This site exists on your donations. Donate here
Switch theme
About Contact Log in Register!

351,278 users • 208,794 reviews
122,426 films • 18,483 TV series

Oscars® 2019 game (1317 views, 109 replies)

This topic has been closed.

senior master
Report comment
(5y)

As a member of the 2Movies Academy of Motion Pictures, you are invited to vote for your favorites in the race for the 91st Oscars® in the following categories ...

How to vote:

W. Copy and paste the letters of the categories (below) into a comment box.
X. Select ONE number which corresponds with your choice from each category.
Y. Type number beside the LETTER of the relevant category.
Z. Click SUBMIT

A =
B =
C =
D =
E =
F =

Winner(s):
Those entries that have chosen the correct "And the Oscar® goes to ..." in all SIX categories will be published here following the event on Sunday, February 24, 2019.

Closing submit date:
Friday, February 22, 2019

good luck!

+10

God
Report comment
(5y)

Just so you know, a lot of this is guessing on my part. I haven't seen most of these movies. I've watched 2. 😳

A = 3
B = 4
C = 1
D = 3
E = 3
F = 5

+4

Hide 6 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

@delamitri That makes two of us not watching them all, so i don't want to play because the ones i haven't seen aren't in HD either but the ones i have, have me conflicted.

+3

Report comment
(5y)

@R3VENANT I just wanted to drop this down into latest posts because I think a lot of people could have fun with it. Same here, I was conflicted on just the 2 I saw. I haven't watched the Oscars since I was a kid, but I don't ever remember hearing of a superhero movie winning best picture, or I might have chosen Black Panther. If it was up to me, all Marvel and DC movies should have won Oscars, haha. Rock docs and biopics are my second favorite, so I know I would have picked Bohemian Rhapsody even if I'd seen the rest. 😊

+4

Report comment
(5y)

@delamitri I relate.
I gave it a like for the same purpose, i consider it a great game although the academy is biased and maybe also a sham(the moonlight envelope fiasco comes to mind)also haven't followed in a while.

Well, we got time to watch and get to a conclusion to choose our winners, hopefully we will get HD copies of the films before the due date.

Of course Black Panther has to win something(i am certain it will win costumes) but not all comic related movies deserve praise.(i would have liked DCs Dark knights by Nolan to have been nominated for anything)

I feel the same with Bohemian Rhapsody..

+3

Report comment
(5y)

@R3VENANT You're right that all comic related movies don't deserve praise. I'm just biased like a juvenile. 😉

Dark Knight, heck yeah! 👍 It got 2 of I believe a handful it was nominated for. Heath Ledger for supporting actor was one. The rest were sound and effects stuff.

+3

Report comment
(5y)

@delamitri Yeah; you're right forgot the posthumous awards Heath got, feels like an eternity since his passing.

My bad i didn't check before writing it.

I didn't mean they all didn't deserve it just not all of them... And nothing negative to/with it.

+2

Report comment
(5y)

@R3VENANT I didn't take it negative at all. 😊 My top 2 votes for undeserving would be The Green Hornet and Green Lantern.

+3

God
Report comment
(5y)

I don't watch the Oscar's because they are too self congratulatory and there are a lot of films that don't even get mentioned and deserve more recognition than the "mainstream" films, but... I'll play anyhow! Lol

A = 8
B = 1
C = 5
D = 5
E = 5
F = 3

+5

senior master
Report comment
(5y)

+4

God
Report comment
(5y)

The primary reason I chose what I did is that the bulk of the Oscar's always go to political biopics.

Creative films might get a nod, but they probably won't win the big recognition they might deserve.

Just my observation.

+5

Hide 2 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

@ Thank you for your usual observant observation. Merci.

+4

Report comment
(5y)

@..box.. "Observant observation"0sounds like the beginning of a tongue twister. Lol

+4

senior master
Report comment
(5y)

Of course, like any good horse race there are favourites and outsiders...

We'll be keeping you informed from time to time ... don't forget to participate.

+4

God

Full disclosure: I haven't seen a couple of these movies yet so I can't be confident in some of my answers.

A = 5
B = 2
C = 4
D = 3
E = 2
F = 4

+6

senior guru
Report comment
(5y)

I haven’t seen all of them.

