This site exists on your donations. Donate here
Switch theme
About Contact Log in Register!

351,278 users • 208,742 reviews
122,406 films • 18,479 TV series

Moaning corner! (1770 views, 125 replies)

This topic has been closed.

God
Report comment
(4y)

This is where all of the complainers and whiners can come to moan, complain, whine, b**ch...etc. Hate Trump? Let it loose here! Whining about how GREAT the economy is...put it here! It's for you that are ALWAYS looking on the dark side of things. Those that always have a half empty glass. Those that can't find any good with ANYTHING in America! Those that can't se ANY OTHER WAY than their own! Depressed? A Liberal? This corner is for YOU!!

+7

senior guru
Report comment
(4y)

upvoted you Joe smiley pity we cannot see downvoters getting the credit they deserve.

+5

senior guru
Report comment
(4y)

Maybe this will help... lol

+8

Hide 9 replies...
Report comment
(4y)

@DemandingFemale I don't visit the chat, and Nightmare's name doesn't appear now that I have him blocked but this is incredible. "I would relish ruining some folk's organisms ... serve them right."

Could this be considered a threat of some sort, Orgasmic Terrorist Threat or OTT.

Why would you go there?

Obviously it says a lot about the mindset of the person who wrote these words. To ruin something so personal (alone or with another) seems like there is something wrong with the sexuality of such a spoilpsport and making himself into the ultimate

"Human prophylactic/condom and anti-life supporter"

I thought the chat was "to say something fun"

Such a sad person ... should watch more Woody Allen.

+11

Report comment
(4y)

@..box.. you also have my upvote smiley

+4

Report comment
(4y)

@DemandingFemale in spite of that idiot, i like your post too smiley

+7

Report comment
(4y)

@DemandingFemale I love seeing that "back to downvotin' as I'm bored". That says it all.
Teeny💋

+5

Report comment
(4y)

@DemandingFemale This person sent me a friend request when they first arrived so, I accepted it. Then they immediately rejected my acceptance? Removed me?

WTF is that about?

+4

Report comment
(4y)

@michael59 Believe me, you dodged a bullet.

+3

Report comment
(4y)

@DemandingFemale Somebody downvoted you. Hmmm...I wonder who lol.

+2

Report comment
(4y)

@rickgrimesrocks They downvoted you too. lol

+2

Report comment
(4y)

@michael59 You're better off smiley

+3

senior master
Report comment
(4y)

I could moan about hospital waiting lists, elitist school systems and political corruption But it seems like too easy as everyone is moaning about them. I want to moan about 2m members who usurp threads that others have started in good faith, introduce irrelevant reams of text and then steer the thread in a direction that intentionally provokes hostile reactions. Then these usurpers call "victim" when they get a taste of their own medicine and call foul.

Do we really need religious conversion sales talk and a defense of Christianism on the forum? Are there not better sites to preach to the converted and not trying to save souls on an R-rated movie site where the majority choose to relax, chill, have fun, banter and enjoy without representatives of formal religions trying to hijack and steer informative threads into Church on Sunday Service.

Moan concluded.

+5

Hide 9 replies...
Report comment
(4y)

@..box.. I agree totally! It really sucks when your having fun on a forum and then they get usurped and ruin the fun for everyone. Especially comments that are 2 pages long.
Teeny💋

+9

Report comment
(4y)

@Teeny💋 This guy SHOULD put his energy into movie reviews...

+5

Report comment
(4y)

@Dr.Evil You can forget about that now.

Report comment
(4y)

@AnhedoniaNightmare Boo and hoo. Boohoo. smiley

+3

Report comment
(4y)

@ I'm happy you are crying.

Report comment
(4y)

@AnhedoniaNightmare Truth prevails with sworn worthlessness and escalating annoyance ~ Amen? SEXY!!

Doc once mentioned vote counting. Anightmare amassed an astounding ZERO likes on 'that' epic thread, and I daresay nearly zero on any post since. Not just invisible down votes (we'd love to see those) but a preponderance of nothing+zero. The community has voted.the.fuk outta this verbal jackoff. None appear comfy held hostage for page filler that 'ol holymoley swore to deliver in exchange for pooping in peoples cheerios for his endless info-tainment.

