This site exists on your donations. Donate here
Switch theme
About Contact Log in Register!

351,278 users • 208,891 reviews
122,472 films • 18,489 TV series

The Next Cloverfield 2018- OVERLORD (858 views, 23 replies)

This topic has been closed.

God
Report comment
(5y)

smiley

+6

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(5y)

@Teeny💋 Excellent find! Thanks Teeny. The last installment was brilliant for me. Yay!

+3

guru
Report comment
(5y)

Saw trailers fr this. Looks epic!!!!

No relation to Cloverfield universe tho.

+3

Hide 9 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

@SonofSun Yes it is,there is
Cloverfield
10 Cloverfield Lane
The Cloverfield Paradox
this is the 4th installment. Since the last one explained different dimensions this one is set in our past.
Below is a copied statement I found on internet after Paradox came out.
This means the Cloverfield franchise is capable of crossing into practically any setting or time, and any genre of horror, with any kind of monster or threat its creators can think of. The next film in the franchise, Overlord, is set during World War II: it’s about a group of American paratroopers on D-Day, who encounter supernatural forces that are part of a Nazi experiment. And we can assume this experiment has something to do with the events caused by The Cloverfield Paradox.

www.two-movies.name/forum/thread...
www.two-movies.name/forum/thread...

+2

Report comment
(5y)

@Teeny💋 That's a frequent assumption made as it comes from the Bad Robot stable and is also a J.J. Abrams creation. Further assumptions were drawn because Lindsey Weber came on as part of the production team and she was in two Cloverfield movies.
It is also know that originally there were plans to make it a 4th installment, but that those plans were shanked rather quickly, by most accounts, due to Cloverfield Paradox's poor performance at the box office and even worse reviews from critics and fans. The fact remains however, it is NOT part of the Cloverfield Universe. Abrams admitted this already in January 2018 and denied that its included in the CU. He also said a fully-fetched, "proper" Cloverfield sequel is still in development and that Overlord is an independent monster movie standing on its own legs. Its more an issue than its "not longer" part of the CU than it wasn't part of the CU to begin with.

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@SonofSun Was it released where you live? Because Netflix bought Paradox for over 50 million for a straight to Netflix release. Critics were allowed to see it (hence the undo rep it got), but I never saw it listed in any cinema. www.vice.com/en_us/article/qvek4...

PS - not trying to be cheeky or argumentative, honestly curious if you had it released in your patch of the world. :)

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@ Ooops undue not undo. Jeez I oughta use that in the words that sound alike but mean something different. haha

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@ "Box Office" might've been misleading as I intended suggesting "major release", which of course included the Netflix's release. No, there was no theatrical release.

PS: all good. I like cheeky anyways. Boring ... well, bores me.

Report comment
(5y)

@SonofSun Lol fair play. Thank you for being easy going and friendly!

Report comment
(5y)

@ Ditto! Have a good night! (if its night there by you?).

Report comment
(5y)

@SonofSun 7:08pm. You do the same! I hope it's filled with whatever makes you smile. :)

Report comment
(5y)

@ 20h20 here. And I'm smiling. Watching my favourite series genre: Scandi/Nordic noir. Deadwind. Binge time.

God
Report comment
(5y)

The release date is November 9th 2018 smiley

+1

top expert
Report comment
(5y)

Thanks for the trailer upload! This looks interesting and looking forward to this! smiley

+1

God
Report comment
(5y)

It looks like it will be good.

+1

God
Report comment
(5y)

Well, I'm not sure that I believe the above comment about it not being part of the Cloverfield project especially since they named the next installment Overlord and it being about WW11. I guess we will all have to make that judgment after seeing the movie smiley

+1

Hide 5 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

@Teeny💋 Paradox is most certainly part of the Cloverfield franchise, just like 10 Cloverfield Lane is loosely part of it.

Report comment
(5y)

@ Ah, Abrams changed his mind about Overlord! It was certainly supposed to be, but to avoid the "flop" associated with Paradox he's made it "independent". lol

screenrant.com/overlord-movie-no...

+2

Report comment
(5y)

@ Either way, I can't wait to see it. Even if they changed their mind to release this one independently we all know it was originally written as being a part of the Cloverfield world.

+2

Report comment
(5y)

@Teeny💋 It certainly was the original intention and to me, I reckon there will be many, many connections to it. I can't wait either. I actually watched Paradox last night just because of this thread. LOL

+2

Report comment
(5y)

@ Yeah, it was supposed to be the 4th installment, and then it wasn't because of Paradox. Shame... now we have to wait and wait and wait for the 4th. Always felt that Cloverfield needed a sequel, as in-the-style-of the original Cloverfield. Upside tho, its "in development".

master
Report comment
(5y)

Well, whether it is part of the Cloverfield Universe or not, it still looks awesome and I look forward to it. I didn't know Paradox got such bad reviews and was considered a "flop". I really liked Paradox. So really we can look at this as a bonus. We get Overlord and another Cloverfield movie (maybe?) that Abrams said is still in the works. Sounds good to me.

+2

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(5y)

@rickgrimesrocks I agree! I loved Paradox too, I hate that it got such bad reviews. I do know when he made the first one, he had said he wanted America to have it's own creature like Godzilla but a new age one. So hopefully he hasn't gotten scared away from making another Cloverfield. There are so many ways he can do it bc of Paradox

+1

This topic has been closed.

Similar forum topics

FEEDBACK

Join 351,278 users who love movies and TV shows!

208,891 reviews • 122,472 films • 18,489 TV series