This site exists on your donations. Donate here
Switch theme
About Contact Log in Register!

351,278 users • 209,295 reviews
122,617 films • 18,505 TV series

An uninvited guest (1525 views, 53 replies)

This topic has been closed.

top expert
Report comment
(6y)

smiley Hi everyone,
I have a guest but I didn’t invite him. I don’t know how he got there but there he is. I take it “guest” is different than a “friend” but I don’t know what a TwoMovies “guest” actually is. Can someone please explain what “guests” are. Thank you 😊

+3

Hide 2 replies...
Report comment
(6y)

@Francoise Friends may not understand, but accept each other's avatars. <br> <br> Guests are straight-up stalkers. <br> <br> Mods!? Is there a way to delete self from guest lists? :)

+2

Report comment
(6y)

@HollyBeth Haha 😊 thanks but how come your avatar didn’t show up on my guest list? 🤔

God
Report comment
(6y)

Friend = friendly <br> <br> Guest = Terrorises your family including your dog <br> <br> Seriously though, I don't know what you mean...I need more information. Are we talking apparition or actual human?

+6

Hide 7 replies...
Report comment
(6y)

@ I seriously did a wee at this. Cheers RB! PMSFL.

Report comment
(6y)

@Asmodeus I don't do abbreviations for the intentional fact that that sound so funny "RBPMSL" what does that even mean???.... and no, it's not an age thing, I'm young, I just refuse to not use actual WORDS.

+4

Report comment
(6y)

@ I think it's limited to the UK/Europe so I get asked a lot. I don't type it in full because of what it does actually mean...it's pissing my self f**king laughing ;) X

Report comment
(6y)

@Asmodeus I'm in Ireland. AH HA I see it now. DUHHH. Instead of Ravenousbird how about dodo bird? LOL (NO one else may use that expression about me, by the way... lol)

Report comment
(6y)

@ No joke, my nickname in school was Dodo....dumb bird....also I think to do wit the fact I was not the most athletic or lithe...or attractive...and mostly didn't even look alive!! <br> <br> PMSL :-D X

Report comment
(6y)

@Asmodeus i press like and it go,s to 0 so lol i love that pmsl haha your funny really,lol.

+1

Report comment
(6y)

@swans2525 Thank you. Glad someone thinks so! lol. ;-)

+1

top expert
Report comment
(6y)

guest is someone just clicked on you profile <br> <br> friend is someone sent friend request and it was accepted

+6

Hide 3 replies...
Report comment
(6y)

@frhjve🦈 Hi frhve, thank you. But when I visit someone’s profile, I’m not listed as a guest on their profile.

Report comment
(6y)

@Francoise There is a setting that lets you not be listed as a guest on peoples profile. It is under settings and called your guest mode. If it is set to invisible then you will not be listed as a guest when you visit someones profile. Hope that helps. <br> <br> Edit - Well if I would have read the whole thread I would have seen that you figured this out already. Duh smiley

+1

Report comment
(6y)

@rickgrimesrocks Thank you ☺️

+2

guru
Report comment
(6y)

If you didn't invite him he's probably a Jehovahs Witness.

+15

Hide 5 replies...
Report comment
(6y)

@gallanted I don't invite them and they are actually afraid of me because one time (as a joke) I answered the front door and said, "Hail Satan!" and from upstairs my boyfriend echoed the same sentiment back. Needless to say, they give me a wide birth in town these days. LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

+3

@ smiley When these clowns come to my door (I see them out of my peep hole) I make sure to grab a can of beer and have a smoke hanging out of the corner of my mouth. Needless to say they aren't too intent on converting me after they get a good look at me :) smiley

+1

Report comment
(6y)

@gallanted when they come to my door I tell them that I have ADHD and if they wanna chat i know a lot about trains. After about 30seconds of my lecture about how you can tell train models apart simply by the sound their doors make they usually run away for some reason.

Report comment
(6y)

@Mykee83 I tell you what works... just say you are a Bhuddist... freaks the feck out of 'em. They don't have an answer to that one.

Report comment
(6y)

@gallanted On a lighter note, I've just bought a new blade ~ www.blades-uk.com/products.php?i... <br> I usually work with Japanese blades, but just this once :-)

admin
Report comment
(6y)

I have the feeling that in the last week many users need explanation of simple English words. smiley

+5

Hide 9 replies...
Report comment
(6y)

@Dr.Evil explain urself in english then please hahaha

+2

Report comment
(6y)

@chaseyerself He just fricking did, thank Webster.