Report comment
(4y)

@(⌐■_■) Voting likes has nothing to do with veracity.

I don't care. Down everything I say if that is your desire.

Democracy is the tyranny of the majority and breeds trolls.

Report comment
(4y)

@Dr.Evil Again I totally agree!!
💋💋💋

+4

Report comment
(4y)

@..box.. You are typically full of patience when responding to other members so, I gotta say, I'm glad you aren't sitting back and just taking all the crap this member keeps throwing your way. smiley

+3

master
Report comment
(4y)

Another one bites the dust! I love downvoting drivel. By all means moan about minutia while Africians have no clean water to drink.

Jesus loves you.

PS It's DemFem's creative cut and pasting. The prior comment was , "bet you ruin people's orgasms..."

Hide 17 replies...
Report comment
(4y)

@AnhedoniaNightmare "Help help...I'm triggered by hearing about Jesus and that ain't fair!"

Report comment
(4y)

@AnhedoniaNightmare I love hearing about Jesus in the proper space that I choose and not have him rammed down my throat. I think jesus would be on my wavelength too.

+4

Report comment
(4y)

@AnhedoniaNightmare But...but don't YOU love me as well? smiley smiley smiley

+4

Report comment
(4y)

@..box.. Of course I love you. You are part of YHWH's creation. You also are doomed by your choices.

If I was driving down the road, and creepy cardboard's house was on fire, should I not try to save him?

Sharing the Gospel is like that.

Moderator notice from Dr.Evil (4y)

Report comment
(4y)

@AnhedoniaNightmare YHWH eh? Youthful Happy Wisecracking Heretics club? I don't believe I would join a club that would have me and you as a member.

When you say "I love you" AH, is that in a ...

"You're just too good to be true
I can't take my eyes off you
You'd be like heaven to touch
I wanna hold you so much
At long last love has arrived
And I thank God I'm alive
You're just too good to be true
Can't take my eyes off you"

kinda "I love you" way?

Cos I am a married man with kids and I couldn't do that to Mrs. Box and the Boxettes.

Well ... not unless ... well ... you know ... we could ... have ... some ... FUN. Whadda ya say AH?

Then anything is possible.

+3

Report comment
(4y)

@..box.. Have you considered you are oppressedby demons?

Report comment
(4y)

@AnhedoniaNightmare Order, order - Digression from the point by the honourable gentleman.

Please follow the thread good sir which is "A thread about trivial things that really really annoy you." and not asking the members if they are being oppressed by the honourable gentleman's figments of his imagination.

Order, order ... prey continue

+5

Report comment
(4y)

@..box.. I feel sure I've been oppressed by demons, all wearing the robes, caps, frocks, etc. of some theological persuasion, yet demons all the same.

+2

Report comment
(4y)

@mrkim56 I can't contain them - AH knows the combination to the lock.

He always presses the right buttons!

+4

Report comment
(4y)

@..box.. You need to open Pandora's Box
And let it all lose
💋💋

+3

Report comment
(4y)

@Teeny💋 So difficult to keep the lid on it but I think it might be working a bit Teeny - see above violation of TOS.

+3

Report comment
(4y)
+1

Report comment
(4y)

@michael59 You wouldn't really want that now, WOULD YOU?

+2

Report comment
(4y)

@..box.. lol

I'm fed up of everyone, including myself, getting abused by this person.

+5

Report comment
(4y)

@michael59 It's a big club w/lotsa members, seemingly growing by the day :>/

+3

Report comment
(4y)

@mrkim56 Are you suggesting there is a queue for the biting. What number are you Kim?

+3

Report comment
(4y)

@..box.. Nah man, I'd say there's a gathering que of those who'd choose to have the above biting take place. Similar, but in reverse :>)

+3

God
Report comment
(4y)

What can i say. smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley

Hide 4 replies...
Report comment
(4y)

@PureVodka🍺 It appears that you can say anything that you want !

Report comment
(4y)

@bondojoe Free speech is limited these days, i know what you mean tho. :)
Have you been getting much crap in the news section of late?

