This site exists on your donations. Donate here
Switch theme
About Contact Log in Register!

351,278 users • 209,203 reviews
122,584 films • 18,497 TV series

The Coronavirus near me !!!!! (961 views, 51 replies)

This topic has been closed.

senior guru
Report comment
(4y)

In the morning I have to go see my RA doctor in Valdosta GA and the Coronavirus is there .I'm afraid that when I get there I might get the coronavirus when I go see my doctor in the morning .I have enough health problems that I don't need any other problems such at that . once I get to my RA doctor's APT , I'm going to ask for a mask to keep me from breathing it in and wash my hands when I get into the office and before I leave wash my hands .I hope I don't get it at all .If any anyone knows how to be protected more from the Coronavirus (PLEASE!!!) let me know ! If you live in a town where the coronavirus is also present please share with everyone here on twomovies ? Thanks everyone !

+4

Report comment
(4y)
(edited)

First off, the masks are about as useful as a chocolate fireguard. They don't stop you from getting infected at all, they only stop you from sneezing/coughing on other people, so only infected people should be wearing them. (another point is if you have facial hair, a mask isn't going to seal properly anyway, so shave)

Secondly, the best way to protect from infection is to regularly wash your hands and avoid contact with other people: no handshaking, hugging, kissing, or just coming into any kind of physical contact at all...so no sports really.

Thirdly, isolation is recommended for the foreseeable time, only leave your house when absolutely necessary, such as the OP's trip to the Doctor. If you aren't out and about, you aren't likely to get infected.

lastly, remember that the virus can survive on surfaces for a short time, so try not to touch your face or eat/drink after touching communal areas like door knobs or seats.

For reference, I'm a British guy currently in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia and suspect i've caught Coronavirus. ...
Read more

+10

Hide 5 replies...
Report comment
(4y)

@Binger Thanks for that info ! It did help me a lot ,I'm a country man and I don't get out much at all. I live in the boonies (woods ) and I like to stay home and work on keeping my house clean anyway .Your advice will come in handy when I go see the RA doctor in the morning (THANKS!)

+3

Report comment
(4y)

@gregsohappy and if you have to shake hands give a boks touch fists or side hugg,we have already more then 600 in my small state like airya i,m dutch fora small country like mine yestherday was over 600 the day before about 300,i hope it wont dubble up everyday like that.i stay at homeif idont really most go out be save friend dont take unnessairy risks,have a nice weekend still bud. smiley smiley smiley

+4

Report comment
(4y)

@Binger If you feel like the common flu (influenza) is worse than whatever you've caught, it's highly unlikely that you've been infected with COVID-19. A common cold maybe.

+3

Report comment
(4y)

@LiliLawless well i'm not over 60 and don't have any pre-existing conditions which affect my immune system, so the likelihood is that if it is Coronavirus, it won't be any worse than a common flu according to my Doctor today.

+3

Report comment
(4y)

@Binger at least there are a few rational thinkers out there 👍 Good on you!

+1

senior guru
Report comment
(4y)

here is what happen in Valdosta GA school ! www.wtxl.com/news/local-news/val...

senior guru
Report comment
(4y)

My children gets out of school for two week because of the virus ,They are closing all schools down !!!

Hide 4 replies...
Report comment
(4y)

@gregsohappy Same in Spain and Ireland.

+2

Report comment
(4y)

@gregsohappy Same down here in the south.One Month!Thanx for your info smiley

Report comment
(4y)

@gregsohappy Yes, mine are off for two weeks, as of right now also and won't go back till March 30th. This could always be lengthened too. They will have to home school during this two week period and do their work online though.

+1

Report comment
(4y)

@rickgrimesrocks The school said, they be out til 27 of march ,but if the virus gets too bad ,then it could be longer ,also spring break is coming up the second week of April .They might be out for 3 weeks .I'll keep my children's mind active while they are out I hope that heat will kill the virus because it's getting hot here already .Maybe it will die off soon.