A = 3
B = 5
C = 1
D = 5
E = 1
F = 1

+6

senior guru
Report comment
(5y)

Are these the real the nominees?

+3

Hide 3 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

@michael59 Michael - would I lie to you?

Yes, all present and accounted for. We'll be hitting you with updates as to the favourites (how the betting houses see things) and also encouraging you to check out the films yourself.

If you change your mind, just vote again!

+5

Report comment
(5y)

@..box.. Ummm....no? lol

So how does that work? 2019 has just started.

+3

Report comment
(5y)

@michael59 You're right ... it is a bit confusing as the films have to be screened in 2018 (I think) in cinemas in the USA (thinking again) but the ceremoney and awards have this year on them. Can't really say why.

+4

senior guru
Report comment
(5y)

A = 7
B = 2
C = 3
D = 4
E = 4
F = 4

+6

senior guru

I have only seen A Star Is Born from the choices on that list. And I didn't think it was as good as the Streisand version, so I wouldn't be voting for it.
So I think I will abstain... for now. Might watch some of the others and come back when I do have an opinion.

+3

Hide 2 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

@⭐️janerosity⭐️ OK Jan. You have plenty of time until Friday, February 22, 2019.

+3

Report comment
(5y)

@⭐️janerosity⭐️ How was it Jan? I've not bothered to watch because.. Acck! A musical and then the romance factor..

+1

senior guru

smiley

A = 3
B = 2
C = 4
D = 5
E = 5
F = 4

smiley

+5

senior guru
Report comment
(5y)

A = 5
B = I have no idea
C = 5
D = 5
E = 4
F = 4

+5

senior master
Report comment
(5y)

Some more pretty basic graphics to let you know that ...

Viggo, a clear outsider there, and we LOVE an outsider. Voting time?

+3

guru
Report comment
(5y)

Uh I need a laptop to participate smiley smiley this is way too much work and head games
m.youtube.com/watch?v=CQdnn4QZ8K...
smiley smiley smiley

+1

Hide 5 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

@CollideDuhScope I just NEED to watch all of these.. How Roma is up there I dunno.. It wasn't tragic or even dramatic.. I found it absolutely boring.. Greenbook wasn't 1/2 as s bad bc at least it was a biography and true,I did enjoy that one..sorry for the edit.. It appeared I didn't know English smiley

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@CollideDuhScope OK CDS thanks for the effort anyway.

Could you not just type A=1 B=2 C=3 (for example)?

+3

Report comment
(5y)

@..box.. Perhaps

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@CollideDuhScope My entire reply went POOF... Things that make ya go hmmm haha

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@CollideDuhScope What a shame. Maybe have another go later or tomorrow?

+4

guru
Report comment
(5y)

Wait wait wait...I just replied to meself.... smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley

+2

senior master
Report comment
(5y)

Two weeks to go ... today we'll look at

Roma director is the front runner at the moment.

+4

guru
Report comment
(5y)

My Guess:

A = 3
B = 1
C = 4
D = 1
E = 1
F = 3

+5

Hide 3 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

@springfield45 Looks like very well calculated "guessing".

smiley

+5

Report comment
(5y)

@..box.. OK now a difficult question, I only watched one from the Best Picture, take a guess. :-)

+5

Report comment
(5y)

@springfield45 I'll PM you

+5

senior master
Report comment
(5y)

Did you know ...?

oscar titbits

+4

master
Report comment
(5y)

So 🤔 without subs i cannot watch "Cold War", that's the only one i am missing from the roster.

Ahi va:

A = 3
B = 4
C = 1
D = 2
E = 1
F = 4

Alternatively i think Willem Dafoe was brilliant and the Direction of the movie was quite fresh and dynamic.

And not featured but for sure Black Panther will win in costumes.

🤞

+5

Hide 2 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

@R3VENANT Probably the most informed vote so far. You are the expert so I may have to "borrow" from your expertise.

Are you making bets?

+4

Report comment
(5y)

@..box.. I don't really do bets and I'm still debating between some options.. specially because they're all different for being mostly Dramas.

You got 2 musicals(only ASIB actually singing and it's a remake), 2 foreign language both in black and white, 1 "period" piece, 1 comic book related blockbuster, 4 of them are Biographical (in a way), only 2 have romance as a focal point (one of them based on a book)(The wife is the opposite of romantic 🙄, i don't know what was The Favourite expected to be)...

