyway.

+4

Report comment
(4y)
(edited)

@dragonfly1985 Yeah, things didn't look good at all. But it's really confusing trying to understand what is happening. I think your impression is correct though.

Doc would have a lot of BS on chat right about now with questions and that kind of thing.

+1

Report comment
(4y)

@𝓜𝓸𝓾𝓼𝓮*🐭 I guess I'm not the only one confused 💋

expert
Report comment
(4y)
(edited)

I hope DR changes his mind. I love this site and ALL the people on it. smiley

+4

Hide 5 replies...
Report comment
(4y)
(edited)

@Dr.Evil For the non lawyers amongst us .... Does this mean all is good in wonderland, or the Queen of Hearts is still on the prowl and won't let us play?

+4

Report comment
(4y)

@..box.. It's like a puzzle box when gets all cryptic like that.

+2

Report comment
(4y)

@..box.. Working on it lol

+7

Report comment
(4y)

@Dr.Evil Sounds like the law is on your side...at least for now...

Report comment
(4y)

@Dr.Evil That sounds tricky. At least now I know why we will never see the embed option on this site again.

guru
Report comment
(4y)

so according to the reference you shared
www.dmlp.org/legal-guide/linking-...
i understand the following
1 ''linking to another website does not infringe the copyrights of that site, nor does it give rise to a likelihood of confusion necessary for a federal trademark infringement claim.''
2 whatever type of linking your go for , The TS & CAM for new stuff is straying over the lines a bit but webrip webdl might continue
??
is that about the long & short of it ? smiley

Hide 9 replies...

@🐲footshot I've had a read, and that's kind of what I got from it too. I hope you're right :)

+1

Report comment
(4y)

@🐲footshot Actually, what it says is...

"The situation changes when you knowingly link to works that clearly infringe somebody's copyright, like pirated music files or video clips of commercially distributed movies and music videos. In this situation, you might be liable for what is known as "contributory copyright infringement." Contributory copyright infringement occurs by "intentionally inducing or encouraging direct infringement" of a copyrighted work."

There is no question that those involved in streaming catalogue sites do so with the full knowledge that 99% of the links posted direct users to copyrighted material.

+1

Report comment
(4y)

@🐲footshot it is a grey area because it technically is not illegal to make a backup copy of something you purchased and if you lend the copy to someone, that is not technically illegal either.

expert
Report comment
(4y)

I dont think there are anymore issues. Like in Canada, the acts for filesharing are really lax or nonexistent or in a grey area. It is mainly the US where it is in hyper drive and branded as "pirating" but even then they use firestick a lot in the US too.

Hide 2 replies...
Report comment
(4y)

@robdeniro The lawyers in some EU countries go after this like crazy, so if you use this site in the EU, use a good VPN service.

Report comment
(4y)

@robdeniro I think it's similar in Australia. They are pretty strict with streaming sites in Aus too.

Report comment
(4y)

It means that we have to tread carefully to avoid giving the impression of prior knowledge of infringing content.

The size of the database in here provides substantial cover in relation to the reasonable expectation of having real and up to date knowledge of the legal standing behind each and every item posted by the users. The number of Moderators being insufficient to render such effective control in relation to the size of the content, is the defense.

On the extent of the law, the principles provided by the Doc, rely upon the practical enforcement of certain provisions by the courts, which represent the exact state of play. It simply suggests that the courts take a realistic approach, based on the amount and strength of evidence required, the timeline for adjudication and most importantly, the ripple effect of the judgement. Currently, the courts tend to concentrate their efforts on mass producers rather than small to medium size distributors of infringing content.

So unless we get too famous, we are good to go.

+2

God
Report comment
(4y)

Ugggggghhhhhh!
💋

This topic has been closed.

Similar forum topics

FEEDBACK

Join 351,278 users who love movies and TV shows!

208,650 reviews • 122,383 films • 18,475 TV series