+2

God
Report comment
(4y)

It's everywhere! I went to grocery this week and had to go to 5 different stores to find toilet paper! Everywhere is sold out! We've had 2 cases in my county and schools have closed this week for cleaning
Teeny💋

+2

Hide 8 replies...
Report comment
(4y)

@Teeny💋 We had 12 cases down here.Same thing..No toilet Paper,etc.Schools just closed for a month.wow

+1

Report comment
(4y)

@Teeny💋 Wow, Teeny, same here in UK, can someone please tell me why the toilet roll? I don't get it, use kitchen towel,lol, shops around where I live actually have posters in the window, no Hand sanitiser for sale and limited toilet roll sales, I'm not dismissing the virus,I'm worried for my husband's health issues, I'm just a bit sceptical about the whole thing and where it came from and how all of a sudden it's ok in Wuhan and under control,we saw the poor people dragged out by there feet,r they ok now, the doctor that told everyone about it and 'died' a complete nightmare every where else,I don't know much, just seems a bit Dean Koontz to me, he wrote a book 30 yrs ago about a virus from wuhan wiping out Life as we know it , 30yrs ago, amazing. X

+1

Report comment
(4y)

@ijaija My husband is thinking the same exact way that there is something else behind this. It doesn't make sense with what I've heard that for the most part people have very mild symptoms. That older people and people work breathing difficulties are the ones getting hot the hardest with it.
I don't get the whole toilet paper thing either. There's an outbreak we need to but toilet paper in bulk..wtf? I thought I was doing creative thinking by going to bath and body works too find hand sanitizer as that is sold out everywhere too. Well everyone else had that bright idea as well. They were sold out as well!

+1

Report comment
(4y)

@Teeny💋 This crap with the toilet paper is ridiculous! I'm lucky I just bought a big pack before this all started or I would be sh*t out of luck (pun intended lol). I just hope that doesn't run out before stores are able to restock or I might have to resort to gathering leaves from the yard hahaha. You can't even get it online anymore either.

I don't understand why everyone thinks they need so much damn toilet paper anyway. Goodness people, leave some for other people. All the milk was gone from the store also. Milk isn't something you can stockpile either. It goes bad relatively quickly so Idk why it's all gone. When I did find a store that had milk I was limited to 2 half gallons.

Crazy. The world has went and lost its damn mind.

+3

Report comment
(4y)

@rickgrimesrocks I buy the big bundle rolls of toilet paper each month,because I buy for the month ,because I live so far out from a store . Milk I had to buy today 4 gallons ,because our goats having babies and you can't drink the milk yet . We have so much food ,that even if we did not go to the store we could live off it for 4 months (easy ). Also we have plenty of cans goods meats and veggies and soups . we have chickens and goats to eat if things gets really bad , but I hope that it does not come down to that .we also get food from the woods and ponds and streams . WE HAVE GATORS IN OUR PONDS (NEXT ON THE MENU WHEN MY GOATS ARE GONE !! smiley smiley ).

+4

Report comment
(4y)

@rickgrimesrocks I'm right there with you on this. Grocery stores are like a mad-house around here. I'm waiting for people to start first fighting over hand sanitizer or to. I doubt production at the TP plants are going to stop production completely from this virus. This is crazy!!

+2

Report comment
(4y)
+7

Report comment
(4y)

@(⌐■_■) Lmao...I love it! 💋💋

+2

guru
Report comment
(4y)

It's near me as well. It was in the county near mine awhile ago and that's when I went to the store to stock up before panic really set it. Also didn't want to wait until there were hundreds of people crowded in the store to get stuff before I went to get everything. Now, I find out that it was confirmed someone at the Air Force base near me has it. That's a 5 minute drive from me. I will be watching movies and tv shows for the next 6 months lol. They closed all the schools around here too, starting Monday. I'm not stepping foot outside for anything. My fort is locked down.

+4

expert
Report comment
(4y)

I'm sure you will be fine, don't waste money on those masks unless you are actually sick, they only keep you from spreading it through coughing, not from getting it. Wash your hand's frequently and don't panic, it's not the zombie apocalypse...

+4

master
Report comment
(4y)
(edited)

smiley Dammit!!! I was far more prepared for a zombie apocalypse...
than this smiley snot-and-toilet-paper catastrophe.

+4

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(4y)

@(⌐■_■) Me too! Don't fret there is still time for the undead to rise 💋💋

+3

senior guru
Report comment
(4y)
(edited)

Thanks to everyone that posted something on The Coronavirus near me forum !!

+3

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(4y)

@gregsohappy smiley Hope all the goats 'n chickens make it thru this too!! smiley

+2

Report comment
(4y)

This TP issue is driving me nuts - I hope people realize you can not flush facial tissues (Kleenex) it will ultimately cause issues with plumbing and septic systems - here in the US anyway. I live in a condo and the actions of the 2 units ( apartments) above me can place me in a predicament if the system goes awry

+1

Hide 5 replies...
Report comment
(4y)

@faithshines Get a power washer that easily attaches to attaches to the toilet .
"Bidet sprayer for toilet"

Report comment
(4y)
(edited)

@CanyonD ohdeargawd imagine an actual truck wash kind of POWER WASHER as a bidet... can't stop smiley

Report comment
(4y)

@(⌐■_■) I installed 1 to try it.. I liked it! So I installed them on every toilet. Can't beat the powerwasher for cleaning. A roll of TP lasts forever now. Just need small towels to buff and dry..

