This site exists on your donations. Donate here
Switch theme
About Contact Log in Register!

351,278 users • 208,647 reviews
122,377 films • 18,475 TV series

AHS Season 9 - 1984💋 (973 views, 18 replies)

This topic has been closed.

God
Report comment
(4y)

American horror story season 9 is called 1984

FYI: for all the AHS fans like me FX has already signed thru season 10. FX CEO, John Landgraf said "he expects to see many more seasons of AHS on the network".
Here's the first teaser trailer
Teeny💋

+3

senior guru
Report comment
(4y)

the last few seasons really haven't been that great, yet i'm still hoping the lead writer/creators will find a way to do something fresh - without politics or that crossover from other seasons stuff getting in the way.

+2

Hide 2 replies...
Report comment
(4y)

@uunboundd Yes I agree, apocalypse was good but didn't care for the year before. This 80's show slasher style should hopefully be great 💋

+2

Report comment
(4y)

@uunboundd Agreed. No politics or crossover stuff.

+1

top expert
Report comment
(4y)

Oh this will be bloody fantastic, an Orwellian Horror story???. Great Idea. Thumbs up from me.. smiley smiley smiley I decided that before even watching the trailer..lol

+3

Hide 2 replies...
Report comment
(4y)

@laylaandpaz i don't know if they're going for the Orwellian angle, per se, as people seem to be fixating on the year 1984 for some reason. Summer of 84 and the upcoming Wonder Woman 1984 come to mind; these guys might just be following a trend.

Report comment
(4y)

@uunboundd I agree. I think they're cashing in on the whole 80s revival thing going on again at the moment.

+1

God
Report comment
(4y)

I would be so happy if this took place in the past. The last past set season was back in season 4.

+2

Hide 3 replies...
Report comment
(4y)

@FemaleLotRfan83 I'm very hopeful after seeing the teaser. I think they know fans got disappointed with last couple of seasons so this year I'm hoping they come out swinging
💋

Report comment
(4y)

@Teeny💋 I hope it is better than prior seasons.

+1

Report comment
(4y)

@FemaleLotRfan83 Me too💋

senior master
Report comment
(4y)

Each season AHS seems to try harder and yet fails to live up to the best previous earliest seasons.

I will always still continue to watch AHS but my expectations are never set high. Anymore.

This theme seems over done but will have to wait and SEE!

God
Report comment
(4y)

It won't be the same without Evan Peters.

+2

Hide 6 replies...
Report comment
(4y)

@FemaleLotRfan83 What? WTF? Did he quit the show? He is my total favorite 💋

Report comment
(4y)

@Teeny💋 He's taking a break this season.

+1

Report comment
(4y)

@FemaleLotRfan83 I just jumped on my phone and I can't believe he's not only not going to be in this season he is talking a break from acting all together! This breaks my heart as I just already love every character he plays, in movies as well. He did say he is an easy going, happy guy and going to these dark places have really been challenging. He also said he wants to play music so maybe we will be hearing from him instead of seeing him. I'd do plan to see him in X-Men and series Pose. So sad 😨💋

+1

Report comment
(4y)

@Teeny💋 He is great at every character he plays on the show.

+2

Report comment
(4y)

@Teeny💋 it could be that he and Sarah Paulson are considering other opportunities, and speaking vaguely of their intentions might be a ploy to make FX (or whoever) to offer them a better contract.
(mo' money 💰smiley💰)

+1

Report comment
(4y)

@uunboundd That is true 💋

+1

This topic has been closed.

Similar forum topics

FEEDBACK

Join 351,278 users who love movies and TV shows!

208,647 reviews • 122,377 films • 18,475 TV series