The supporting actresses weren't in the slightest outstanding except for comic relief(Emma) but the strong area here is the Director and best actor...

To choose best picture is like giving a gun to a blind man in a fight.(or insert birdbox meme here)

The criteria is too open .. if you go for political or a social statement as some have mentioned before there is only 4 movies representing black people, 2 mental illness/ substance abuse (3 if you count the Cheneys HA!), lgbtq representation in some way is there, classism is there too... ...
Read more

+5

senior guru
Report comment
(5y)

A = 7
B = 2
C = 5
D = 5
E = 5
F = 1
... I vote according to their outstanding performances smiley

+4

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(5y)

@Stan123 Amy Adams is a good choice as I have read she has been nominated 6 times for an Oscar and has yet to win.

Glenn Close goes one better (7) without a win!

May see some redress on the night?

And maybe the odd red dress?

+6

senior master
Report comment
(5y)

With only to days left to closing the thread, let's have a look at the odds for the category of BEST PICTURE ...

+4

senior master
Report comment
(5y)

Haven't won an Oscar yet? Don't worry, you are in good company. Here are some of the biggest unfortunates to attend the ceremony.

+4

senior master
Report comment
(5y)

Time to throw the hat in the ring ...

A = 6
B = 2
C = 4
D = 2
E = 4
F = 1

+4

senior master
Report comment
(5y)

Only 8 days to closing time and ...

+3

master
Report comment
(5y)

a=7
b=4
c=5
d=4
e=4
f=2

I haven't seen any of these yet smiley (peer pressure, man... hahah)

+4

Hide 2 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

@maeGastar Mae, you still have over a week if you want to do some cramming ... no problem to vote again if you wish.

+4

Report comment
(5y)

@..box.. thank you! i'm still going to try to watch some :)

+4

God
Report comment
(5y)

A = 5
B = 4
C = 5
D = 4
E = 1
F = 3

+4

Hide 2 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

@antonio777 Antonio - that is looking good. A good spread.

+3

Report comment
(5y)

@..box.. Thank you! :) that's my choice and my modest contribution

+4

God
Report comment
(5y)

A. 3
B. 3
C. 4
D. 4
E. 3
F. 3
I haven't seen all the movies so I just guessed at this. I've been watching so many series lately, I am really behind on my movies!
This msg is 100% teeny approved smiley

+4

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(5y)

@Teeny💋 I see you are going for the "music" films. This could be the year.

+4

Report comment
(5y)

I must admit that for me, the Oscars usually serve as a guide of the movies to skip. Quality doesn't go hand in hand with entertainment. Therefore my choices are entirely based on what would have been the most entertaining scenario on an award ceremony:

A = 1 (because superheroes deserve equal rights)
B = 1 (because Lanthimos made me contemplate all the different ways that I could kill myself in Dogtooth)
C = 5 (because Viggo is the underdog)
D = 5 (because I wanna hear that acceptance speech)
E = 5 (because the coin toss said so)
F = 1 (because she was the best Lois Lane)

+2

Hide 3 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

@JudgeDredd Wonderful. An extremely well considered ballot paper and solid justifiable reasons for each and every one of your choices (except maybe for the coin toss as how do you do a coin toss between 5 - only a quibble).

I had a soft spot for Margot Kidder though.

smiley

+4

Report comment
(5y)

@..box.. Oh, I know what you mean. I had a crush on her when I was a child. But alas we must evolve with the times and choose the only Lois Lane brave enough to use the term "d**k-measuring" in a Superman movie :-)

The coin toss was between the two Sams…..didn't know any of the others I am afraid

+4

Report comment
(5y)

@JudgeDredd LOL - I'm still playing in Jurassic Park!!!!

Can't beat a pair of Sams!

+4

God
Report comment
(5y)

A-7
B-5
C-5
D-2
E-1
F-5

+3

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(5y)
+1

top expert
Report comment
(5y)

Here are my picks!

A = 7
B = 4
C = 4
D = 4
E = 5
F = 2

+5

Hide 2 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

@Cinemapie Roma, music and politics. An explosive combination pie.

We'll see.

+5

Report comment
(5y)

@..box.. Totally agree!!!!! Can't wait!