Report comment
(6y)

@ it was a sarcastic comment 😳 as a joke

+2

Report comment
(6y)

@chaseyerself LOL sorry, it's the charm of the expressionless written word. :P

+1

Report comment
(6y)

@ haha sorry i thought u were being snide lol

Report comment
(6y)

@chaseyerself I can understand that. I was being silly, but it kinda backfired! <br> <br> smiley

Report comment
(6y)

@ on both of us pmsl

+1

Report comment
(6y)

@Dr.Evil M-O-O-N, That spells... <br> <br>

Report comment
(6y)

@Melted~Dreams M O O N... that spells CAR

expert
Report comment
(6y)

Safest bet is to not make any eye contact, and try to back away slowly...

+5

Hide 2 replies...
Report comment
(6y)

@UncleCreepy - says Uncle Creepy! :D

+5

Report comment
(6y)
+1

expert
Report comment
(6y)

smiley Well they do say that sometimes the best advice comes straight from the horse's mouth. smiley (Gosh I sure hope they don't make a thread asking what that means..) smiley

+1

Hide 1 reply...

top expert
Report comment
(6y)

smiley Hello again everyone, <br> <br> Okay, I know the definitions of the simple English words friend and guest as they apply in the real world but, I don’t understand how a person ended up as a guest on my TwoMovies profile page.

top expert
Report comment
(6y)

smiley okay I get it now. <br> <br> Friends you accept <br> Guests are stalkers but some stalkers have set their “guest mode” to invisible. <br> <br> Thank you everyone for your helpful and/or humorous replies. ☺️

expert
Report comment
(6y)

I have one too. But guests are usually someone you have invited. Otherwise they are an unwanted guest. Maybe we should call the police? Lol If i go missing please check-out my profile, It's probably him. ;)

Hide 3 replies...
Report comment
(6y)

@berbalee ☺️Haha that’s exactly what I thought! They’re only a guest once you invite them in. I think on this site though, guest means stalker/intruder/crasher, along those lines.

Report comment
(6y)

@Francoise i have never assumed that, seems to me if you post a comment or review that piques someone's interest they might check out your profile or playlists, comments, reviews, anything that might be public, to see if you shared any common interests. I have had up to ten guests at once. The only question I ask myself is why would anyone even be interested enough to bother? smiley <br> Friends is another issue, I always accept, no need to hurt anyone's feelings, but I honestly don't know what to do with them after that.

+7

Report comment
(6y)

@saxon901 ☺️Okay, I think you’re right. “Stalker” might not be the right definition. It’s more like a visitor and I’m having an open house 🏡. Anything I don’t want people to see, I lock up.

+1

senior guru

Ha! I was wondering about this too, as a guest has appeared on my profile. Came here to look for an explanation and well...here it is. <br> <br> So no invisible stalking on this site then. If only that were the case elsewhere. <br>

+1

Hide 10 replies...
Report comment
(6y)

@⭐️janerosity⭐️ Hi janerosity ☺️. Yes, I believe there is invisible stalking on this site. There’s an invisible “guest mode” option in settings.

Report comment
(6y)

@Francoise There's an options mode? Well I'll be...

+1

Report comment
(6y)

@Francoise Why does being invisible automatically qualify a person as a stalker? Stalking is a repetitive action to obtain information to me and invisible is just wanting some anonymity.

+3

Report comment
(6y)

@ Well the guest that isn't a guest on my profile is visible and not anonymous. Is he a stalker or just someone who ran out of invisibility? Could at least say hi or boo or i know what you watched last summer . ;p

Report comment
(6y)

@berbalee He visited your profile 4 months ago so I wouldn't say he is stalking you. He is just someone that checked out your profile, no big deal. And I'm not listed as a guest bc I have mine set to invisible....ooohhh wait does that make me creepy?? Watch out everyone I'm out to stalk you smiley smiley smiley

+3

Report comment
(6y)

@rickgrimesrocks My comment was tongue in cheek. I really don't care who visits my profile. Creeps are more than welcome too. Nothing to see or hide.

+3

Report comment
(6y)

@berbalee I was trying to make a joke so please don't take me seriously smiley Truly sorry if I offended.

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@berbalee I have several that visit my profile every day and sometimes a few times a day. I don't understand it or know who they are as they never comment or post in forum also have zero points... I just dont get it either lol why not send a message or something... it is stalker-ish and a little creepy imo but aside from that and even worse is I have an actual stalker on here.

Report comment
(5y)

@ You’re right. Simply being “invisible” does not make you a stalker.

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@Francoise What I have found is that there are stalkers on the Internet, but even more interesting, as those who at every opportunity mention how anyone who looks at the profile is a stalker and how they are always being stalked. Not just mentioning it when appropriate, they mention it on nearly every post. I reckon those people are the actual stalkers, otherwise they wouldn't need to deflect so much. The Internet is full of curious people who just want to see who you are, if you cannot deal with it (not you Fancoise, I'm speaking in the third person) then a person shouldn't be on the Internet at all. Bless their heart.

+1

This topic has been closed.

Similar forum topics

FEEDBACK

Join 351,278 users who love movies and TV shows!

209,295 reviews • 122,617 films • 18,505 TV series