This site exists on your donations. Donate here
Switch theme
About Contact Log in Register!

351,278 users • 208,615 reviews
122,366 films • 18,472 TV series

site upgrades, please? (2279 views, 17 replies)

This topic has been closed.

skilled

Many of us post short messages because we all know that when we post half of what we typed doesn't get put into the chat like we typed. SO, FemaleLotRfan83 aka Fem and I were thinking that it'd be nice to have a VISUAL character counter to 1) avoid constant one-line posts, 2) avoid angry users in the chatroom. 3) would make posting quicker and easier to use to old and new users.

Please dr. Evil?

Love forever
Your loyal movie subjects.

+3

Hide 6 replies...
Report comment
(9y)

@Lil_Fireball🔥🎱 The chatbox form is limited to 150 characters. Both size and max form length. You want to make it longer?

Report comment
(9y)

@Dr.Evil Not longer but a visual counter saying something like "You have X characters left". <br> The counter could be added next to where the smileys are.

+1

Report comment
(9y)

@FemaleLotRfan83 Okay. Done.

+1

@Dr.Evil WOOHOO!!!!! Thank you! You're such an AWESOME boss!! =)

+1

Report comment
(9y)

@Lil_Fireball🔥🎱 lol welcome :)

+1

Report comment
(9y)

@Dr.Evil Tiana is right you are awesome

+1

admin
Report comment
(9y)

Okay. If you have more cool ideas - share ;)

+1

Hide 3 replies...

@Dr.Evil Now that you mention it...is it possible for us to create our own APPROPRIATE backgrounds?

Report comment
(9y)

@Lil_Fireball🔥🎱 Pics are possible but it may mess the site. We can add a color picker instead. <br> Can you show me a pic example that you would set as your background?

@Dr.Evil Well was thinking more along the lines of something like this www.mygen.co.uk/index.php?page=cr... . I'm asking this because, IF we we to allow users to create their own profiles, with appropriate measures of course, then we'll draw more people to our site then just saying "hey you there! We got movies!" Being a person with OCD(obsessive compulsive disorder) to have the ability to create something online does several things at one time. Allows that person to become an artist and everybody can see the finishing product that they can be proud of and takes deep edges off the nerves of stress and other things. I'm not trying to take over the site, I'm saying that getting updated is better than doing the Crayon Shin Chan Ass Dance lol.

top expert
Report comment
(9y)

hiya - i do like the drop down selctions on the top row - home, movies, tv shows ect <br> but i do miss just hitting the movies tab and seeing all the latest releases - is it possible for it to default to that 'latest' option ann the have the drop down for everything else <br> maybe <br> per change <br> s'vous plait

Hide 2 replies...
Report comment
(9y)

@#NotInMyName Hi. You want to click on Movies link and open latest movies? We disabled the link because a lot of people use tablets and they have to click to see the list.

Report comment
(9y)

@Dr.Evil ok your call. thks for responding

Report comment
(8y)

Just above the search bar, there are choice categories to select (movies and TV, actors, tags, etc). Would it be possible to separate the Movies and TV so that they each have their own category?

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(8y)

@troiade Yes it is possible but why do you want it?

Report comment
(8y)

Because quite often when searching for a TV show with a common first name or common first several characters, the list of Movies that populates can be rather long, and when it's a TV show you have to swipe down and down to get to the TV shows section. It's a little annoying, but I guess you can just continue typing the full name of the show to narrow the list down. An example of this situation is the show Criminal Minds. <br> <br> Thanks for the consideration.

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(8y)

@troiade I want to listen to our community because personally I think that we should have only one global search for everything.

This topic has been closed.

Similar forum topics

FEEDBACK

Join 351,278 users who love movies and TV shows!

208,615 reviews • 122,366 films • 18,472 TV series