Report comment
(4y)

@PureVodka🍺 Just from the Liberals!!

Report comment
(4y)

@PureVodka🍺 Usually quite a bit. I love reading your posts. Maybe your mouth is too full of popcorn?

smiley

senior master
Report comment
(4y)

Sorry, I do not have anything to whine about right now but do want to say that I did get a chuckle from:

"It's for you that are ALWAYS looking on the dark side of things. Those that always have a half empty glass. Those that can't find any good with ANYTHING in America! Those that can't se ANY OTHER WAY than their own! "

When I opened this thread and read that part ^ smiley

If I think of anything to whine/complain about, I shall return but I doubt that I will since I prefer to stay focused on the good especially when there is already so many negative threads.

Stay blessed and Carry on... smiley smiley

+4

Hide 2 replies...
Report comment
(4y)

@3UN01A Thank you. I hope that you stay on the light side!

+2

Report comment
(4y)

@bondojoe This thread should be pinned as the main "Moaning Corner!" of two-movies for all members to vent their issues. It's a healthy thing to do - let it out!

Keep up the awesome forum threads Bondojoe, I look forward to more and I promise to return with something to whine/complain about when I think up a few. Cheers!

+3

master
Report comment
(4y)

Open bigotry that is condoned by authority figures.

master
Report comment
(4y)

38 And now I say unto you, Refrain from these men, and let them alone: for if this counsel or this work be of men, it will come to nought: 39 But if it be of God, ye cannot overthrow it; lest haply ye be found even to fight against God.
40 And to him they agreed: and when they had called the apostles, and beaten them , they commanded that they should not speak in the name of Jesus, and let them go. 41 And they departed from the presence of the council, rejoicing that they were counted worthy to suffer shame for his name. 42 And daily in the temple, and in every house, they ceased not to teach and preach Jesus Christ.
Acts 5:38-42

Hide 10 replies...
Report comment
(4y)

@AnhedoniaNightmare It is my opinion that you are seriously lacking in social skills and that fellowship is so much more than just a definition in the dictionary. You don't appear to understand this.

It is also my opinion that you will never be able to "mend fences" here because you have bulldozed them all down.

I really feel sorry for you because I believe you started out here with good intentions. I will never understand why you chose this stance and took root. But, hey, to each their own.

+6

Report comment
(4y)

@michael59 I don't care about your approval Michael. Funny because Michael is the commander of the heavenly host of angels.

Report comment
(4y)

@AnhedoniaNightmare Arch Angel Michael is also the most powerful and also God's favorite.

+3

Report comment
(4y)

@michael59 Nope. Archangel Mikhael was (Μιχαήλ).

Now you are just a man, I presume?

Report comment
(4y)

@AnhedoniaNightmare I have noticed that you tend to presume way to much, way to often.

I'm done. I will not respond to you again.

+7

Report comment
(4y)

@michael59 Awww, why not? Come on. You know you want to. Wait, are you imply that you are the supreme commander of the heavenly host come down to smite me?

ROFL

Report comment
(4y)

@michael59 I'm sure you and I aren't the only 2 to have taken the same stance in failing to communicate further with the above noted caricature.

Yeah, caricature is exactly the right term here too as he obviously doesn't have enough character to be a complete and socially sentient human :>/

+4

Report comment
(4y)

@mrkim56 lol

We barely press the reply button and we are down voted. So sad.

+2

Report comment
(4y)

Damn bible thumpers!!!

+3

Hide 3 replies...
Report comment
(4y)

@Naja45 Aww sadface. That sounds like bigotry against 2.2 billion people.

Report comment
(4y)

@AnhedoniaNightmare Didnt know this site had bible school. ~1~

+2

Report comment
(4y)

@Naja45 Would you like there to be one?

Report comment
(4y)

Definitely presume too much an no social cue's i shall do the same....no reply....:)

+1

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(4y)

@Naja45 But you just replied! ROFL

Report comment
(4y)

Jesus never diesd for us he was crucified over suicide.... Matthew 4:12

Hide 2 replies...
Report comment
(4y)

@Naja45 Go on and elucidate your thoughts.

