This site exists on your donations. Donate here
Switch theme
About Contact Log in Register!

351,278 users • 208,739 reviews
122,398 films • 18,478 TV series

Cloverfield Paradox (somewhat explained cont) (1233 views, 13 replies)

This topic has been closed.

God
Report comment
(6y)

It’s tempting to read the final shot of the monster in The Cloverfield Paradox as proof that it’s in the same timeline as Cloverfield, but that’s not necessarily true: Ava’s husband Michael says in The Cloverfield Paradox that there are several of “those things” – unlike the singular monster in Cloverfield – and there’s no mention of The Cloverfield Paradox‘s energy crisis in Cloverfield, not to mention the fact that The Cloverfield Paradox is, unlike Cloverfield, set years in the future. There are little connections between the films – the Mark Stambler of this film recalls 10 Cloverfield Lane‘s Howard Stambler, and satellites crash in all three films – but it’s likely that these are just Easter Eggs.
Read more at www.nme.com/blogs/the-movies-blog...
How the crew of the Shepard are responsible for all the other films

The Cloverfield Paradox is set at some point in the future, but as Stambler says the particle accelerator of the film is capable of “ripping open the membrane of space-time”, smashing together multiple dimensions “in the past” and “in the future” as well as in their own time. This explains how the film interacts with the other two to date. The ‘bleeding’ effect we see – the arrival of Jensen, the disappearance of Mundy’s arm – has taken place on a massive scale at random points in different years and across multiple universes.
Read more

+3

guru
Report comment
(6y)

Check out the end of the original Cloverfield after those kids get killed by all that rubble the monster caused. Pics enclosed. <br> <br> <br> <br> <br>

+1

Hide 2 replies...
Report comment
(6y)

@WEBHEAD🕸️ Too cool thanks for sharing that with me

+1

Report comment
(6y)

@WEBHEAD🕸️ or maybe it was the girl landing from the space station???

+1

guru
Report comment
(6y)

Last night I watched each film back to back with my full attention. I just had to understand these films better <br>

+1

guru
Report comment
(6y)

In one of the pics you'll see long digits wailing above the main mass that was falling <br>

+1

Hide 3 replies...
Report comment
(6y)

@WEBHEAD🕸️ I am going to have to do the same, watch all three.

+1

Report comment
(6y)

@WEBHEAD🕸️ I watched the original last night and you can TOTALLY see it fall into the water! Great catch.

+1

Report comment
(6y)

@Teeny💋 thank you. :) <br>

+1

senior master
Report comment
(6y)

I'm a late newcomer to Cloverfield's franchise. I didn't care to watch the original because it was the stupid shaky cam stuff. I also didn't watch the next one because I assumed it was a shaky cam also. While I am intrigued by the stories, I still have no desire to watch the original shaky cam.

God
Report comment
(6y)

Not sure what above message is about??? I don't know maybe 12 Strong??? smiley

Report comment
(6y)

more intrigued by the welding done with that paste. liked the movie though.

+1

Report comment
(6y)

also this movie sheds a rick and morty type of light on dimensions an such. the cloverfield monster you saw in a different movie could be in a different dimension... follow the drift...

+1

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(6y)

@eyebyte Rick and Morty Rocks!!

+1

This topic has been closed.

Similar forum topics

FEEDBACK

Join 351,278 users who love movies and TV shows!

208,739 reviews • 122,398 films • 18,478 TV series