This site exists on your donations. Donate here
Switch theme
About Contact Log in Register!

351,278 users • 208,645 reviews
122,377 films • 18,475 TV series

old posted messages (582 views, 7 replies)

This topic has been closed.

top expert
Report comment
(5y)

I would like to delete some of my older posted messages. These are messages that although I feel strongly about they tend to conjure ill feelings from the perspective of anyone who does not see the things I post in the same light as I do.
Can anyone tell me how to do this?
I see on my user page there are links for profile, playlists, your icon, settings, gallery and music. Why not have a link to a page of all of a user's posts and where they are located and the ability to edit or delete.

+1

admin
Report comment
(5y)

You can't. Editing and deleting available in first 15 minutes.

+2

Hide 5 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

@Dr.Evil this needs to change

Report comment
(5y)

@Freethinker [deleted] [SPOILER]

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@Dr.Evil But if only a user can delete their own message from the past how is that a security issue?
In addition, how then is deleting and editing within the first 15 minutes not equally a security issue? It does not add up, makes no sense whatsoever.
So what you are saying is deleting and/or editing within the first 15 minutes is not in any way a security issue, but doing the same at 16 minutes is. Baseless!!!

+2

Report comment
(5y)

@Freethinker We are using tree like comments so deleting any parent comment will delete all it's children comments. See reddit for example, they delete parent comments and leave [deleted] message, it looks really stupid. Also in 99% of cases forums do not allow deleting/editing comments also (after some period of time). Say, you leave a comment then after two days you edit them and insert some kind of spam links etc.

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@Dr.Evil I understand. I have a very good reason for wanting to delete messages. I would even be willing to delete the entire tree.
I have decided I need to desist in my politically motivated responses to the films I watch as they are my viewpoints and thus have in one instance become a point of contention with another member.
If my entire tree of messages cannot be deleted then fine I am done leaving comments and replies, no more ever.
It was extremely caustic to see the response of a single individual to my comments on the Hunter-Killer film. So much so that I have blocked seeing him any longer to any thread I aspire to.
But alas, what does it matter, I am done leaving comments to films I watch. I instead will do my writing of such comments in Microsoft Word on my PC only and maybe at some point in the future I will suddenly spill the entire lot onto TwoMovies forum. They will be incisive to be sure as I hold a very different view from most western media believers who aspire to fake news.

master
Report comment
(5y)

I'm glad that I read this! I never noticed until the other day; I was so confused trying to find the edit/delete button, lol smiley, I'm oblivious to everything lately. Thank you for explaining it :) Makes so much sense

This topic has been closed.

Similar forum topics

FEEDBACK

Join 351,278 users who love movies and TV shows!

208,645 reviews • 122,377 films • 18,475 TV series