This site exists on your donations. Donate here
Switch theme
About Contact Log in Register!

351,278 users • 208,735 reviews
122,398 films • 18,478 TV series

new series called George and Tammy. With Michael Shannan and Jessica Chastain (177 views, 16 replies)

This topic has been closed.

master

I think this going to be really good. I love me some ole timey country!

+2

Hide 9 replies...

@pringo awe you are the best, thanks. I'm surely not the only one that wants to watch this.

+3

Report comment
(1y)

@💛Yellow_rose1💛 This ought to be good. One of George's songs, "He stopped loving her today," brings me to tears each time I hear it. I think he recorded it later on after they split.

+2

@StarKissed yes that is a good one. Tennessee Whiskeys another good one or golden ring. I wish someone would do a bio on Tanya Tucker. I really don't know why they haven't

+2

Report comment
(1y)
(edited)

@💛Yellow_rose1💛 I remember Golden Ring; don't know if I've heard the other one. I haven't heard anything about Tonya Tucker for ages.

+2

@StarKissed I know. Last I heard she had been burned very badly after a chemical peel accident and then also suffering with depression

+2

Report comment
(1y)

@💛Yellow_rose1💛 That's sad. So many performers, popular and busy, making money when they're younger. Then they don't have much to fall back on when older, and the money dries up. Probably has something to do with her past drug use too.

+2

@StarKissed possibly but she gave most of that up when she and Glen Campbell broke up. After her come back in the late 80's to early nineties, she began having children without being married. Three in all and just wanted to devote her time to them

Report comment
(1y)

@💛Yellow_rose1💛 Interesting, and glad to hear that. Thanks for filling me in. 🌺

senior master
Report comment
(1y)

I've never heard of them, but from what I've read, this should be a treat!

+2

Hide 5 replies...

@DontSpeak Oh yes I think you will like it even if you are not into the music. It's going to be high drama, well so far it is for sure

+1

Report comment
(1y)
(edited)

@DontSpeak They were both traditional country artists, both with little education, but they became superstars in that genre, each in their own right. My folks were from the south, so I was always familiar with the music from that time period. Back then, country music wasn't cool up North, and 70's Rock started the greatest of eras. Get ready to hear some "twangin." smiley

Edit to add: If not mistaken, this is the first "series" for these type performers, so it's going to be seen as an honor to their families. Other biography type shows for country artists have usually been a one night, 90 minute movie.

+2

@StarKissed apparently this is based on Georgette Jones' Bio novel: The Three of Us: Growing Up with Tammy and George

+2

Report comment
(1y)

@💛Yellow_rose1💛 I bet that's one heck of a book!

+1

@StarKissed yes I'm sure it's very good

+1

This topic has been closed.

Similar forum topics

FEEDBACK

Join 351,278 users who love movies and TV shows!

208,735 reviews • 122,398 films • 18,478 TV series