This site exists on your donations. Donate here
Switch theme
About Contact Log in Register!

351,278 users • 208,784 reviews
122,426 films • 18,483 TV series

Trojan Corner (Ska, Reggae, Rocksteady etc) (712 views, 29 replies)

This topic has been closed.

God
Report comment
(5y)

I love the old music as well and own a few of these discs as real purchases.
Enjoy.

Judge Dread - Big Six

Pluto Shervington - Ram Goat Liver

The Skatalites - Guns Of Navarone

+3

God
Report comment
(5y)

Symarip - Skinhead Moonstomp

Horace Andy - Collie Weed

Lord Tanamo - I'm In The Mood For Ska

+3

God
Report comment
(5y)

Herbsman Shuffle - King Stitt & Andy Capp

The Ethiopians - Train to Skaville

Watermelon Man - Baba Brooks Band

+3

master
Report comment
(5y)

What a great way to kick start the morning, love this stuff. smiley smiley smiley cheers Gemini

+4

Hide 2 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

@ijaija You are welcome:)

My mum likes all the mainstream Reggae and my uncle is in to all the Trojan Ska music, some of their tastes weaved to mine, very glad for it too, this is great music, no hatred really just love for music and each other.

+3

Report comment
(5y)

@KiaZi I grew up on this genre, my husband is a Northern Soul dj and also plays alot of ska, mostly vinyl, he's got tons of it, all around the house, in cupboards, under the dining table etc.etc. lol.

+2

senior master
Report comment
(5y)

Nice one Gemini. All new stuff for me here so thanks for the intro and keep them coming. smiley

+2

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(5y)

@..box.. Thanks
You are welcome, i will try to keep them coming inbetween other things i am doing

I also plan for another music thread from the 60s era that i have also fell in tune with liking the style alot, perhaps more different and wild...i love the psychedelic era sound of that time:) should be an interesting and whacky thread.

+1

God
Report comment
(5y)

The techniques " Day o " ( The banana boat song )

John Holt - Ali Baba

The Bleechers - Check Him Out

+2

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(5y)

@KiaZi We used to wake up singing & dancing to 'Ali Baba' when we were first married ten years ago!! So many memories!

senior guru
Report comment
(5y)

Great thread, Gemini.

+3

Hide 4 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

@DemandingFemale This is a good addition to the thread, one of my mums favorites is Barrington levy, i like some of his music like this tune as well.
As known as he is i tend to miss his name often, as my mum likes him alot, i got to listen to all he has ever done, including all the mushy stuff, Murderer is a real good tune though, thank you for adding great music here.

(edit piece)---not that mushy is in itself bad, just most times not my mood setting, some music can be real dramatic i feel too much to enjoy, magic of music though, something for all people to enjoy

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@KiaZi I knew what you meant by mushy.

Barrington's Here I Come is probably the best known one. I remember it being remixed into a jungle track in the early 90s.

+3

Report comment
(5y)

@DemandingFemale Me too, but did you mean the junglist version or the dnb one? I dated/lived with & loved so many junglists, dnb and hardcore djs!

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@nonamemanon Found it! Oh, the memories...

Music break about 1:20

+1

senior guru
Report comment
(5y)

Awesome lyrics...

+3

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(5y)

@DemandingFemale Yes, this one...

+2

expert
Report comment
(5y)

Daaaaaaaaaaang, totally bringing back soooooo many memories for me with all these! Thanks Gemini & Demanding Female, every single one of these tracks have me shaking my head... oh the memories... geez.

Here are a couple more...
Dr. Alimentado

& two from Prince Buster

& another U-Roy

& one more, Sugar Minott, reminds me of my youth when I was living in Hawai'i for a short time...

& one more too, Buju Bantan!!!
www.youtube.com/watch?v=7F1lojOf...
& years ago I woulda put up 'Sizzla', but I got issues with him for several years now, geez I guess it was more than a decade ago now, that is crazy how time flies...but f**k him now. Not a nice person.
Read more

+2

master
Report comment
(5y)

Another great morning, dancing around like a loon and getting some cleaning done, keep 'em coming, thank you, takes me back to my youth club day's, Hawaii sounds a better memory tho.

+2

expert
Report comment
CQ
(5y)

from the Wailing Wailers (Neville O'Reilly Lvingstone aka Bunny Wailer, Peter McKintosh aka Peter Tosh, Beverly Keslo, Cherry Smith, Junior Braitwait, and Robert Nestor Marley) backed by The Skatalites:

one everybody knows by Toots and the Maytals:

member of the legendary I-Threes, Marcia Griffiths:

+3

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(5y)

@CQ Great additions, thank you:)

Report comment
(5y)

I find it hard to believe one of the biggest Reggae/Ska bands hasn't been posted.
No matter allow me ;)

+2

Hide 3 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

@Buffy97 Not one i would of thought of right away, listened to some of their less than ska-ish of tunes but good track still, cheers smiley

+2

Report comment
(5y)

@KiaZi Thanks :) I wanted to be accurate based on the genres in this particular forum.
So I posted one of their tracks with reggae/ska elements.

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@Buffy97 you posted well and accurate here thanks.
Frankly i did not know they had another side like this, but any other artists that have a few tunes in any of these category's please add away, its good to hear music in all its diversity and tunes not heard:)

+1

senior guru

You can't have a ska thread without these guys

+1

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(5y)

@⭐️janerosity⭐️ nice picture in that tune reminds me of my little phase of when i was skinhead for a short while, not the hateful kind the loving all inclusive kind of all unite and screw the system, well how i had myself anyway, probably why not many talked to me as i looked like the media portrayed and not how it actually was in general, gone some off topic perhaps but good tunes and imagry stirs memories, thanks for adding this:)

senior guru

Or this

+1

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(5y)

@⭐️janerosity⭐️ Nice tunes, i like them both thanks:)

Report comment
(5y)

Blondie's one off Reggae/Ska period that really hit high on the charts to #1 :)

Ace of Base dabbled with reggae beats..

+1

This topic has been closed.

Similar forum topics

FEEDBACK

Join 351,278 users who love movies and TV shows!

208,784 reviews • 122,426 films • 18,483 TV series