This site exists on your donations. Donate here
Switch theme
About Contact Log in Register!

351,278 users • 208,870 reviews
122,463 films • 18,489 TV series

Thumbs down button (1244 views, 21 replies)

This topic has been closed.

admin
Report comment
(7y)

We want to remove dislike/thumbs down buttons from comments and forum posts. We will leave only like/thumbs up buttons with the ability to cancel your action. <br> Is it a good idea? What do you think? Are you offended when you get a dislike?

Hide 3 replies...
Report comment
(7y)

@Dr.Evil It,s to easy for people to click up are " DOWN " (just because they don,t like you and other crap) when they could leave a small comment instead of hiding behind they thumbprint. <br> Three thumbs up from me ;~)

Report comment
(7y)

@Dr.Evil thumps up good.and thumps down good.

+2

Report comment
(7y)

@hackett LOL, That would pee off a few trolls.

senior guru
Report comment
(7y)

Yes it's a good idea but in reality "Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things".

+4

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(7y)

@nolan63 You think it's ok?

senior guru
Report comment
(7y)

Yes of course. Thumps up or say nothing. I think it's good idea.

Report comment
(7y)

Have we really gone so far as to protect against disagreement?

+4

top expert
Report comment
(7y)

Just this very morning I was reflecting on how much I liked the thumbs down buttons being everywhere. <br> <br> We can rate down reviews that aren't reviews in addition to spam forum posts. We can also show if we like ideas (notice your initial post suggesting the idea is disliked - hence the concept of removal isn't popular so far). <br> <br> I'd go further and hide anything with a negative rating below a certain amount, say what, 10 downvotes?..

senior guru
Report comment
(7y)

please leave the dislike button the like button will only lead to sequels being made

God
Report comment
(7y)

It is a good idea and would prevent users from down vote trolling you.

Hide 2 replies...
Report comment
(7y)

@FemaleLotRfan83 Would give you Two (Movies;) thumbs up, but would have trouble typing lol.

Report comment
(7y)

@PureVodka🍺 thumbs up.

+1

admin
Report comment
(7y)

Okay 50/50. Let's wait a couple of days.

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(7y)

@Dr.Evil I have a split personality does that help?

God
Report comment
(7y)

I,m out of thumbs comps.canstockphoto.com/can-stock... <br>

God
Report comment
(7y)

If the thumbs were to be changed, it would be better to do what other sites like YouTube does and show only the up votes. Yahoo changed the up and down votes in the comment sections of articles to a heart icon and people don't like it.

+2

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(7y)

@FemaleLotRfan83 Like your idea and it's the only way that would work imho ;)

expert
Report comment
(7y)

I will apologize to those who have been touched by <br> the childish acts of others. I am sorry that this has <br> happened to you. <br> BUT; Please do not remove 'thumbs down' button. <br> How else do you grade a movie that is un-watchable?? <br> Anyone can throw a link up for any movie to get attention <br> or ad clicks, empty ad clinks peeve me off - anyone else? <br> A waste of everyone's time and so far for me half of the <br> links don't work. <br> Anyone who has playable media are my buddies :-) <br> <br>

+2

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(7y)

@🌻MomDawg🌻 It is ONLY for comments and forum posts.

+2

God
Report comment
(7y)

I THINK YOU SHOULD LEAVE THUMBS DOWN BUTTON, some comments deserve thumbs down from time to time

+1

admin
Report comment
(7y)

Okay leaving everything as is.

+1

This topic has been closed.

Similar forum topics

FEEDBACK

Join 351,278 users who love movies and TV shows!

208,870 reviews • 122,463 films • 18,489 TV series