Report comment
(4y)

@Naja45 LOL!!!!!!!!!!

guru
Report comment
(4y)

Did someone mention Brexit?

+1

guru
Report comment
(4y)

My partner belting out Skid Row and singing to it whilst I am trying to listen to Game of Thrones!! It wouldn't be so bad if he was in tune, lol!!!! Oh, and it wasn't bloody Skid Row!!!! Lol :) :)

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(4y)

guru
Report comment
(4y)

Ooooh, one more, people using Wikipedia for referencing!!! Any idiot can post whatever they want on there and claim to be an expert on the subject! What happened to good old research and checking reliability of sites?

+8

Hide 2 replies...
Report comment
(4y)

@LissaDarkmoon🌘 I completely agree.

+3

Report comment
(4y)

@LissaDarkmoon🌘 Found, ironically, on Wikipedia. LOL

"A Wikipediholic, wikiholic, Wikipediaholic, Wikipath, wikiaddict, or wikimaniac is someone who suffers from Wikipediholism, or obsession (addiction in some cases) with Wikipedia or other wikis. It is often considered an obscure form of obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD)."

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:...

They have different stages and a 12-step program.

If we all chip-in together, I'm sure we could manage a weekend retreat for them?

God
Report comment
(4y)

Guilty! ...Sometimes! smiley

Hide 3 replies...
Report comment
(4y)

@bondojoe I'm not saying everything is wrong on there but some of the stuff is hilarious! We have a policy at my university and I think it goes for most UK universities that if you use Wikipedia for referencing on papers, you are automatically down-graded.

+2

Report comment
(4y)

@LissaDarkmoon🌘 I know...it's only as good as the people that write it. And who are they? LOL! I don't know! You're right. I should be doing more research.

+1

Report comment
(4y)

@bondojoe well I have to admit. , I didn't think you would get as much or any replys to this thread so high 5 from me hahaha

senior guru
Report comment
(4y)

+3

Hide 3 replies...
Report comment
(4y)

@chaseyerself LOL! I noticed that it was the woman complaining!

+2

Report comment
(4y)

@bondojoe just because guys have balls doesnt mean they dont moan as much or more than a woman hahaha

+2

Report comment
(4y)

@chaseyerself Believe me..any guy will tell you that there's nothing worse than getting whacked in the Jewels. It feels so bad , in a way that I can't even describe. It's just the worst feeling ever...and the PAIN!!! LOL! Yeah... I moan!

+1

guru
Report comment
(4y)

Best way to illustrate a point is to portray it in the most likely way possible, right? lol

Flame suit ON!!!!

+3

master
Report comment
(4y)

There actually are ways to simulate the equivalent pain of childbirth.

A medical researcher invented an electronic stimulation device for muscles. This then was used to simulate with various amplitude...muscle strain. It was used in psychiatry and in general medicine to maintain muscle tone in patients who were bedridden.

At high levels, it produces pain and further amplitudes causes severe pain.

Then they gathered morons who were guys and demonstrated an appropriate amplitude to simulate childbirth.
m.youtube.com/watch?v=b81Cr97ANr...

Weaklings. What if an episiotomy was required or a breech birth?

master
Report comment
(4y)

www.medicinenet.com/script/main/...

Despite this one unique aspect of female pain tolerance during labor and delivery, the science of dsicerning pain tolerance has abundant eveidence that women have a lower threshold of pain tolerance and so that has an important role on medicine and dulling pain.

Now curiously say in back pain, when some folks have spinal Xrays, they may not complain at all even though their spinal discs and vertebrae have degenerated (especially in the lumbar vertebrae) while others do complain.

We don't know why. So "pain" is not just nerve physiology and biochemical responses.
m.youtube.com/watch?v=5c8maFAhqI...

Pain processing is likely genetic and therefore the discernment of pain is complex. Co-morbidity is likely to exacerbate pain tolerance due to processing issues.

guru
Report comment
(4y)

Having endured both pain from severe disc damage and gall bladder spasms I'm a firm believer in the all natural increase in pain tolerance from eating 2-3lbs weekly of jalapenos.