+4

skilled
Report comment
(5y)

A = 3
B = 4
C = 4
D = 4
E = 5
F = 1

thanks for the invite. peace!

+4

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(5y)

@brian195951 Same answer as for Pie.

No copying allowed (except when I get a cut).

+3

senior guru
Report comment
(5y)

ty for the invite i havent seen all of them, yet.
my votes so far:
A=2
B=1
C=5
E=1

+4

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(5y)

@simi5 The jury is out on this one. Will be calling for a recount when all the ballot papers have been filled.

For the moment, going against the grain.

+3

top expert
Report comment
(5y)

A = 7
B = 1
C = 4
D = 4
E = 5
F = 3
A+B+C=12
D+E+F=12
12+12=24
4+2=6 Categories that we are voting on.

+5

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(5y)

@GreedyGrnRabbit In other words you have found the correct answer to life, the oscars and everything?

Should I be going to a betting shop with this combination?

It is an interesting combination.

+3

Report comment
(5y)

A = 1
B = 2
C = 5
D = 2
E = 3
F = 5
Purely all guesses, haven't seen any of these movies. :) ;)

+5

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(5y)

@quietnature I am "quietly" liking this one.

+4

top expert
Report comment
(5y)

A = 6
B = 4
C = 4
D = 4
E = 3
F = 5
I'm voting as biased and as unfairly as possible. It's purely a matter of who I like!

+5

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(5y)

@lamusette That is the best way to do it Lamusette. Thanks for the effort.

+4

top expert
Report comment
(5y)

A = 1
B = 4
C = 2
D = 4
E = 3
F = 2

+5

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(5y)

@sistar A big fan of ASIB and ROMA I see.

Thanks for participating Sistar.

+4

senior master
Report comment
(5y)

OK, with 6 days left before the thread closes, we look at the final group for the odd analysis ...

+4

master
Report comment
(5y)

Thanks for the invite, didn't watch them don't want to be dis-honest and watch quick just to play. Invites welcome on any game.

+5

Hide 2 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

@♱SKY♱ There are loads of games... you're always very welcome.

:)

+4

Report comment
(5y)

@♱SKY♱ Thanks for stopping by and your honesty. But it isn't really an examination - more like a lottery or an election prediction.

You can make an educated "guess" based on the history of the Oscars and the criteria they use (which is anybody's guess).

Or you could say "Fiddlesticks" and choose a few numbers between 1 and 8 (depending on the category).

Then there are your personal favourites that you have seen/appreciated in other movies.

No viewing necessary nor advisable (in some cases).

Your call. Ciao.

+4

top expert
Report comment
(5y)

Mmm.... so I havent watched most of these movies but having watched the baftas and golden globes as a hint... these are my winner lists
A=3
B=1
C=4
D=2
E=1
F=2

+4

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(5y)

@Joann24 A mixed bag here Joann - that last one is the rank outsider. Interesting.

+3

God
Report comment
(5y)

A=8
B=5
C=1
D=1
E=3
F=5

+3

Hide 2 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

@bondojoe Nice one Joe - your perfect combination of Music and Politics.

+4

Report comment
(5y)

@..box.. I took notes from every political leader!

+3

Report comment
(5y)

A = 2
B = 1
C = 1
D = 3
E = 1
F = 1

I probably won't get any right

+4

Hide 2 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

@Maslow52 Also thanks for including me

+4

Report comment
(5y)

@Maslow52 You are welcome and BIG thank you for making the effort. Much appreciated.

+3

top expert
Report comment
(5y)

Given that the only movies I've seen out of all the nominees are Black Panther and BlacKKKlansman, my guess isn't worth too much, but out of what I know, I'd go for BlackKKKlansman as best picture even though it wasn't at all what I was expecting. All I knew going into it was the title so I expected a straight up comedy, which it was not. Great flick, though. Thanks for the invite @box.

A = 2

+5

Hide 3 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

@crake Thanks for the contribution
crake ... anything to the corncrake?

+5

Report comment
(5y)

@..box.. My avatar is an African crake, but I don't discriminate ;-) For me, it's as in 'Oryx and Crake'.

+4

Report comment
(5y)

@crake Thanks for the clarification crake ... and good luck with the choice.

