This site exists on your donations. Donate here
Switch theme
About Contact Log in Register!

351,278 users • 209,236 reviews
122,600 films • 18,499 TV series

American justice new season (151 views, 12 replies)

This topic has been closed.

senior master
Report comment
(1y)

Just a note of where it is here for anyone looking: dosmovies.com/tv/American_Justic...

The first episode for this latest season just came out yesterday, so hopefully soon for you (and everyone!). smiley

+1

Hide 6 replies...

@DontSpeak thanks for enlightening us on the new narrator. I guess using the word preferring Bill wasn't really the word I should have used. After all I haven't given the man a chance. Bill Kurtis is an icon, however I'm sure Dennis Haybert will fill Bill's shoes just fine

+1

Report comment
(1y)

@💛Yellow_rose1💛 Totally agree about the iconic voice. It does change the dynamics when a narrator is changed. A strong, yet soothing voice is a very powerful tool in these types of series.

+1

@DontSpeak yes I agree, it gives a sense of empathy from the narrator, which is needed. I've often thought of the families of the victims and how it must impact them seeing a show on their murders or what ever atrocity that has been inflicted on them. I would want that person to be shown in an empathetic way and not just told on the side of the perpetrator

+1

Report comment
(1y)

@💛Yellow_rose1💛 Apparently, Bill Kurtis supported the death penalty until his work on this show took him face to face with the families. He changed to oppose the death penalty. Although I didn't spend much time looking, I couldn't find anything on why he is no longer the narrator of American Justice.

+1

@DontSpeak many years ago I'm ashamed to say it now but I supported the death penalty. Now that I've learned more about the process and how they have convict innocent people including those who have been put to death I know longer think it's in anyway a proper procedure. How can a government claim that murder is wrong and then turn around and do the exact thing? It's an oxymoron for sure

+1

@DontSpeak I just learned Bill Kurtis is 81 years old. I had no idea that he was that old. That may be the reason. He's probably retired

+1

This topic has been closed.

Similar forum topics

FEEDBACK

Join 351,278 users who love movies and TV shows!

209,236 reviews • 122,600 films • 18,499 TV series