Prior to back surgery 20+ yrs ago my surgeon told me he'd never seen a patient w/disc damage like mine who wasn't begging him to do something to make the pain stop which really just registered as moderate discomfort to me.

The gall bladder spasms I've experienced which sometimes lasted for 10 hrs straight usually end up with the patient in the ER and the physician recommending a gall bladder removal. I managed to endure these same spasms, treat myself with apple cider vinegar and changes to my diet and eventually they went away, without surgery.

Again, the capcasin released by eating peppers, which cause the body to produce increased levels of endorphins (your bodys own natural pain killer) is what I credit with increasing my pain tolerance exponentially.

+1

Hide 6 replies...
Report comment
(4y)

@mrkim56 I also eat an excessive amount of hot peppers, mainly cayenne. I grow them in the summer myself, dry them, and save them for use....put them i jars with aplle cider vinegar as use for hot suase...eat them fresh, and raw...cook with them. I eat them in some way every day of my life. Occasionally chili peppers, habeneros, ghost peppers and even ornamnetal Thai peppers.

Report comment
(4y)

@bondojoe Oh man I knew we had more in common than I thought dude! I'm a pepper freak too joe!

Problee my favorites are serranos for their taste but I also will eat all the chili pequins and habaneros I can get my hands on as I really enjoy their heat and flavor.

I got some dried ghost chilis a few years back but was dismayed at the heat they had and they wee pretty bland tasting all in all.

I eat only fresh peppers and have looked high and low locally for fresh ghost peppers but haven't as yet found any :>(

Report comment
(4y)

@mrkim56 Grow you're own Ghost peppers,and others. There are varieties that I'd never heard of. Outside in the summer, an grow light in the winter...just to keep them alive. ghostpepperstore.com/Pepper-Seed... I find a lot of varieties on Ebay too.

master
Report comment
(4y)

Higher levels of capsium induce higher metabolic rate and so induce sweating. Simiarly they act as natural purgatives against parasitic infection.

When cooking and using peppers, USE GLOVES as if you touch the mucous membranes of say your eyes, a terrible chemical burn can ensue. You will ruin a pair of contact lens as that capsium oil will coat and bond to the plastic of the lens.

It's nigh impossible to remove but milk helps. A serious eye infection could then cause an eye ulceration.

At the pharmacy, they have eye cups. You get plain saline, fill the eye cup, and irrigate by opening the eye lid and looking around.

Don't let this happen.

Hide 6 replies...
Report comment
(4y)

@AnhedoniaNightmare LOL! Anyone that grows their own peppers has learned what NOT to do.

Report comment
(4y)

@bondojoe Amen my Brother in Christ.

I heartily encourage all to regain some ancestral skills by growing a garden and raising some bees in an apiary or rabbits or chickens or ducks.

Then you have fresh ingredients and can preserve them by dehydration, canning, pickling, and freezing.

The least space is required by dehydration. Heck a car in the summer time is a fine dehydrator.

Significant money can be saved especially if you use inexpensive drip irrigation like recycled 2 liter bottles and soaker hoses and mulch.

One can easily make your own apple cider vinegar.

To make jelly/jam/preserves you need pectin. You can make your pectin from apples.

Report comment
(4y)

@AnhedoniaNightmare I've had chickens ..was getting about 30 eggs a day. Made Blackberry, Plum, Grape, Muscadine jelly. Canned and pickled all sorts of vegatables.

+2

Report comment
(4y)

@bondojoe Fresh plum preserves are delicious. Did you try making wine? Have you tried duck eggs? I think they taste better.

Report comment
(4y)

@AnhedoniaNightmare Dandelion wine...no duck eggs.

Report comment
(4y)

@bondojoe I've seen a French pear brandy where the fruit grows in the bottle.

Plum wine is very sweet but some women like it.
m.youtube.com/watch?v=UU5WYKE76T...

It's called umeshu.

+1

guru
Report comment
(4y)

Meh, I rarely ever even break a sweat from eatin peppers. Since I prefer sliced peppers in just about anything I eat (my Mom used to say I'd have eaten them w/Cheerios if they didn curdle the milk lol) I slice them bare handed and never have problems, though I always wash w/Dawn afterwards to get the oil off my hands.