Report comment
(4y)

@CanyonD I was considering one not to long ago - wish I had gotten it - but my comment was more of an advisory for people to be aware that some alternatives to TP could prove damaging especially if the issue drags on

Report comment
(4y)
(edited)

@faithshines Its not too late, Plenty in stock on Amazon. Just be advised to throw away the hose that comes with any of them, and replace it with a vinyl shower hose. They have a tendency to bust when you are not home; if you leave the water valve on. And you are correct. Paper towels and wipes will jam up the pipes real quick. One can always just use a wash cloth, and a small bucket/tall cup to rinse and clean up. We have all been conditioned to use things , throw them away, buy more...repeat.

+2

Report comment
(4y)

its here in central Arkansas now... They have only closed schools of 4 or 5 counties as of yet- i foresee it being the entire state shortly. We are isolated for 2 weeks due to being in one of the said counties. Lets hope its simple as the flu but its caused a lot of problems in its wake.

master
Report comment
(4y)

Hmmmm China and possibly South Korea maybe managed a containment strategy...thus it is too late for Europe and FAR to late for US. We can only stretch time.
Europe is basically shut down. What is realy worrying is the US:
I dont wanna make this a left/liberal/conservative thing but the corona managment of Washington was and is a desaster.
On John Hopkins map there are still only 2800 PROVED cases.
No tests NO PROOFS
Ohio state (A L O N E)officials reckon a whopping 100.000 currently infected MINIMUM
No test you are not in statistics.

senior guru
Report comment
(4y)

I would like to know does the Coronavirus effect animals as well ? I have not heard of any reports on animals getting it . PLEASE if you know PLEASE tell me about it !!!!

+1

Hide 9 replies...
Report comment
(4y)

@gregsohappy The WHO released a statement a few days ago stating that the Coronavirus cannot be passed to Dogs and Cats. So your pets are safe.

+2

Report comment
(4y)

@Binger What about my goats and chickens???

+1

Report comment
(4y)

@Binger also could you post it on here .so everyone can read it ?It would be so helpful !!!

Report comment
(4y)
(edited)

@gregsohappy AKC Website: The CDC says that “while this virus seems to have emerged from an animal source, it is now spreading from person-to-person.” The CDC recommends that people traveling to China avoid animals both live and dead, “but there is no reason to think that any animals or pets in the United States might be a source of infection with this novel coronavirus.”

While the one dog in Hong Kong has shown a “low-level infection” with COVID-19 that is “likely to be a case of human-to-animal transmission,” local government health officials emphasize that “there is currently no evidence that pet animals can be a source of infection of COVID-19 or that they become sick.”

Dr. Jerry Klein, Chief Veterinary Officer for the AKC, says, “The CDC has not reported any cases of pets or other animals becoming infected with COVID-19 in the United States or anywhere else in the world, including hotbeds like Italy.” Dr. Klein urges common sense best practices when it comes to our pets: “If you have children, you wouldn’t have them touch a puppy and put their fingers in their mouth, because they can have fecal contamination,” he says. “The general practice of washing our hands after touching a puppy or a dog—that’s normal hygiene.”
Read more

+3

Report comment
(4y)
(edited)

@(⌐■_■) GOOD! I had to ask that ,because I have not seen any sick birds nor wild animals being sick by it .all the birds are singing up a storm as usual and they don't act sick .Everything looks normal here . I hope that the spring weather kills off the virus and everyone can get back to their life as usual . Thanks for the info !

+1

Report comment
(4y)

@gregsohappy The virus does not thrive in heat... lets hope for a long HOT summer indeed!! All my best to you and yours sweet pea.

+2

Report comment
(4y)

@(⌐■_■) Thank you so very much !! smiley

+1

Report comment
(4y)

Report comment
(4y)

@gregsohappy A silverwings colloidal silver kit may be an answer. You can make 20ppm solution really cheap, and help keep the animals healthy.

guru
Report comment
(4y)

Dr.Shiva posted a discussion about Covid-19 that wil expand your knowledge about the human immune system. He will show you how to enhance your immune system against CV-19, and any other flu with common and inexpensive compounds. The time to start is now , before you get ill.

senior guru
Report comment
(4y)

just found out that Valdosta has 8 people with the Covid-19 ,BUT that was 3 days ago.

This topic has been closed.

Similar forum topics

FEEDBACK

Join 351,278 users who love movies and TV shows!

209,203 reviews • 122,584 films • 18,497 TV series