About Contact Log in Register!

351,278 users • 208,723 reviews
122,397 films • 18,478 TV series

Spoiler tags (958 views, 29 replies)

This topic has been closed.

admin
Report comment
(5y)

I see a lot of users don't understand how spoiler tag works. You must put spoiler text between tags.

[spo iler] text here [/spo iler] (added spaces to disable spoiler tag parsing)

It will produce
[SPOILER]

+11

Hide 5 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

@Dr.Evil Thanks for posting this thread. Hopefully members will utilize this feature instead of posting spoilers because there has been a lot of spoilers lately. Many from the same members which I had to block. Even the smallest spoiler can ruin a film/series for someone.

[SPOILER]

smiley smiley

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@Dr.Evil Good call. Maybe even a new top-ten spot on FAQ?

+2

Report comment
(5y)

@Dr.Evil Do people blame the author of a book if they skip ahead in the book?

Therefore, if you skip ahead in episodes, people may chat about so and so from episode 5 on episode 8, but someone who's not seen any of the series reads it, and is that a spoiler?

Or is it that they skipped ahead where they shouldn't be looking?

It's a wee bit subjective in series with multiple seasons and episodes.

+2

@ Agreed! Some people like to complain about this sort of thing, and a very long list of other things and people. If I think there is a potential spoiler in a comment, I will ignore it and move on.

I guess they think being a "squeaky wheel" will get them more notoriety and attention?

+2

Report comment
(5y)

@𝓜𝓸𝓾𝓼𝓮*🐭 You're guess is as good as mine. lol

I've given up trying to play the game, because it has no rules.

I have always used the spoiler brackets, but in series, if a person reads ahead, it's at their own risk.

Obviously, I wouldn't give anything away in a current episode, but 3 or 4 episodes on + it's fair game.

It's like reading ahead in a book to me; the reader assumes responsibility for reading ahead.

+2

senior guru
Report comment
(5y)

[SPOILER]

+2

Hide 1 reply...

master

[SPOILER] smiley

+3

guru
Report comment
(5y)

My spoiler is broke
smiley

+2

Hide 14 replies...
Report comment
(5y)
+2

Report comment
(5y)

@WEBHEAD🕸️ I've noticed a couple of people complaining that their Spoiler/Youtube/Link tags are missing - It's usually their adblock addon.

Have you tried disabling them to see if it's one of those?

Report comment
(5y)

@DemandingFemale Mine been back up since restarting my putor.

+1

God
Report comment
(5y)

[SPOILER]

+4

God
Report comment
(5y)

Yes, since i've used the site, i've seen people post reckless spoilers. This is when the thumbs (and other members giving you warning helps) down on comments gives you a little warning of one and if i think there is a chance of a spoiler from someone i will skip throw that comment.

+1

Hide 2 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

@PureVodka🍺 The thumbs up/down are all nonsense and pointless. They do not even reflect the comment in any way whatsoever. This is just my opinion though from what i see and read on here. It seems that members who are friends will up vote each other's comments no matter what. I have seen a movie comment literally say "Great." and have 10 votes up. lol that's an awesome review. one word. meanwhile another member takes the time to write a real review and they have 1+ it's all the group mentality coming from the same members thats been going on for years as shown in older comments.

Even the straight up spoilers that are OBVIOUSLY SPOILERS get voted up by the same group of members who are both writing them and voting them up. They also never get removed. It seems that there is favoritism on here when it comes to members and mods/admins.

I have seen more members get muted/banned from chat for just arguing back and forth but yet the other member remains and continues to insult. This also applies to comments and how it's biased that some are deleted and others remain.
Read more

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@3UN01A I totally agree.smiley

+1

skilled
Report comment
(4y)

Clueless re: 'spoiler tag" What is it? Can someone post an example?

master
Report comment
(4y)

[SPOILER]

+1

This topic has been closed.

Similar forum topics

FEEDBACK

Join 351,278 users who love movies and TV shows!

208,723 reviews • 122,397 films • 18,478 TV series