There have been, let's gingerly call them "events" in the past where I forgot and rubbed my eyes, or even more excitingly, took a leak without washing my hands 1st and lemme tellya, "That'll wake ya up in the mornin boyle!!"

Luckily I don't wear contacts.

The one and only time peppers really get to me is if I'm frying 'em. The gas they give off when cooking is murder! Even w/good ventilation and such I will usually start severely coughing and gagging until I'm done. I've thought of tryin a respirator, just haddn done it yet :>)

+1

Hide 5 replies...
Report comment
(4y)

@mrkim56 Yes. Consider the humble poison ivy. If you burn it, the volatile oils are aerosolized and then one can not only get contact dermatitus but inhaled oils causing respiratory distress and mucous membrane damage.

Never burn poison ivy.

Report comment
(4y)

@AnhedoniaNightmare Someone with asthma might easily go into anaphylactic shock and die. That cloud of poison ivy oil could drift to a neighbor's home.

Report comment
(4y)

@AnhedoniaNightmare As a unique familial trait I have no allergic reaction to poison ivy, hell I can lay down and roll around in the stuff with no ill effects.

Poison oak on the other hand will set me off from simply brushing up against the stuff so I've learned to avoid it like the plague.

Having never developed a taste for fried poison ivy in my breakfast tacos/burritos, can't say how fryin the stuff might turn out:>)

Of course I'm being facetious with that last remark and yeah, I get your point in how the nasalized gas from burning the stuff and I imagine poison oak as well could easily lead to respiratory distress :>)

Report comment
(4y)

@mrkim56 Kids and counselors at summer camp would say that, then like fools then demonstrated, then had horrible cases of it.

In the old days docs would give cortisone shots. That clears it up fast. Alternative you take the cortisone pills that taper off over a week.

Poison ivy can be quite severe when people just intentionally roll around in it.

Special soaps are made that strip out the oils. Most generally they contain "jewellweed". That is the old ancestral medicinal. That is where preperation H gets the active ingredient to stop the itching.

Report comment
(4y)

@mrkim56 Another oddity that we share. Poison ivy, oak, or sumac...not allergic to any of them. The rest of the family IS. I use a weedaeter to cut them down, they fly back, and get all over my face....sometimes even in my mouth...nothing. They seem to prefer growing around the base of trees. I campd out with a girl one night...she called me in a couple of days to tell me that she was COVERED in hives, and sores. Nothing for me.

guru
Report comment
(4y)

Surely there's some genetic trait that makes me resistant to poison ivy, kinda like we're also all known to have the familial trait that, when we sweat, it begins in the scalp and on our foreheads 1st, which can be maddening with the stuff almost instantly gettin in your eyes!

Strangely enough my sister doesn't have the same trait and is deathly allergic to poison ivy.

Hide 14 replies...
Report comment
(4y)

@mrkim56 It's plausible that somehow you are resistant. I'venever heard of it.

The culprit is urushiol. That is what is in the oil.

I tell you that having a bar of that jewelweed soap is terrific when some poor kid is exposed. Your sister might like having some around just in case of accidental exposure.

Report comment
(4y)

@AnhedoniaNightmare Dunno man but most, while not all, members of my Moms side of our family exhibit this same trait.

My sister uses that same soap when she accidentally comes in contact w/ poison ivy.

About 20yrs ago I was clearing away some junk growing on my back fence and had no idea it was poison oak and man that was a BIG mistake!

Being it was hot, and doin this it was also kinda dusty it never dawned on me when it began to itch that it was a sign of a reaction so before I knew it had spread it all over myself!

Wound up missin a weeks work and had to take 2 cortisone shots to get it cleared up.

Report comment
(4y)

@mrkim56 Cortisone is what someone with bad inflammatory disease or injuries will beg the doc to use. They will but only once a year. It's a tool of last result with bad back pain.

It relieves the pain but is damaging.

Young physicians are very reticent to use it in cases of poison ivy. The cremes are useless.

Ivy Dry works as a way of drying up all the blistering so it heals faster.

Plain old thistles due to all the needles can be as bad as poison ivy.