+4

Report comment
(5y)

I haven't seen most of these movies but i'll play anyways :)
A = 3
B = 2
C = 4
D = 4
E = 3
F = 5

+5

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(5y)

@Buffy97 From your profile and comments I can see you are more of a TV show fan, so thanks for making the effort here. Appreciated.

Maybe we can do one for the Emmys when they come around again.

+4

master
Report comment
(5y)

A = 3
B = 5
C = 4
D = 4
E = 4
F = 3

Good luck everyone!

+6

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(5y)

@rickgrimesrocks Nice one RGR on the voting and the sentiment.

+4

senior master
Report comment
(5y)

Only 3 days to go before the thread closes, so vote or revote or whatever.

Meanwhile, did you know ... ?

+5

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(5y)

@..box.. Al Pacino all over!!--in the Godfather films.and in Dog Day Afternoon.--we loved those Godfather films so we treated the Oscars as a must-see.--but now i don't even watch it.--the movies are crappier, and even "Vice" and "Green Book" have great performances but only that.--and i'm afraid some dumb actor will curse out or threaten Trump or the Republicans,or try to punch a republican.--or make a big speech for "Vice" hah hah!!

+2

senior master
Report comment
(5y)

T minus 2 days and counting, until the thread closes so you still have time to fill in your ballot paper and hit the SUBMIT button.

Meanwhile, a trip down memory lane ...

To find all of the Best Picture winners, just click here ... dosmovies.com/movie/oscar....

+5

master
Report comment
(5y)

A.=3.(someone else said it was very good)B.=1.(cuz i didn't see any of them-give it to Spike.)C.=4.(CUZ SOMEONE SAID HE WAS GREAT.)D.=( don't know, give it to the oldest one!)E.=5.(I saw that VICE,just didn't like it.)F.=1.(anyone can see she needs it after "Arrival".)

Yeah, smiley my sister who is pretty conservative, liked "Bohemian Rhapsody,"said it was great,actor also.It was probably the best movie, i bet;"Vice" had all that "acting" but I didn't care for it--more Hollywood junk/ as to politics.

I tried to watch "Green Book" the whole plot was so SET-UP it did nothing but depress me.--you gotta CARE ABOUT the characters to enjoy a movie--or really hate them.--so i only started Green Book.--I wasn't looking forward to the Deep South in that situation.--I would go there to eat bar-be-que, not sing!--or irritate any one.(you do know, the hotter the climate,the more angry and irritated the people get?Me for Alaska!!)hah hah!! smiley Probably "BlackKKlansman" is a real rip-snorter his movies were always good. ...
Read more

+3

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(5y)

@clarachan1355 So Clara, I am going to put you down for;

A=3
B=1
C=4
D=?
E=5
F=1

It makes it easier to count when the results are in.

Thanks for the contribution and the comments.

+3

senior master
Report comment
(5y)

A bit more Oscar trivia ...

To find all of the Best Picture winners, just click here ...

dosmovies.com/movie/oscar....

+4

senior master
Report comment
(5y)

Today is the last day to reflect and vote.

By the way, I found this list, lying behind one of the filing cabinets ...

Remember, all of the Best Picture winners, can be found here ...

www2.two-movies.name/movie/oscar

+3

senior master
Report comment
(5y)

Remember, today is the last day to vote. CLOSING TIME FOR THREAD: 09:00 Hours (GMT) Saturday 23 February 2019

And the last bit of OSCAR trivia ...

CLOSING TIME FOR THREAD: 09:00 Hours (GMT) Saturday 23 February 2019

+3

God
Report comment
(5y)

A = 6
B = 4
C = 3
D = 3
E = 4
F = 4

+2

Hide 2 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

@KiaZi Great choice 🙦€ᗩяṪн𒆙Ş𐌓𝓲ŘĮ𝕋 ..Thanks for the contribution.

+2

Report comment
(5y)

@..box.. Thank you

+2

senior master
Report comment
(5y)

♬ "And now ...

... is near, and we must wait for the final verdict" ♬

A big THANK YOU to all who contributed to the effort, and remember to check back next week for the results from the 91st Oscars® ceremony.

box

+3

This topic has been closed.

Similar forum topics

FEEDBACK

Join 351,278 users who love movies and TV shows!

208,794 reviews • 122,426 films • 18,483 TV series