Report comment
(4y)

@AnhedoniaNightmare Yeah I had a spinal cortisone injection once for back pain and man that was trippy, felt like I was being injected w/ice water. It didn't help for the back injury. That particular bout required a month of R&R to get over it.

I'd used everything I could find in the way of over the counter relief for the poison oak encounter and was getting no real relief. The cortisone shots did help for that though.

Report comment
(4y)

@mrkim56 Did you talk to him about a TENS unit?
www.medicalnewstoday.com/article...

As a quirky side note, some medical researchers are trying to use TENS units to help parapalegic women regain sexual pleasure. At least they were trying to at one time.

Report comment
(4y)

@AnhedoniaNightmare No but a few years later my sister got me one for Christmas and yeah, they're amazing for back pain relief. It's really the only relief I've found that works for me, short of simply gettin knocked out on some pain medication.

+2

Report comment
(4y)

@mrkim56 I said that hoping more people would try it. I'm glad it helped. The prices have come down.

For bone injuries that are problematic, they actually have made bone stim devices to accelerate the osteoblast activity. That has been going on for 19 years but many are not aware.

Report comment
(4y)

@AnhedoniaNightmare Yep a portable TENS unit is worth its weight in gold to me when my back pain gets a lil too intense.

I have degenerative joint disease in my back and was told when I had my back discectomy 20+yrs ago that I'd likely need 1 if not 2 more surgeries before I die.

These days I have just learned how to accept and deal w/a certain level of pain as normal and am much more careful than I once was.

All the strength I possessed in my youth, coupled w/the youthful/blissful ignorance of the lasting consequences of lifting incorrectly eventually took its toll.

Report comment
(4y)

@mrkim56 Hopefully they will never try to get you to fuse vertebrae. That always ends up making patients very angry due to poor outcomes.

Report comment
(4y)

@AnhedoniaNightmare Nope, not a happenin thing! Never yet heard of a good outcome from fusions.

Have a much younger friend in Ohio who's back issues are much more severe than my own and they claim it's his only solution as he has like 4 completely shattered discs.

He's put off that surgery for a number of years already but at only 40 is also almost completely immobilized and prone to falling which is really bad since he's 6'6", a helluva height to come down suddenly from!

Report comment
(4y)

@mrkim56 Yours are in the lumbar region like L1 and L2?

The cervical vertebrae with fusion is horrendous. They then can't turn their neck and have constant sternoclaidomastoid issues.

Report comment
(4y)

@AnhedoniaNightmare Yeah, they wound up shaving away damaged disc tissue from like 4 discs when they did mine, but all in the lower back.

His condition was brought on from a car wreck where he flipped a van end over end numerous times and in the course of the accident his seat belt actually ripped loose from the floor board, which sent him crashing around inside the van as well.

I believe his injuries are in both the lower and upper areas of the spine and he's said he wouldn't be able to turn his head if they did the fusion.

It's really awful, this is a super intelligent great guy, used to design and build/install corporate computer systems, even wrote his own Linux distro single handedly and now due to the amount of pain meds required to get him through the day he just can't focus sufficiently to do any of those things anymore.

Report comment
(4y)

@mrkim56 They did a laminectomy, I think.

When the cervical vertebrae is fused the patients quickly grow depressed because they can't communicate well and turn to face the speaker. They become withdrawn and housebound.

Report comment
(4y)

@AnhedoniaNightmare Correct, it was a laminectomy, pardon the error.

He's already almost completely housebound and deeply depressed about it.

He sometimes will just nod off from the medication when we're chatting online, which also frustrates him immensely.

senior guru
Report comment
(4y)

LOL

Cooking peppers + Don't burn poison ivy = Itchy hemorrhoids.

This is one of the very many reasons why AN should be avoided.

LOL

+2

Hide 2 replies...
Report comment
(4y)

@DemandingFemale LOL! Good one hon!!

+1

God
Report comment
(4y)

It's not moaning when it affect us ALL!

dosmovies.com/forum/thread/Fake-DMCA-req....

This topic has been closed.

Similar forum topics

FEEDBACK

Join 351,278 users who love movies and TV shows!

208,742 reviews • 122,406 films • 18,479 TV series